Page 39 of 213 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Wait a minute...

I need official stats to prove that Black Panther is not numero uno like Oympic Judo gold medals, UFC titles and ABC, XYZ, LMNOP heavyweight boxing titles because a lot of fanboy writers aint never fought anybody H2H to declare what styles actually work!

If Marvel is supposed to be in the "Real World" then so too should myths about various martial arts be congruent to what is happening in the real world.

If Israeli's who fight every single weekend use Krav Maga instead of traditional styles and they like Wakanda are surrounded by their enemies then that has to be submitted as evidence to stay unconquered.

Officially what style does Captain America use because there may be real world counters to whatever it is that he uses... Is he a Greco-Roman or freestyle wrestler who happens to punch and kick in-between star spangled shield tosses?

Shang Chi is a Kung fu fighter which was a play on the 70's "Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting" before Muay Thai became the preferred choice of many an MMA fighter for stand up.

A super human fighter throwing knees quadrupled the comparison of scientifically measured car crashes is not only earth shattering but devastating to the skull and sternum.

If Black Panther uses energy daggers how does that compare to the Kali style of knife fighting used in the Philippines?

Marvel needs "Architects" that are more knowledgeable that don't play favorites for styles that they may have taken at the YMCA to ward off lunchtime bullies.

Sure you may be a fan of Iron Fist but considering how little ground and pound he does from yesteryear shouldn't someone with his same strength and skill be choking him the FRAK out or and leg locking him into submission.

The dojo has been replaced by octagon sporting cross training MMA gyms with guys that no longer bow when they enter the arena.

The sensei has been replaced by MMA coaches that have to craft multiple skills into one cohesive fighter.

There is a reason we watch pay per view where even the best of the best get knocked silly by overhand rights, push kicks and superman punches.

If you told me you trained whatever for how many years at the gym on a mat I'm tackling you (Two legged takedown) right off the bat and you are going to have to figure it out right there and right now... That is fun as heck to do and very therapeutic and of course very rude as you drop mock elbows (Ever so gently) on them but any who...

They should use The Black Panther to address that aspect and stir up ish from here to bullshido.net!

That Marvel ranking system is outdated!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    Maybe we should wait and see what the "king of the dead" upgrade entails fully before jumping to assumptions about how BP's figthing skills and strength have been augmented. From what I read it seems more like a wisdom upgrade...

As is though, Panther definitely should be one of the top fighters in the MU, though I dont really go all out on who is better than who. I would personally say characters like DD and Elektra are his equals, with characters like Cap and black widow being below him simply because I dont think Cap has a diverse of a range in fighting skills as T'challa does. He'd definitely have a hard time with Shang Chi (all that dude DOES is train, fight, and work on his chi) and Iron Fist only because of...the Iron Fist (which tore him up in Priest's run)

this train of thought i can kind of feel the point your making.Tchalla is def in the top rank based on the variety of arts that were tought to him. Even after him mastered the top arts of his homeland the dude had training in more exotic arts, where as cap had top us military some asian arts training but he is good at strategical improv on the combat tip.
    Comfortably numb is my state of being!

It depends for Marvel Martial Arts (MMA) are we equalizing powers or are we including powers because that decision is pretty important

But yeah who ever is saying styles are worthless because they are old. Clearly, has no understand of MMA at all. Then again probably trolling.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I personally think the ring itself is outdated. It should be and obstacle filled gymansium to help reflect real world scenarios, tactics, and strategy. Never the same obstacles twice. It will never happen but that would be so cool.

MMA also limits the effectiveness of many style. It is the best allowed, but it is still a sport. Martial arts styles have strikes and defensive maneuvers to maim or even kill someone. You can't use those in the ring I'm guessing. So many effective techniques are (possibly) overlooked when training to succeed in the ring.

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Having fought Muay Thai in a ring them knees and elbows aint TROLLING they are confirmed measured by scientific study to hit like car crashes you should feel one sometime it clears the pores and makes you feel all fuzzy inside!

Once you experience those all other strikes seem like child's play especially from persons not in your weight class... Don't forget "Catch Weights" that's why Sugar Ray Leonard does not step in the ring with Tyson!

Black Panther is in a world full of gamma radiated hulks where styles are shrugged off like dirt on the shoulder.

I used Israel as an example because they are a real world comparison to Wakanda and none of them that I saw when I visited back in the 90's were Buddhists which is heavy in influence to a lot of styles that require "Bowing" for they mostly follow "The God of Abraham" than gods of the far east.

So if Isreal which has a special forces second to none by default (That means actually fighting regularly and winning) does practice a hybrid style that ends wars in like 6 days then who has time to do the ancient monk thing up in the mountains imitating snakes and tigers?

Wakanda is a warrior nation that goes to work on the battlefields for keeps not to bow and try on their white, black or pink belt with matching gis.

If you can invade Israel with your style then I need to see that on CNN with less talk and more action... Back it up with stats they do with less numbers.

Besides that... A whole lot of fighting involves egos, a will to inflict bodily harm and the agreement to want to exchange violence with another human being that is also in agreement to do the same.

A lot of persons will not be willing to sign a waiver to step in the ring to either win or get embarrassed by their opponent where by round three you are too tired to talk about your style let alone rep it after you get hit hard over and over.

