Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    he wasn't when they gave it to him but was when they took it.

so becoming an X-man makes you incompetent. Just look at fraction's run for proof.
    What he fought on caps side in civil war and he use to be a avenger remember what cap said in CC " once avenger always a avenger" Smh so becoming avengers is better look at wolverine for example Still a idiot

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    LOL, for Charles X.'s Grave Robbery, I blame Goat Lady, Bag of Winds boy, Lady Octopus, "Demon Etrigan" want-a-be insect man and Tokka form TMNT 2: Secret of the Ozze!

Bag of Winds Boy, was Taken From:
    Looool !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    man you just can't win with xfans,they complain to the ends of the earth that the avengers don't aid the xmen, now that they are, there sayin the book is contrived and they don't buy the characters reasoning
    * Never cared about the Avengers assisting the X-Men.

* Conceptual desires =/= quality storytelling. Have some standards.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Retired

So this was the final straw for Thor? The same Thor who had a tie-in with Mutant Massacre? This book is such a joke.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

LOL! Never knew Thor was that big of an idiot. It didn't concern him that the government sanctioned killer robots to hunt and kill its citizens or hold them without cause? It didn't occur to him that maybe something's wrong when a minority is ushered into concentration camps against their will? Obviously, he's just the muscle; Captain America's pitbull.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Yeah, from around Disassembled to Secret Invasion he was in limbo, and from SI to Siege he was busy rebuilding Asgard. By that point the X-Men had moved to Utopia, and when they were closed off by Bastion, he showed up to help.

Typical X-fans and their martyrdom.
    Wait, what was Thor's excuse before all that? Mutants weren't being treated like crap just between Disassembled and Siege. He's been around the MU a lot longer than that and had seen what was happening in his beloved Midgard. He says it, clear as day, that he's witnessed the struggle between man and mutants for years!
    These gods, I tell ya, they're useless! Let's not make excuses for them.
    Last edited by FIFTY-TWO (52); 11-26-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    So this was the final straw for Thor? The same Thor who had a tie-in with Mutant Massacre? This book is such a joke.
    Why does it not make sense that Thor would get pissed off at someone trying to incite a race war? Come on now. Obviously the intent behind what happened and not the event itself is what makes this a big deal and Thor recognizes it. The mutant massacre was a big deal...but if a race war starts, then that would be far far worse. And things are already a little dicey because of what just happened with Cyclops and the Phoenix 5. Now would be the best time for a person like the Red Skull to do something like this. Being a god, things like racism already probably seems incredibly petty to him...so someone trying to incite a race war would understandably be a big deal to him. I just feel like a lot of people just look for ways to be negative about this book because it's the popular flagship, etc etc.
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Wait, what was Thor's excuse before all that? Mutants weren't being treated like crap just between Disassembled and Siege. He's been around the MU a lot longer than that and had seen what was happening in his beloved Midgard. He says it, clear as day, that he's witnessed the struggle between man and mutants for years!
    You act as if Thor was sitting by idly all of these years. He was fighting other gods and monsters and Thanos, and Galactus and all of the other crazy threats that the Avengers go up against. Just look at it this way: If Kang the Conqueror or Ultron and a bunch of Sentinels attack in the same day, which one of those situations requires Thor's attention more? And he has shown up to aid the mutants on occasion. The real reason that Thor hasn't shown up more to help is because the X-Office and Avengers Office kept things mostly separate. Now, they're trying to do more of a shared universe and people are complaining SMH.
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

To be fair, to a thunder/war god a terrestrial struggle between different factions of mortals must look to him like a slap fight between chicks.

If one side got a dragon to fight for it, then he'd start paying attention.

In his heyday mortal life was violent, anything less than open outright warfare/slaughter he'd consider status quo. The killing of the defenseless has always set Thor off.

The Morlock massacre was outright slaughter and so is this.

Thor have been underused in Team series and crossovers IMO . So , maybe Remender , wants to prove that Thor isn't "The-god-who-smash-everything-when-heroes-say-him-to" ...

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

It is always Fun Talking with you Bro., and any poster who makes interesting points.
    Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Same with you CJ :)
    Take a look, everyone. THIS is what Uncanny Avengers is all about; A and X coming together.

CJ, stussy...you guys, what you've accomplished here- it's so...it's so...IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! (ToT)

Knowing about something is different from seeing it happen right in front on you. It's going to have more of an effect in the short term at least, on an emotional level.

There are a million bad things in like that happen in the world, but exist to most of us only in the newspaper or the evening news. If they were to happen right in front on you, I'll wager most of us would find it far more upsetting. And Thor is no different. He's on the front lines in a situation where innocent people were murdered, and he's a bit upset with that. This is all that scene is really conveying. Thor, a fairly emotional guy to begin with, got a bit angry and is expressing that. You can argue he's being a bit overly dramatic in the dialogue, but that's not entirely out of character for a guy like Thor.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Thumbs up Bringing the Smackdown!!

What makes me Excited about "Uncanny Avengers #2" as well is:

Thor will be Bringing the Smackdown!

Rogue will be Bringing the Smackdown!

Scarlet Witch will be Bringing the Smackdown!

"While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

What makes me Excited about "Uncanny Avengers #2" as well is:

Thor will be Bringing the Smackdown!

Rogue will be Bringing the Smackdown!

Scarlet Witch will be Bringing the Smackdown!

IF YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElalalala laalalllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL what rthe avengers are cooking.
    Cyclops ad portas

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Thumbs up Finally Has Come......Home!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    IF YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElalalala laalalllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL what rthe avengers are cooking.
    5:20 to 9:38, The Rock Can be talking about Scarlet Witch here too, LOL.

The Rock Says: FINALLY, Scarlet Witch has Come Back To The Avengers! Which FINALLY, Scarlet Witch has Come Back --------HOME!

And the Crowd Goes WILD!
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png