Page 46 of 213 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 3194
  1. #676
    Senior Member moneyspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    @ Booshman: I was at home in this Black Panther thread for years WAY before you came in here, so this is my house and has been my house as much as it is now yours. And I'm not going anywhere. And these are not YOUR rules or OUR rules. It's called DISCUSSION OF FICTIONAL CHARACTERS, no matter how bitter you or other people may happen to feel about some of those characters.

    Now, if any of you who disagree with me would like to PM me to continue this discussion so that this thread won't be further derailed, feel free.
    Storm and The Black Panther, T'Challa and Ororo

    It's foolish to hate characters for actions that are controlled by writers.

    If you don't like a character's behavior, blame the writer.

  2. #677
    Senior Member PupsOfWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Whatever happened to the general "Diversity in comics" thread you dudes spun off a while back?

  3. #678
    Super Moderator Global Honored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    Whatever happened to the general "Diversity in comics" thread you dudes spun off a while back?
    There is a "minority issues in comics" thread over on the community forum that deals with a variety of issues including diversity
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ity-IV/page354

  4. #679
    Senior Member PupsOfWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    There is a "minority issues in comics" thread over on the community forum that deals with a variety of issues including diversity
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ity-IV/page354
    cool
    for some reason I thought it was on one of the company-specific boards

  5. #680
    Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,520

    Default

    There should be a button you can click on that gives us the obligatory LastManStanding scan...


    Quickly LMS while all the bickering is going on post a scan of Black Panther arm barring Galactus, while wielding Thor's hammer and making ever so passionate love to Storm at the same dayum time!


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAKYu7NJM0
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

    I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

    You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

  6. #681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Now back to the fighting...


    The reason I declare Black Panther the best H2H combat specialist is because he is not a martial artist in the since of show and tell or rep your style kind of fighter!

    Each fighter be he or she a wrestler, a kick boxer or a choke you to you pass out type of combatant has to have a set of goals or objectives to what it is that they are doing.

    If you are a Wakandan soldier then staying unconquered is an official kill order no matter who you are.

    The Navy Seal that killed Bin Ladin was he there to show his Karate trophies from when he was a kid or was it a bag em and tag em objective?

    Is there a point keeping system on the Wakandan battlefield that rewards you for leg locks and hammer fists?

    This is where Marvel can sometimes lose itself in outdated canon and continuity by holding on to characters that they favor over others even though history reveals new truths.

    It's like someone falling in love with Bruce Lee only to later discover that his grappling coach Judo Gene Lebell was throwing his small 130 pound frame all over the gym where cameras were not allowed although cameras are ever present when he is doing a demo for non-fighting actors or non-contact sport fighters that don't go all in.

    Nowadays with ESPN and a vast assortment of fight coverage we can judge better by strength of schedule, choice of opponent and the all important Vegas odds makers who could care less about your favorite athlete/celebrity because money talks B.S. walks.

    Global made a good point about ancient styles but without the existence of smart phones with cameras then who can compare all these "Secret" underground tournaments to know for a fact who can throw them things like a "G" and who is more hype.

    Is Mike Tyson writing comics because the perspective is that unless you have no use for 40 million dollars in pay per view how can you say that any martial artist from big to small can get with him when there was plenty of chances to step up to that challenge... You're not fighting him because the rules don't allow fishhooks or eye gauges? Really?

    So... If you tell me that a Kung-fu expert is the best fighter in the Marvel universe what happens if I see in real life several of prominent students to that style get knocked out repeatedly because they cannot counter a simple spinning back kick from a K-1 fighter who fights on the world stage?

    I can only go by one guy on the mat standing in one form and another guy standing in another and watching one guy go to work on him as if the other guy is standing still... This ish also makes it to youtube quite often but I am only going by the best of the best not Johnny so and so from some dojo in Kansas fighting a scrub claiming to the be the best.

    For every style there is counter... The exceptions are when one of the fighters is so much more of an athlete than the other that it is a mismatch like Hulk.

    But to have someone married to a style that was all the rage way back when only to find out later that behinds were getting kicked by someone not so well known (Gene Lebell) then adjustments have to be made accordingly if Marvel is currently a part of the real world in ongoing continuity.

    So not only is Black Panther the smartest man in the Marvel Universe (Yeah, I said it) he is also the best fighter if you adjust for the fact that his bloodline of Bashenga is still the undisputed and undefeated fighters of the Marvel Universe!

    The other fighters are not undefeated nor is their style historically... If you don't like it then Wakanda should not be a 10,000 year old concept inside the Marvel Universe and reboot them out if it is such a problem!

    If someone can beat Black Panther and does so then they should invade Wakanda and walk off with an arm full of Doras and vibranium treasure chests!

    There are are underlining (Deconstructive) reasons for why certain fanboys won't declare Black Panther the best at anything even though his gig makes him that by default... He can be second or a distant third or fourth but status quo must be maintained.
    I think the issue with Shang-Chi, which is whom youre referring to, is that you're assuming ALL he knows is Kung-Fu because that used to be the title of his comic. The man has been said to know various fighting styles, and his skill has been enough to take on super-powered and armored foes with his bare hands. Daredevil too.

    Like I said before though, not that much into saying who can beat who cause its hard to measure in the comics world, but all that was said is that Shang could and should give T'challa a way to go.

  7. #682
    Brother Judge Shadey10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Carolina
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    I'm waiting for those scans Reed lol.
    Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

    Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.

