Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Why do I hear so many more people who want a Captain America #100 or an Incredible Hulk #102 than people who want a Flash #105?
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

It'd be nice to have Flash 105 in my collection, but it's not something I imagine as possible in my lifetime. Better to save my money for other needs and other comics.

Flash #105 is extremely cool. Much cooler than Hulk #102 or Cap #100. But I think there are just a lot more Cap and Hulk fans around these days, not to mention the huge difference in cost.

But you know what would be cooler than a Flash #105? A Flash #104, that's what!
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

A local shop has been selling a ton of DC Showcases and some Marvel Essentials for half off. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person buying them so every payday I've been buying 2-3 of them. So far I've bought:

Justice League of America Vol. 1-3
    Batman Vol. 2-3
    Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 1
    Flash Vol. 1
    Essential Defenders Vol. 2-4

I know Essentially Defenders Vol. 1 is out of print but I think I'll be able to find that with relative ease for a decent price. If I find that then I expect to read all 4 Volumes of Defenders next year.

I've also been getting the itch to read Cerebus again.

20% Cooler Than You Richard Bishop's Avatar

Been really busy the past few months trying to get settled into a new job and trying to get my house sold, but I had some free time this afternoon (wife took the daughters Christmas shopping), so I thought I would stop by the Classics Forum and see what was going on.

For 2013, my Classic Comics goals are:
    1. Finish my Captain America collection (Marvel, not Timely). I am looking for #'s 100-112 and 114-117 to have all of them.
    2. Fill in my FF collection back to #100. Need #'s 100-110, 112, 116-118, 120-122, 124, 128 and 132.
    3. Finish my Tomb of Dracula run. Need #'s 3, 4, 6, 7, 11 and 33.

If I could accomplish that, I'd be pretty happy. After than, probably look to finish my Iron Man collection, but I still need most of the books before #50 to accomplish that (44 of them in total, including the first 39).
    "I don't hate everybody. I think I'm better than everybody. It's completely different."

Currently Hunting:
    Marvel Two-in-One #1, and Werewolf by Night #32 (at a reasonable price)

Continue collecting Matt Baker romance books in high grade

OK, I know I am late to the show. (Heck I even suggested that someone start this thread, and then I never got around to posting...)

Well, as it stands -- I am trying to complete a run of ASM from 1-700. I need 18 more issues. My goal is to get that down to 9 by next year. Plus, I need 5 annuals. I like to get that down to 1 or 2.

As for secondary goals, I will pick up the occasional issue of Daredevil vol. 1. I will also see if I can pick up a few Silver/Bronze Age Doctor Strange issues.

And that's about it for me,
    Tom
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

Default My 2013 Goals

Inevitably, I'm going to end up buying a lot of stuff, but my primary goal for 2013 is to read far more than I buy. 2012 was the first year in which I accomplished this, and I still have almost 40% of my collection (over 3000 comics) unread. I have very little free time, but I managed to read nearly 900 comics this year, and I think I can make a similar effort next year.

Specific reading priorities for the year:

1. Finish Gaiman's Sandman
    2. Finish TMNT vol. 1
    3. Get at least a year of Superman reviews done
    4. Read my giant stack of unread Dell Ducks comics
    5. Read A LOT of Creepy and Eerie
    6. finish my Planet of the Apes reviews
    7. Read Astro City
    8. Read more Hellboy and BPRD
    9. A lot more Sgt. Fury reviews
    10. More Batman reviews
    11. Backtrack and read some older Batman stuff (particularly Marshall/Rogers)
    12. Read (and possibly review) Len Wein's run on Hulk
    13. Read Moore's Swamp Thing
    14. Read Batman Family
    15. Read Moench and Simonson's runs on Thor
    16. Start a Master of Kung Fu reviews thread
    17. Start reviews of Moench's Werewolf by Night and Moon Knight
    18. Start reviews of the Defenders from the beginning
    19. Read (and possibly review) Aztec Ace
    20. Read (and possibly review) THUNDER Agents, Dynamo, and No Man
    21. Read (and possibly review) Man-Thing vol. 1
    22. Read more Marvel Conan
    23. Read Kull
    24. Seek out more Gerber and Moench works to read
    25. Obtain and read Foolkiller
    26. Obtain and read all appearances of the Great Lakes Avengers
    27. Obtain and read Shade The Changing Man
    28. Obtain and read Bat Lash
    29. Obtain and read Strikeforce Morituri
    30. Obtain and read the Byrne Fantastic Four run
    31. Obtain and read more Marvel/Curtis mags from the 1970s
    32. Start the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League reviews
    Last edited by shaxper; 12-23-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel Bond View Post
    That Beatles-wannabe issue is going to bite....

That Batman #222 value must have really only recently skyrocketed. I swear I got a VG copy of that like maybe 4-5 years ago for maybe $8 bucks. I know I didn't pay over $10.

I never realized that issue took off and is worth crazy money now.

I'd like to read more comics... I have far too many books on the unread pile. My goal is to read 3-4 a day and participate in the read 1000 comics in 2013 thread. Which I'm sure someone ill start.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc1214 View Post
    I'd like to read more comics... I have far too many books on the unread pile. My goal is to read 3-4 a day and participate in the read 1000 comics in 2013 thread. Which I'm sure someone ill start.
    My exact thought for the past three weeks, now!

Good now I'll just have to stick to it. I hope more people join in with us.

I'm probably in again for 2013 with a goal of 1000 (barely made that this year), but 1500 is too much for me I think.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

My goals for 2013 are pretty much the same every year, to just enjoy the little moments. Life can be most unexpected and things can go from good to bad in a heartbeat so its the little moments I always try to appreciate and just take a moment to enjoy. When it comes to comics, I hope I save more than I spend and I hope I dont spend much at all. If anything it puts the potential purchaser in a very good position as far as a comics go because there are tons of collectors out there who are desperate for two things; money and space and many are offloading their collections. In previous years, some issues seemed out of reach, but as more collectors flood a dwindling market, those don't seem so out of reach anymore.