(Stop bringing back memories that ish hurt... Too bad they restricted Muay Thai in California my first opponent wanted a rematch!)
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Would it have been better for Storm and BP to stay together? Storm split time between Wakanda and Uncanny X-men/Extinction team; and have that team bankrolled by BP? Instead she hanging out with Puck and Spiral? Sounds like they have no real solid plan for Storm.

So how many issues before BP remarries?

Quote Originally Posted by upmiddowntown View Post
    Would it have been better for Storm and BP to stay together? Storm split time between Wakanda and Uncanny X-men/Extinction team; and have that team bankrolled by BP? Instead she hanging out with Puck and Spiral? Sounds like they have no real solid plan for Storm.

Isn't it about time to let the Storm thing go? It's done, and not even mentioned now over in the x boards...
    I also don't think xmen members or fans would have appreciated Panther bankrolling xmen operations, it would give him too much control, and why would he after what happened with the Phoenix five?

Plus, what's wrong with hanging out with Puck and Spiral? She's an Xman, she's going to work with x-characters, and she's worked with former enemies before. Humphries plan is to have her be a part of that team, and he's already said a lot of what she will be doing (like going back to her Mohawk, which makes sense) will be in reaction to what she's been through.

And the last thing I think Panther needs to do now is get married again. Date, sure, but he's got a lot of other things to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by upmiddowntown View Post

Please no more storm talk. I'd be happy to never have to see the character or deal with her fans again. She was a low point for BP's history and now that he has dropped the dead weight he has moved on to MUCH bigger and better places. She need not ever to be mentioned again
    Last edited by Shadey10; 12-11-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey10 View Post
    Please no more storm talk. I'd be happy to never have to see the character or deal with her fans again. She was a low point for BP's history and now that he has dropped the dead weight he has moved on to MUCH bigger and better places. She need not ever to be mentioned again
    Ok cool, just saying...lol

Assembling d NA III

http://marvel.com/news/story/19805/a...w_avengers_iii

Marvel.com: Most likely to use Illuminati influence to rig an election?

Jonathan Hickman: That would be Black Bolt. That would be Black Panther. It definitely would not be Captain America.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19805/a...#ixzz2ElSLL0iX
    Well we believe BP might rig an election but NOT just 2 stay in power only if d opponent is worse.

And BP wudnt use d Illuminati 2 do so bcuz he's politically smart enuff 2 know dat by doing dat d Illuminati wud hv sum leverage over him/BP & BP will nvr let dat happen unlessof course its a ruse 4 an ulterior covert motive.

Marvel.com: Most likely to cure the common cold and not tell anyone about it?

Jonathan Hickman:
    Wouldn’t the obvious answer there be Black Bolt?

Marvel.com:
    Do you think he could cure the common cold though? He’s not one of the science-y guys...

Jonathan Hickman:
    No, I don’t, but if he did he wouldn’t tell anyone about it.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19805/a...#ixzz2ElUAqdBF
    ahahaha...we/SZ just dat joke. LOL!

But d real answer 2 dat question wud b BP/Tchalla, dnt 4get he already has d cure 4 cancer & no1 outside Wakanda is aware of dat.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 12-11-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Assembling d NA III

http://marvel.com/news/story/19805/a...w_avengers_iii

Well we believe BP might rig an election but NOT just 2 stay in power only if d opponent is worse.

And BP wudnt use d Illuminati 2 do so bcuz he's politically smart enuff 2 know dat by doing dat d Illuminati wud hv sum leverage over him/BP & BP will nvr let dat happen unlessof course its a ruse 4 an ulterior covert motive.

ahahaha...we/SZ just dat joke. LOL!

But d real answer 2 dat question wud b BP/Tchalla, dnt 4get he already has d cure 4 cancer & no1 outside Wakanda is aware of dat.

That's a sore point to bring up cause it really was one story point that did not, and never did, make him look good. No matter how the outside world may abuse or misappropriate it, it never looks good for a character also considered a super-hero to not share a cure for a disease that affects the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    I always thought someone like Grant Morrison could revisit Kirby's campy run and take those ideas and make them modern and serious and futuristic while maintaining some form of campiness (like his Doom Patrol run and his "Superman: for all Seasons" story) just to re-visit that science-based and futuristic aspect of T'challa and Wakanda in a fun way.

Probably will never happen though...
    This is pretty much the Priest run 1-50. Every past incarnation and appearance of BP gets worked into the book. It occurs in arcs but it is there. He does about 10? issues of the Kirby BP and even has Velluto draw it in such a manner. Many would argue that Morrisons R.I.P. was heavily influenced by Priests Panther run.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by stealmyluck View Post
    This is pretty much the Priest run 1-50. Every past incarnation and appearance of BP gets worked into the book. It occurs in arcs but it is there. He does about 10? issues of the Kirby BP and even has Velluto draw it in such a manner. Many would argue that Morrisons R.I.P. was heavily influenced by Priests Panther run.

Peace
    Yes, I'm a huge fan of the Priest run and remember a lot of that, I'm just curious to see what Morrison would do with stuff like Princess Zanda and other stuff from Kirby, not to mention what he would add to it.

I doubt however that Morrison's R I P was influenced by Priest's run, though it could very well be who knows? Morrison has an affinity for all of that wacky stuff from the 60's and 70's, especially when he' s tripping...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey10 View Post
    Yeah, it's way past time to move on. Marvel has made their decision. Move forward and let's see what Hickman has in store.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.