  8. #683
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    That is interesting. Strange, Namor and Reed have history being on Surfer's side. We know TChalla and SS have run into one another. I would be down with Surfer as a guest to this play.
    With his role in the universe and multiverse at large and this threat he'd have to be a factor. That and it'd be a nice nod to the original defenders.

  9. #684
    Gamebreaker Wellman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Yknow what if Galactus is one of the new members of the Illuminati? Or by proxy SS?
    Galactus isn't exactly a team player, nor does he care that much about Earth aside from certain spots such as the Galactus Seed and his future home boy Franklin.

  10. #685
    Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,520

    Default

    The top 10 reasons Black Panther is the smartest man in the Marvel Universe!


    1. What if he had to go up against Reed, Tony, Pym or Hank for the sake of Wakanda? Surely he would contingency plan for them moreso than they would for him which would imply victory as his only option.

    2. Wakanda has been advanced for a longer period than every other nation making T'challa's childhood a technological one like a child raised with an iPhone 10,000 years before it was invented.

    3. Vibranium is literally a gift that keeps on giving making Wakanda's scientists around the clock genius level intellects as they explore each and every property of it's powers.

    4. Being undefeated makes the Wakandan archives not only accurate but up to date as no known army has buried their accomplishments in the burial sands of time.

    5. With win after win Wakanda is not just a xenophobic nation it is a confident and secure people that gives birth to children that need not ever fear for want or protection through multiple generations.

    6. A 10,000 year headstart means that Wakanda in general makes up it's own finish line for any form of race or competition.

    7. The legacies of Wakanda are untainted with outside interference as uninterrupted dynasties of tribes who reinvent their own continuum.

    8. The women of Wakanda are not as stressed as other nations women because all threats to pillaging and ravaging has been prevented since 10,000 years ago leaving fear as something not passed on genealogically to their offspring.

    9. Each victory in war brings with it a new education of an outside culture exposing Wakanda to new languages and ideologies via prisoners of war or the very preparation of war itself with a new would be conqueror.

    10. It's in the Marvel Universe so T'challa would be exposed to all sorts of super heroes, geniuses and cosmic entities that he would first start spying on for detailed intel before befriending or assuming an adversarial position as a foe.



    So from the classroom to the laboratory to the war room to the battle field T'challa is a sponge that gathers intel from science to magic to the very human psyche like no other characters experience in the greater Marvel Universe!

    Some super heroes just fight, some just invent things, some rule or lead and some just make stuff up as they go along but T'challa is all these things and more!

    Now toss those stupid intelligence ranking lists of heroes away and embrace the truth of all truths... Black Panther is that dude!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

    I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

    You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

  11. #686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moneyspider View Post
    @ Booshman: I was at home in this Black Panther thread for years WAY before you came in here, so this is my house and has been my house as much as it is now yours. And I'm not going anywhere. And these are not YOUR rules or OUR rules. It's called DISCUSSION OF FICTIONAL CHARACTERS, no matter how bitter you or other people may happen to feel about some of those characters.

    Now, if any of you who disagree with me would like to PM me to continue this discussion so that this thread won't be further derailed, feel free.
    You're generalizing quite a bit in this thread right now about people being "bitter" which is kinda ironic since it was your bitterness about the supposed "disrespect" towards O'snooks that started the derailment of the thread in the first place.

    If you're desperate to talk about Storm and T'Challa the X-boards eagerly await you.

    I come into this thread to discuss T'Challa's momentum heading into 2013 so I could care less about O'Snooks and the writers/fans who clamoured for her return to team-centric obscurity.

    You talk like you're the only Storm fan posting in this thread wgen you know damn well that a majority of BP fans posting here were all avid fans of the couple during Reginald Hudlin's run.

    I personally hate her character post AvX and see no reason to discuss her character in this thread when there are literaly hundreds of more relevant characters to talk about.

    I have zero interest in anything X-related and avoid any mutant centered books like the plague.
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

    No More Mutants

    You failed before you even came at me funny style

  12. #687
    Member Memnoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wakanda/Mars
    Posts
    533

    Default

    TO all new and returning fans of the great liege, welcome to the state of wakanda!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

  13. #688
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wakanda
    Posts
    188

    Default

    In reguards to number one h2h
    Just like street fighter games every character has the potential to be number 1. It just depends on who is playing them (writing them) in this case. Black Panther potentially is the number 1 H2H based on his skillsets. Last I checked this is a BP appreciation thread so to me I think (once again my opinion) that he is the best. He has a plan to beat everyone from Franklin to Galactus. And just because people are to limited in there thinking to figure out a weakness that can be exploited then screw them. Shang Chi is good Black Panther is better deal with it.

  14. #689
    Junior Member Rayven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    315

    Default

    When BP enters a room



    I have nothing to add I just needed an excuse to use this gif

  15. #690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    TO all new and returning fans of the great liege, welcome to the state of wakanda!
    Hail Wakanda!

    Two things:

    I can't wait for January and New Avengers. Hickman is my favorite writer right now and if he writes our king anything like the geniuses over in Manhattan Projects then were in for a treat.

    Storm/BP disscussion I seem to torm remember there being a thread for that specific topic (or did that get locked?). Just my two cents but GH in the OP said this thread was to look forward to the coming stories for BP and Wakanda not to go back to the bad old days of DoomWarFuckery and BasketballWivesofAvX.

    I love Storm but Marvel did BP fans dirty.

    I (and a lot of the poster in here) have very high hopes for Tchalla for the new year, lots of positive stuff for our beloved hero with one of the best writers in the industry. Wakanda and its Wankandans look forward

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •