Page 41 of 213 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspider View Post
    It's also odd how it okay for people to continuously mention Black Panther's past (past stories, past characters that they would like to see who are no longer in Black Panther's life), yet they don't want to mention Storm, who they claim "is now part of Black Panther's past." A lot of you are trying to have it both ways, and that's totally illogical.

Some of your are basically saying "It's okay to discuss Black Panther's past, and the people he has known in the past...except for Storm."

That's not logical at all. It's childish, and ridiculous, and inappropriate. And I'm telling you all this right now: some of the posters in this Black Panther thread are slowly exhibiting the exact same behavior that other posters in other threads are exhibiting...behavior that in the past this thread has not condoned.
    It's perfectly logical. You're just confusing "the illogical" with "not getting your way." When (too many of) Storm's fans post in these threads, they tend to demonstrate how just how venomo..."passionate" they can be, when they derai...use an aside to start a new conversation. Which is something that steers the discussion away from the sole purpose of these threads. (Which to be fair though, happens on the Storm topics, but at a non-comparable rate.) Being a lurker on these boards for years, I've sat back and watched this happen time after time again. Storm is a sore spot for many BP fans and is a wound that hasn't fully healed yet. It's just like when idiotic degenerates of this generation make a joke about someone dying, and there's disapproval because it's before enough time has passed for it to be tolerable. Same situation.

Also....

Our house, our rules. Don't like them? Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspider View Post
    Correct yourself, because you have no idea what you are talking about. Storm is still very much in Black Panther's life, due to the upcoming A + X issue coming up featuring the two, not to mention Black Panther's upcoming appearance in Wolverine and the X-Men.

And I'm not "wrong" for bringing up a character that was married to Black Panther for six years. You can't logically forbid people from talking about a character because YOU and others don't want to hear her name or see her name. That's YOUR hang-up. If you or anyone else does not like Storm being discussed, then leave the discussion until Storm is no longer being discussed.

Another thing is, it's hypocritical to be okay with mentioning ORORO when she is being called out of her name, but then turn around and not want to discuss her when she is actually part of a discussion...and some people here from time to time DO want to discuss her. And if moderators don't even say we can't discuss Storm here, due to her being a part of Black Panther's mythos, then how on Earth can other fans who aren't moderators come up with these decrees of "No Storm Talk!?"

Also, Black Panther fans get upset when other fan bases treat Black Panther the exact same way that some people in this thread are treating Storm...and now we are acting the exact same way. It's uttery ridiculous, and it's utterly ridiculous for people such as yourself to defend childish behavior.

And that's like saying we can't mention Monica Lynne in this thread because she's no longer in Black Panther's life. That's faulty logic.
    Dude, if you want to talk about O'Snook's then go do that with yourself or over in one of the threads dedicated to her on the X-Boards.

We don't want any of the usual troll's showing up in this thread derailing stuff just because her name gets mentioned alongside T'Challa's.

It's really that simple.
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    It's perfectly logical. You're just confusing "the illogical" with "not getting your way." When (too many of) Storm's fans post in these threads, they tend to demonstrate how just how venomo..."passionate" they can be, when they derai...use an aside to start a new conversation. Which is something that steers the discussion away from the sole purpose of these threads. (Which to be fair though, happens on the Storm topics, but at a non-comparable rate.) Being a lurker on these boards for years, I've sat back and watched this happen time after time again. Storm is a sore spot for many BP fans and is a wound that hasn't fully healed yet. It's just like when idiotic degenerates of this generation make a joke about someone dying, and there's disapproval because it's before enough time has passed for it to be tolerable. Same situation.

Also....

Have you noticed how the most notorious of those posters no longer post in this thread even though some of them claimed to be Black panther fans as well?
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

Hey gang.
    I can see both sides of the argument here. Storm shouldn't be completely out of bounds for discussion as she will remain a part of T'Challa's "life" story and history, even if that part stings right now. That being said - the fact is that it does sting, so fans should be cognisant and respectful of that when talking Storm and BP. Therefore, please when discussing Storm as she relates to BP, do so respectfully with that understanding here and the realization that this is a Black Panther first thread. If posters want to focus the topic of their comments and conversation on Storm herself, then there are other threads more in tuned to that on cbr than this one.

