Page 13 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    We really need to find a better name for them.
    Pretty much, I'd call them M.A. for short but I don't like that one either

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Pretty much, I'd call them M.A. for short but I don't like that one either
    How about The Ukuzi? Short for ukuzi-losi, Swahili word for pride.

Trying to do a little research on this.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

I like it and am sold on it

Cool, that would make for a much better name.

Bro, you've nailed it! :)
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

Ingeniously brilliant....SOLD!

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

The Ukuzi works... Lose the sexist "Wives in training" and use Midnight Angels as the description for the female air force that performs recon duty via Shadow Physics to pull Black Panther out of spots that get to hot for even him!

The last thing this franchise needs before going household name public is more things for fans to defend over and over... "Wives in training" is a mating call sound for more TROLLS to procreate from!

However... It is long overdue to stretch our linguistic aptitude and invent a language exclusive to Wakanda much like the movie Avatar for The Navi' or the many random ones in Star Wars so that descriptions of who and what they are can be uniquely their own!

One would believe that Wakanda is longer standing than Swahili in concept so using any other African language can interrupt the suspension of belief for a nation that has never been colonized or conquered!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

A Wakandan language is something that Marvel would have to work on although I don't think that's a priority on their list. We can't even get the solo out yet.

But the language would have to have some basis in real African dialect, maybe a little from here, a little from there. And it could be stated that the dialect used by other nations could have it's origins in Wakanda.

OK...finally d Bendis's NA has ended 2day with its last issue....so starting nxt wk we/SZ expect sum promotion, interviews, art or sumthing abd JH's NA starring BP/TCHALLA.

A Wakandan language is something that Marvel would have to work on although I don't think that's a priority on their list. We can't even get the solo out yet.

But the language would have to have some basis in real African dialect, maybe a little from here, a little from there. And it could be stated that the dialect used by other nations could have it's origins in Wakanda.
    Well, Hudlin did try 2 work on d Wakandan language ...remember d BP tv series hypnotic soundtrack?

Marvell2100, I take my hat off to you good sir for this utterly splendid suggestion.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many posters have been able to consistently come up with viable ideas and concepts relating to T'Challa, Wakanda and the wider Black Panther mythos while paid professionals writing for Marvel (with the exception of Priest/Hudlin/McDuffie and Liss) have remained consistently clueless in this regard.

Jonathan Hickman has alluded to the fact that he's interested enough in the character and his mythos to come correct but as brotha Flex has highlighted, Hickman's whole Egyptian tangent tied in with the King of the Dead thing is irksome to say the least.

The whole issue of the Wakandan Vibranium, Namor and Doom's perfidious acts of war against Wakanda and Storm's betrayal of T'Challa and the Wakandan people are all issues that remain unresolved and as such, any work that Hickman does on T'Challa through the New Avengers book will be somewhat cosmetic if the aforementioned issues are not acknowledged or dealt with adequately and in a manner that actually makes sense.

T'Challa and wakanda have suffered way too much in the hands of hacks and play-by-the-numbers writers over the last few years with Maberry probably being one of the worst culprits as far as the whole deconstruction of T'Challa and Wakanda gig was concerned.

Maberry wrote T'Challa and Wakanda with something of a colonialists perspective wherein the Wakandan's were portrayed as a people whose entire existence, opulence and prosperity resulted entirel from a over dependence on Vibranium.

One could even argue that he used Doom as a mouthpiece to articulate a disturbing attitude that seemed to suggest that Africans are incapable of achieving anything of lasting worth unless it's under the aegis of a paternal western hand. (in this case Doom)

Hickman really needs to come correct so it goes without saying that I'm waiting to see what he does with T'Challa moving forward with this new Illuminati-centric book.

Only time will tell if he manages to succeed in bringing T'Challa back into lasting relevance within the 616 MU.

I hope he realizes how much is at stake.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

BCB, it all comes down to the effort. Marvel has put very little effort into making BP the character he was intended to be. Priest, Liss, McDuffie and Hudlin were the only ones in the last 2decades to do justice to the character. Everything else was a half-hearted attempt or a short lived echo of what Stan and Jack envisioned. Marvel needs to put their effort where their mouth is and save the lip service for something else.

Agreed 310% Mr. M, we should email that post to Marvel

BCB, it all comes down to the effort. Marvel has put very little effort into making BP the character he was intended to be. Priest, Liss, McDuffie and Hudlin were the only ones in the last 2decades to do justice to the character. Everything else was a half-hearted attempt or a short lived echo of what Stan and Jack envisioned. Marvel needs to put their effort where their mouth is and save the lip service for something else.
    You get a gold star. I mean the effort BP has gotten so far:
    Vibranium removed.
    Wakanda Super Storm Sandied by Namor.
    Wife chose genocidal homies over husband and country.

And now as a consolation Prize BP gets to work with the man that killed thousands. Im waiting with unparalleled anticipation how Hickman will pull this off.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

Just like the BP theme song is is a pseudo Bantu dialect>
    The theme song was composed by Stephen James Taylor in a dialect meant to be Wakandan (the fictional character's native language). In reality, the song employed a Bantu-based language of Taylor's creation.

So it can be done plus the dialect that is used for the DM to talk to (and only to BP was Hausa) and that is a common traders language.