Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mosdef View Post
    Deathstroke vs the JLA in Identity crisis #3

I'll...vote against this.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I can't name a specific issue but Deathstroke fighting it out with the titans around the time of The Judas Contract were always great. Batman fought Deathstroke in Slade's comic in the early 90's and that was cool....Mon El and Ultra Boy vs. Dev Em clones in the late 80's...

I might be in the minority but I loved the fights in JLA vs The Avengers, Thor vs. Superman is so epic it's almost out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I'll...vote against this.
    Seconded. I find that one of the worst fight scenes I've ever seen. And the narration only makes it worse.
    "The League teaches you how to fight!"
    Does it also teach you how to bite, pull hair and scratch?

Peace

Sodam Yat vs Superboy Prime in the Sinestro Corps.

Superboy & Kid Flash vs Superboy Prime in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds.

Flash vs Amazo in The Nail.

Surprisingly, I can't think of many great fight scenes that I thought impressed me. It's kind of weird. However, I got some that I just love:

I forget the issue was, but you can find it in Batman: No Man's Land Vol. 1 (the new big collection put out). It's a fight that places Batman against every single thug that the Penequin has in order to stop the guy's nasty activities going on in No Man's Land. He beats down every single one (In a fight that seems to last for hours according to him) and still has enough energy left to scare off the crowd from attacking him or the Penquin. It was amazing and probably my second favorite story from the event.

Another one I don't think anyone mentioned was Jim Gordon beating down Detective Flass in Batman: Year One. Simple, but still just great.

And that's it. Can't think of anything else that I think was amazing.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Superman Vs The Elite
    Superman Vs Protex/JLA vs Hyperclan
    Superman Vs Asmodel

Batman Vs Swat Team in Year One
    Batman Vs Prometheus round 2, JLA

Green Arrow and the Atom Vs Darkseid, JLA
    JLA Vs Solaris, DC 1,000,000
    Wally West Vs Hunter Zolomon
    Kyle Rayner Vs Alex Nero

To name a few, off the top of my head...

Also, "JLA" Vs Deathstroke in Identity Crisis and JLA Vs Amazo in Meltzer's JLA are probably the two worst fight scenes I can remember. Just awful.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Does anybody remember the Aquaman versus Hawkman fight back when Zero Hour was the "In-thing"?

Quote Originally Posted by carloshll726 View Post
    Does anybody remember the Aquaman versus Hawkman fight back when Zero Hour was the "In-thing"?
    No...during Zero Hour Arthur was kinda' busy loosing his hand...showed up at the big hero gathering in the main series with a makeshift bandage suffering from blood loss.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I think one of my all time favorites was Wonder Woman vs Superman in JLA: League of One. It was a brilliant fight played out on gorgeously painted panels.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Sodam Yat vs Superboy Prime has got to be one of the best fights ever.
    Superman Vs Doomsday
    Superman vs Elite
    Superman vs Mongul

I don't know if it's technically a "fight" as it happens off panel, but Batman vs the White Martians was an awesome moment.
    Last edited by R0NIN; 11-29-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    I like swords.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Surprisingly, I can't think of many great fight scenes that I thought impressed me. It's kind of weird. However, I got some that I just love:

I forget the issue was, but you can find it in Batman: No Man's Land Vol. 1 (the new big collection put out). It's a fight that places Batman against every single thug that the Penequin has in order to stop the guy's nasty activities going on in No Man's Land. He beats down every single one (In a fight that seems to last for hours according to him) and still has enough energy left to scare off the crowd from attacking him or the Penquin. It was amazing and probably my second favorite story from the event.

Another one I don't think anyone mentioned was Jim Gordon beating down Detective Flass in Batman: Year One. Simple, but still just great.

And that's it. Can't think of anything else that I think was amazing.
    I know which one you are talking about. It was all cutesy type art. Drawn by D'Israel, and felt very, very out of place. Still, it was a good fight, but not great.
    Flass v. Gordon was great.

When Superman returns in Final Crisis. After everything that had happened, the good guys were losing, and then boom. Superman can get angry. Real angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Seconded. I find that one of the worst fight scenes I've ever seen. And the narration only makes it worse.
    "The League teaches you how to fight!"
    Does it also teach you how to bite, pull hair and scratch?

Peace
    I guess it didn't teach any of them to actually use their powers. Green Lantern, Flash or Zatanna should be able to take down Slade with slightly less effort than blinking an eye.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    I know which one you are talking about. It was all cutesy type art. Drawn by D'Israel, and felt very, very out of place. Still, it was a good fight, but not great.
    Oh yes, the artwork was really out of place and I really hated it for it. Still the story was good enough for me to get past it, so that's always a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh yes, the artwork was really out of place and I really hated it for it. Still the story was good enough for me to get past it, so that's always a plus.
    D'Israeli is a great artist, but he does sometimes seem out of place. He's much better in Scarlett Traces and Lazarus Churchyard

All the fight scenes in Justice Legue Earth 2 DVD are great (the one with the Crime Syndicate, I think that' s the name). There were a number of fight scenes in the old JLU cartoon that were great and there have been some really good ones in the Young Justice cartoon (the one where they fought Amazo was really cool).

I enjoyed the fights with the villians in COIE and IC, I just wish they would have expanded on them a bit (I know it's hard to do with that many characters involved but it would have been cool to see something like Superman from Earth 2 square off againts Black Adam etc).

I actually got chills the first time I read the 1st issue of IC where the Freedom Fighters are getting slaughtered and The Human Bomb loses it and blows up Dr Polaris, that was totally bad ass.