Also remember that these characters don't create, write or edit themselves. They are fictional characters whose story changes and grows. They also didn't choose to be the object of certain types of fandom. Nor are all fans equal or like minded. So please everyone, let's move forward peacefully with more understanding of one another's viewpoints.

Has that Storm/BP A+X issue every dropped..or has it been pushed back?
    Last edited by RolandJP; 12-12-2012 at 09:36 AM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

After reading the above I'll just add that I've personally got no problem with that conversation as long as it doesn't become a E-fist shaking rancor fest.

And if it goes the other way, I can do without it as well.

Its all good.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    The standards and cornerstones of modern martial arts are "old" and though they have been expanded upon and fine tuned, it still comes from age old foundations. Those things never go "out dated" as long as the fighter himself continues to learn,adapt and progress. The skilled martial artists of today just go beyond one discipline and style to incorporate as much into their arsenal as possible from those old foundations. To be a versatile fighter is key. Using your own physical strengths and knowing your own weaknesses to mold an optimal style from those sources. Kung Fu - Kyokushin, Karate, Kickboxing, boxing, jiu jitsu, judo, sambo, wrestling...these are not exactly "new" but having vast knowledge and experience in a range of them is what makes modern fighters more dangerous than ever before.

T'Challa having an expanded knowledge of his base fighting style can only help him. Does that necessarily make him the Marvel U's top H2H fighter? Well no, I still give the nod to Shang Chi but it surely helps BP and definitely cements him into the conversation. If Klaw had an island to host an "Enter the Dragon" tournament, T'Challa would be in the bracket.

And the greatest weapon to a fighter isn't size nor strength, it is intelligence, knowledge. So yes, having the knowledge of past BP's definitely makes T'Challa a more dangerous H2H fighter.
    I loved the Immortal Iron Fist, so the idea of Klaw making a tournament of his own
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    It's neither your house nor your rules. Start your own forum if you want to throw out statements like that.

Also, I'm glad you dropped the "I'm new and don't know any better" act. You weren't very good at it.

Anyway, I can't wait for New Avengers #1. I'm sure Hickman will reignite my interest in Black Panther, despite all the ugliness in this thread that really puts me off the character.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Has that Storm/BP A-X issue every dropped..or has it been pushed back?

it may.. or may not be coming out next week

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    It's neither your house nor your rules. Start your own forum if you want to throw out statements like that.

Also, I'm glad you dropped the "I'm new and don't know any better" act. You weren't very good at it.

Anyway, I can't wait for New Avengers #1. I'm sure Hickman will reignite my interest in Black Panther, despite all the ugliness in this thread that really puts me off the character.

so you are holding a fictional character responsible for the actions of random people?

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    so you are holding a fictional character responsible for the actions of random people?
    Eh... We may not be the ones to talk.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post

You know, you could have made this post without that last comment there. That's simply baiting, asking for trouble to stir. This is what gets people riled up int he first place. It was overall unnecessary.

As for the debate at hand, I'm with Money on this. Yes, the situation stunk to high heavens containing the two characters, but she's a part of the BP mythos and there's still lots of moments and great times with the two that a majority of us very much enjoyed.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    No, I don't hold fictional characters responsible for anything--a valuable lesson more than a few posters could stand to learn. I just take a little petty satisfaction in seeing posters with some unsavory and offensive attitudes faced with disappointment. He's such a grand character. It's a pity the tone of this thread isn't that grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    You know, you could have made this post without that last comment there. That's simply baiting, asking for trouble to stir. This is what gets people riled up int he first place. It was overall unnecessary.
    The "O'Snooks" comments are also unnecesarry baiting, but you're right. I'm talking about elevating the tone of this thread, while at the same time wallowing in the muck. I should practice what I preach.

Here's to New Avengers.
    Last edited by Deus ex Chris; 12-12-2012 at 08:15 AM.

That and fact that the posters who come here and contribute the least are the ones who keep wanting to direct traffic 'round here.

As for the debate at hand, I'm with Money on this. Yes, the situation stunk to high heavens containing the two characters, but she's a part of the BP mythos and there's still lots of moments and great times with the two that a majority of us very much enjoyed.
    Exactly! A lot of the so called ugliness in this thread stems from so called fans, if you like BP or any character why even worry about what some of the fans say, I hope certain folks are made/remade fans of BP, he is an awesome character and should not be dismissed because one does not agree with fan made comments!
    Only the strong may call themselves Wakandans, only the strong!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"