Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I want to finish my She-Hulk collection. I'm getting very close.

I'd also like to get my entire 15,000 + comic collection in alphabetical order and stored in some location where I could more easily access it. It's in rough alphabetical order now, but I want everything in order.

After getting it in order create a database or spreadsheet so I can see what I have at a glance and stop rebuying issues.
    If classic she-hulk let me know, I have a more than a few issues of this and Ms. Marvel - both which I considered collecting/started collecting for a while, and then decided not to bother.

Be a while before I get to my lock-up where they are - a week or so at least.

I can tell you now I paid so little for them I would be open to trade or possibly you just paying postage. PM me if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    4) Branch off into the horror genre. I tend to go through stages of what I want to read and I am feeling this is my next stage. Would love to get some Dracula, Werewolf and others. I find the covers are usually amazing and hope the stories are too
    I loved the 'Werewolf by Night' run from the 70s. Plus the Mike Ploog art is the bomb! This by itself made me into a fan of the horror genre!

1. Finish off buying the Swamp thing run from 1-64 . I need about 5.
    2. try to get the remaining Teen titans books from all the series after Wolfman /Perez.
    3. I have all the Fantastic Four comics from 116 (v.1) to present , now I'm going to work on 115 down.
    Life is what you make it.

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

I'd like to resume getting books from the library. It's really silly for my family to have access to such a great resource and not use it more.

TIME! We need more TIME!
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

It's not fair. It's not fair. I had all the time in the world.
    Last edited by Slam_Bradley; 11-28-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    I'd like to resume getting books from the library. It's really silly for my family to have access to such a great resource and not use it more.

TIME! We need more TIME!
    I second this for myself as well. I have to get back in the habit of making use of the local library, especially for things I'm not sure I'll like but want to take a chance on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    It's not fair. It's not fair. I had all the time in the world.
    One of the earliest episodes I remember seeing, and one of the most memorable, if only for that final scene.

Veteran Member

I'll probably update this in January, but right now I particularly want to continue reading more Tintin and other French BD from past decades - Blake & Mortimer, and on from there. I might also try to read some American comics from the 30s, 40s, and onwards - Flash Gordon, and maybe The Spirit, to start with. There are a few prose books from those same decades I plan to read next year as well, so that should go well together. Apart from that, I'll try to finally get round to Planetary, which I abandoned after reading and enjoying the first trade a couple years back when I heard the series wasn't yet complete. And a bunch of other trades I've picked up the last few years but haven't read yet - e.g. Vinyl Underground, Phonogram II. I'll also continue with things like The Unwritten, Bulletproof Coffin, Nikolai Dante, and a few others.

1. Sell off the half of my collection I have no interest in ever re-reading.
    2. Earn enough disposable income to justify buying more classic comics.
    Pulling for: HATE!; League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Doktor Sleepless; S.H.I.E.L.D.; Sergio Aragones Funnies; The Manhattan Projects; MIND MGMT; Nightcrawler

Read funnybooks I want to read when I want to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Read funnybooks I want to read when I want to read them.
    Best one yet!

I plan to read comics.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

My Goals in 2013:

1. Batman. Just to kill off a few holes (1970's books, specifically), finally finish a few of the other character runs and titles (Nightwing vol 1 and Batman Confidential, in particular). Would like to get my hands on another Trophy Book, Batman 171. Ah, that would be nice.
    2. Finish the Strange Adventures/Animal Man issues. Get the last three Alan Moore Swamp Things I don't have. Try to finish Punisher and Punisher War Zone, Fleetway's Crisis and get, believe it or not, The Cleaners #4.
    3. Try not to get suckered into another chase: Last year, I decided to get all the Planetary books , and while it was easy and a lot of fun, I have to be honest in saying that I didn't really need them, seeing as I had them in Trade... I'm sure there are other guys on the forum that can relate!
    4. Turn the front room into a fully functioning comic library; basically this means buying a lot of bookshelves from Ikea and actually stop using the boring, yellowing long box.
    5. Have me another Holy Crap moment. Y'know a 'I can't believe I'm buying New Mutants #98 for a quid' moment
    6. Read more Jack Kirby. The King deserves 'my focus on the creator' (2012 was Ellis) attention.

Quote Originally Posted by inferno View Post
    1. Sell off the half of my collection I have no interest in ever re-reading.
    2. Earn enough disposable income to justify buying more classic comics.
    Story of my life.

I also like Max Hauser's suggestion to have an annual creator to focus on. I think mine for 2013 will be Alex Toth, though more by happenstance than by design.
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    Story of my life.

I also like Max Hauser's suggestion to have an annual creator to focus on. I think mine for 2013 will be Alex Toth, though more by happenstance than by design.
    Though speaking of Toth, I'm probably going to be reading Torpedo some time in the near term.

I use Cro-Magnums, baby! C.O. Jones's Avatar

On the Marvel side of things:

Get a DD #7 w/ Namor.

And an ASM #40, finally.

Hulk #102.

Plus a decent-looking FF #23.

An Avengers #5 would be nice.

Someone selling a cheap lot of Strange Tales and Tales Of Suspense comics I could snatch up would make my year.

Plus an Iron Fist #14, an Iron Man #55 and a Hulk #181 would be cool as well.
    Nick Fury's to-do list:

1) Save the world.
    2) Punch Norman in the face.
    3) Have a beer.