View Poll Results: Rate DWF/UWS

Voters
38. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in

0 0%

2 5.26%

8 21.05%

8 21.05%

8 21.05%

3 7.89%

5 13.16%

3 7.89%

0 0%

1 2.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    In terms of overall effect on the UU DWF/UWS is nowhere near where Ultimatum was. As far as writing and story are concerned I think that it is actually worse then Ultimates 3, but not as bad as Ultimatum. The true test will be to see if we are still talking about how bad it was 5 years from now, like we do with Ultimatum.
    Nah I think it will more in terms of the Supreme Power event. We barely talk about that. Though I do see us talking about how good Ultimate X-men was during DWF/UWS.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 11-26-2012 at 10:05 AM.

That feeling when even the most hardcore Avengers 3 haters will prefer that story to this.
    Last edited by Drz; 11-26-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I missed it. I'll wait for the trade

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

That feeling when even the most hardcore Avengers 3 haters will prefer that story to this.
    That gif is hilarious.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

UXMEN and USM where great I thought, I thought Ultimates could have been alot better, but all in I wasnt overly impressed it was kinda short

I don't know if I can rate this event fairly. What I will say though, I dropped all the titles at the start of it minus USM. It felt like too much was going on and the timeline felt off for most of the books. It was an interesting idea, but Ultimate events have been poorly executed for some time now. I just found it hard to get into the Ultimate X-Men book for some reason. It was jumping all over the place and just wasn't doing it for me. The Ultimates was a mess though and I dropped that quickly.

I must have missed something. That was how I felt reading the books and because of that they went to the wayside. I don't think I'll give another Ultimate book a chance for some time. Its funny that a universe created to garner in new readers with a short continuity is too confusing for me to follow. Especially since I've read most of the books since their inception.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

The concept behind the actual story of the event was good, but the Ultimates ruined it with a Loki-rehash and the daft President America stunt. Especially when he solves the entire problem in a single issue by flying around the country and punching people into being "not separatists" any more.

The best thing to come out of it was the Ultimate Spider-Man issues because of how it finally threw Miles in with some characters he's really been needing to get some time with (Aunt May, Gwen, MJ, Cap, Spider-Woman) and the introduction of Hydra.

Ultimate X-Men continues to be bland, directionless and disregarding absolutely everything about the characterisation of the protagonists. Kitty has absolutely no traces of her character left, Bobby has basically been an emotionless blank slate since Bendis stopped writing him in USM, and Jimmy is just coming across as a sad loser with no characterisation other than the fact he really wants to (and, I guess, now is, given what Kitty says in the .1 issue?) bone Kitty.

If anything, this event has shown how much Humphries and Wood do not suit these books. I'm hoping someone at Marvel is getting that, too.

Here's an interesting quote from Hickman:
    My question:
    You left some books such as Ultimate Marvel to have more time and preparation to work on the relaunch of Avengers/New Avengers, do you plan to use some of your unused ideas of Ultimates in your Avengers/New Avengers series?
    Hickman's response:
    My leaving was a bit more complicated than that. Yes, when it became obvious that I was getting Avengers, I needed to leave, but a bunch of that was also the Ultimates relaunch being swallowed alive by DC's New 52. There's more, but that's all inside baseball.

To answer your question, No. All of this is completely different. Except maybe one exception.
    Did Axel Alonso feel insecure about Ultimate Marvel's relaunch that he had to force Hickman end his rumored 16-issue 1st arc and get a new story going on to get some lousy USA today coverage about Captain America, which totally failed in sales by the way.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Here's an interesting quote from Hickman:
    My question:

Hickman's response:

Did Axel Alonso feel insecure about Ultimate Marvel's relaunch that he had to force Hickman end his rumored 16-issue 1st arc and get a new story going on to get some lousy USA today coverage about Captain America, which totally failed in sales by the way.
    that`s what i figured when i read it as well. may also point towards the reasons for spencer`s departure.
    All-time Favs: Ultimate Marvel, Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets, Ex Machina, Grant Morrison, Saga...

Why would Marvel be comparing it's UU sales to DC's new 52? The new 52 dominated the top 10 for what 6 months straight or more? Of course it would be crushing the UU.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Why would Marvel be comparing it's UU sales to DC's new 52? The new 52 dominated the top 10 for what 6 months straight or more? Of course it would be crushing the UU.
    New 52 still dominates sales and Marvel has countered that with relaunches of their own, double shipping 3.99$ titles to keep up with the sales of DC's 2.99$ dollars and constant events. I mean, they couldn't wait more than few months before launching the Ultron event.
    My Blog

New 52 still dominates sales and Marvel has countered that with relaunches of their own, double shipping 3.99$ titles to keep up with the sales of DC's 2.99$ dollars and constant events. I mean, they couldn't wait more than few months before launching the Ultron event.
    That's not what I'm talking about. What I don't understand is how Marvel could think that relaunching it's alternate universe would even come close to competeing with the New 52. The UU hasn't really been anywhere near a top 10 book since 2004 I think maybe even longer.

Side note, I believe the Ultron event has actually been delayed and is now finally coming out. If I'm not mistaken it was supposed to come out before AvX.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

That's not what I'm talking about. What I don't understand is how Marvel could think that relaunching it's alternate universe would even come close to competeing with the New 52. The UU hasn't really been anywhere near a top 10 book since 2004 I think maybe even longer.
    Maybe Alonso felt the Ultimate Marvel needed an extra push. Death of Spider-Man + Miles Morales we're a big thing, but then noone talked about them afterwords. They took a gamble and they lost big time, should have left Hickman do his thing.

Side note, I believe the Ultron event has actually been delayed and is now finally coming out. If I'm not mistaken it was supposed to come out before AvX.
    Because of New 52 Marvel decided to make the most predictable cliché commerciable event out there, which is Avengers vs. X-Men, now why couldn't they simply delay Age of Ultron further or keep it self-contained? Why launch an event a few months after a major relaunch? Heck, why not release it as an OGN? Theres a market for them proven by DC comics & Legendary, among other comic companies.
    My Blog

Remember, this thread is about DWF/UWS, not Marvel vs DC. If you want to talk about this on the Off-Topic thread, that'll be fine. Otherwise, stay on topic.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I am stunned by how many people gave this higher than a 6/10. Even giving it a 6/10 seems crazy to me.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine