Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Dan Ketch > Johnny Blaze funeralthirst7's Avatar

I havent read X-Men: Legacy or Fantastic Four yet (sitting in the pile still). Of the rest, Thor is the best of the bunch. Captain America and Indestructible Hulk were great and should stay at a high level. Uncanny Avengers was good but seems to be on a bit of a slower start. Given time, it could be awesome. Deadpool was good but looks to be more of a flash in the pan. the art was probably the best Deadpool has ever had but I have doubts as to whether or not the writing can hold intrest beyond one or two arcs.

I have read 3 Marvel NOW titles so far. Indestructable Hulk Thor God of Thunder and Captain America. Thor and Hulk are amazing books and Captain America is very good not quite as good as the other tao but worth picking up and reading. I really like the art in the Hulk and Thor books both AWESOME in theor own ways.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Thor: God of Thunder is awesome. So far, it's the only Now book I would recommend.

Uncanny Avengers was ok, but not great. All-New X-Men was decent, but some of the dialogue was really awkward (I had to fix some of the dialogue in my head as I read it in order for it to sound like something someone would actually say). Deadpool was entirely unimpressive.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

I have liked everything except Ironman. I usually don't enjoy Ironman solo anyway, but I thought Gillen might do something interesting. Nope. Land doesn't help. I just can't tolerate his art anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Saku View Post
    Land doesn't help. I just can't tolerate his art anymore
    Yeah, the story isn't all that bad really but it's so damn painful to read it with Land as artist.

Having sampled all but Deadpool and All New X Men....

Indestructible Hulk
    Thor
    Legacy
    Fantastic Four
    Red She Hulk
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Uncanny Avengers

I'm not going to lie, though; the best book there is only just 'good'. Not yet one has blown me away. At the same time, the worst one on there isn't completely irredeemably god awful, it's just a bad big superhero action book, a la Geoff Johns' Justice League.

Marvel Now is feeling very much like it's going to play middle of the margins; the highs won't be too high, but neither will the lows be very low.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I should say, that I place Legacy so high is more for the potential I see in it, or the ideas expressed. That book is a perfect example of 'strong concept, weak craft'. There were a couple of bits that were really botched, but it had some really cool ideas that tickled me pink.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Really of all the Marvel NOW books so far, nothing had really been bad. My tops: Hulk, All Old X-Men, Deadpool.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Read and really enjoyed:
    1. Uncanny Avengers - Didn't care for the cast when announced, but Havok and Scarlet Witch rubbing the X-Men's noses in it has them growing on me.
    2. Thor: God of Thunder - This looks to be a hit.
    3. Indestructible Hulk - Well thought-out set-up so far.
    4. Avengers Assemble - Very pleasantly surprised.

Read and seem okay:
    5. Red She-Hulk - Enjoyable but just kind of "there" so far.
    6. Journey Into Mystery - The dialogue and art were nice but I'm not sure I'm going to dig where the story is headed.
    7. Deadpool - Issue 2 was better than issue 1.
    8. Captain America - Shaky start.

Read and didn't care for:
    9. Fantastic Four - Blah.

I aggresively browsed All-New X-Men. Didn't care for it.

Not interested in X-Men Legacy and I'm not touching Greg Land's Iron Man with a 10 foot pole.

For me it was Thor: God of Thunder as the stand out!

Enjoyed Fantastic Four and Uncanny Avengers - both brimming with potential.

Not completely convinced by the Indestructible Hulk - storyline and art didn't really grab me. Nonetheless, will still be there for issue 2.
    DC - Aquaman, Forever Evil, Tom Strong
    Marvel - Thor: God of Thunder, Uncanny Avengers
    Dark Horse - Abe Sapien, Captain Midnight
    Dynamite - Doc Savage

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

"I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Imo the best Marvel book right know is Journey to Mystery.

Just Marvel Now : until yesterday i would have say F4 but man, Thor really is really something. So, the crown goes to the god of thunder.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Can't comment on all. I've enjoyed All-New X-Men, Iron Man and X-Men Legacy.

Uncanny Avengers was the only dud I've read so far.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Thor was brilliant. Definitely the best IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    All-New X-Men was decent, but some of the dialogue was really awkward (I had to fix some of the dialogue in my head as I read it in order for it to sound like something someone would actually say).
    lol. I did that too!

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    All-New X-Men was decent, but some of the dialogue was really awkward (I had to fix some of the dialogue in my head as I read it in order for it to sound like something someone would actually say).
    That was the problem I had with Uncanny Avengers also.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn