Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sanseru View Post
    Yes, how could he be so mean and get distracted by something that concerned his whole family (e.g. mutant registration and travel restriction) instead of fetching that diaper right away!
    The Mutant Registration Act was a potential threat; the diaper was an immediate need. Scott could have handed Maddie a clean diaper while barely taking his eyes from the TV screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Livewire View Post
    Having gotten into the X books in the late 80's, I loved Maddie as a strong human woman who could and did stand with the X-men and hold her own. She was abandoned by her jerk husband, seperated from her child, and was bitter about that. More importantly, she was as 'real' as the rest of the X-men to me. The clone bit derailed her, and destroyed the character. Elsewise, she was Oracle before Oracle.

Oh, and it was clear to me she wasn't Jean/Clone of Jean in Asgardian wars, when she got powers from the Firefountain.
    My No-Prize entry is that Maddie's own powers were awakening, but Loki conned her into believing the Firefountain's magic did it. She lost her powers because she didn't realize they were hers. Telepathic rapport for mental healing, molecular-level TK for physical healing.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 11-27-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    Beverly Allen--The Bee, with honey and stinger

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Tom Brevoort is really a jerk at this point. I normally don't down creators or get into it with marvel staff, but I find his comments to be offputting and filled with ignorance.
    I think the snide 'what's it to do with you' or words to that effect he said to a fan wanting to know about Chris Claremont was the worst. Why be downright insulting to someone who only asked a perfectly reasonable question?

Is it an editor thing?

I see his point but I wouldn't phrase it like he did. I liked Maddy but then they decided to make her evil and whatever and completely butcher her character for the sake of Scott looking like a nice guy.
    I like Scott but the whole Maddy thing really left a mark on his character.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You've NEVER read a Galactus stry? One can not even say "COSMIC" without thinking Galactus first!
    I don't say "COSMIC" much so it all works out.

Maybe a hit of that Silver Surfer will make me see things differently in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    That's quite true, up to the point when Scott realizes that Maddie isn't Jean, and confesses over Jean's grave that although he'll remember her forever, he's glad that Maddie isn't her. That the two of them have a chance of building something new and different from what Scott and Jean had. That's when the creepy "man going after dead girlfriend's look-alike" plot turned into a "man gets over his grief and finds someone else" story. Sure, she was still a redhead... but after issue 175, the resemblance between Jean and Maddie was downplayed to the point of being hardly ever mentioned.

It's too bad the whole thing was undone, because it was a rare instance of a comic character dying and of other characters believably moving on instead of being haunted by years and years of clones/dimensional alternates/time displaced copies.
    I understand that's what the intention was, but it just doesn't work to me. Regardless of what Cyclops says, it's still a relationship that started with him under the misapprehension that she was Jean, and regardless of them downplaying the resemblance, the entire introduction of the character was that she was practically identical and later on, she was revealed to be an actual clone.

The idea of Cyclops going, "Okay, that was weird and creepy, but now I love her for her!" just....it doesn't really ring true. And then with Scott immediately dumping her for Jean....it turned into kind of a nightmare.

BANNED

The great about her is that she'll always be a constant reminder that Scott Summers is a complete scumbag. No white washing can change that. Damn I wish Stryfe would of ended up being their son. Would of been poetic justice.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I don't say "COSMIC" much so it all works out.

Maybe a hit of that Silver Surfer will make me see things differently in the future.
    GD ONE!
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Tom Brevoort is the worst; with his sanctimonious, holier-than-thou attitude. I respect others' opinions, but the approach he formulates his opinions infers that any other opposing opinion is looked down upon. He can just go home.
    .tumblr
    by the light, by the truth, by sangreal and sword and pendragon's fire
    by defender's might and dragon circle's destiny behold thy bane!

✘ stephen strange

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    Tom Brevoort is the worst; with his sanctimonious, holier-than-thou attitude. I respect others' opinions, but the approach he formulates his opinions infers that any other opposing opinion is looked down upon. He can just go home.
    That's why the faithless mindlessly flock to his formspring page.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-27-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

The Livewire

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    The Mutant Registration Act was a potential threat; the diaper was an immediate need. Scott could have handed Maddie a clean diaper while barely taking his eyes from the TV screen.

My No-Prize entry is that Maddie's own powers were awakening, but Loki conned her into believing the Firefountain's magic did it. She lost her powers because she didn't realize they were hers. TP for mental healing, molecular-level TK for physical healing.
    That would make sense. I just hated the entire thing.

Aside, my first wife was a heavy set brunette with glasses, so was my second. So I can understand the idea that Scott was attracted to Maddie because she looked like Jean. A bit of overkill on the coincidences though.

Who knows, maybe Claremont overdid it so if he could ever use JEan again, it would be "Scott, honey! I slipped in the shower and bumped my head. I remember now, I really am Jean Grey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sanseru View Post
    Oh, I don't really defend him for leaving his wife and infant son, I just don't see why people make such a fuss about that diaper-scene. It's not like he didn't bother. He was just about to help Madelyne when he got distracted by the news, which is understandable given the circumstances.
    The NEWS of the REAL JEAN GREY BEING BACK FROM THE DEAD with firmer boobs than ever. Time to dump the post pregnancy fake ass broodmare.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

he was such a terrible husband. I'd love Maddy wasn't turn evil, it was stupid and forced. She would be an excelent EX!!! And explore an interesting complex relations between all the characters: a lot of x-men liked Madelyne, even more than Jean because she wasn't known by the new characters (Rogue, Psylocke, longshot). She was an adult strong and capable. Why not use her to explore the consecuences of a divorce? Marvel let that chance go. No they have to turn her evil, insane, just to kill her and that was all. Scott was the widow, the victim. And Jean...God, I like her but I absoluty HATE how bitchy is portrayed in Xfactor. I dislike her a lot in that issues.

Maddy was one of the more solid character before xfactor. Even her pact with the devil could be used to put her as one of the few character with magic/mystical powers, a helpfull resourse to not depend only en someone so scarred as Magik.

Madelyne was one of the big reasons I didn't like Inferno. I would've rather she went back to being a pilot.
    Also, Magik being destroyed, probably on Bob Harras' say so from his list of things to do.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

tom b needs to look at the hood, sentry and the ruination of cyclops while he has been in power before he belittles cc's work. you no the stuff they can't get past in x-men. here is an idea stop rehashing his work.

also i read that wolverine and storm was getting together. i wonder where i read that before? thats right cc was planning to do that before he was pulled off the book. but tom b or marvel won't admit that it was cc's idea.