Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I want to finish my She-Hulk collection. I'm getting very close.

I'd also like to get my entire 15,000 + comic collection in alphabetical order and stored in some location where I could more easily access it. It's in rough alphabetical order now, but I want everything in order.

After getting it in order create a database or spreadsheet so I can see what I have at a glance and stop rebuying issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I want to finish my She-Hulk collection. I'm getting very close.

I'd also like to get my entire 15,000 + comic collection in alphabetical order and stored in some location where I could more easily access it. It's in rough alphabetical order now, but I want everything in order.

After getting it in order create a database or spreadsheet so I can see what I have at a glance and stop rebuying issues.
    I tried filing my boxes in alphabetical order but I have an issue when a series has to be continued in another box. I usually store them in order of importance to me. there are many boxes that have random one shots and curiosities that I've bought over the years.
    Life is what you make it.

1. Progress with my Amazing Spider-man hunt - complete my run from #10-545 leaving #'s 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 for 2014 on. (That means tracking down 10-13, 15-16, 18, 72, 75, & 81).

2. Read at least one comic a day, keep a dairy with thoughts on the issue.

3. If the comic in 2. above turns out to be something I didn't enjoy, put the comic straight into the 'to sell' pile.

4. Sell my 'to sell' pile.

5. Look to fill in gaps in my ConanTB and SSoC, The Spectre, and Nick Fury runs.

6. Only buy TPB's for anything other than classics or runs already underway.
    Last edited by Sacorn69; 11-25-2012 at 06:59 PM.

a couple of books I've been meaning to get:

- the Star Wars Omnibus books collecting the Marvel Comics run

- Superman Earth 1 & 2

- softcover versions of Batman The New 52 since I refuse to get the hardcovers

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    My plan is to read Amazing Spidey/Spec Spidey/Marvel Team-Up in the order of release.

I also plan to end 2013 with FEWER items on my want list, instead of MORE!
    Actually, let me add to that: I hope to put up a review thread for my Amazing/Spec/MTU read-through. (Yikes!) Summer, probably.
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

1) Win lottery.

2) Go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    1) Win lottery.

2) Go nuts.
    you're going to be very disappointed next year...

1) Keep up with the Masterworks and archives that are released including the Ka-zar they are releasing this year.

2) Keep working on my Valiant completist checklist. Doubt I finish it in 2013, but getting closer.

3) Start that Malibu Ultraverse completist checklist. Need a good inventory of what I already got. That means finding the box they are in.

4) Maybe organizing my collection for easy finding.
    David Bowie fan

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    you're going to be very disappointed next year...
    Hey, I'm half-way there.....

1. Foster my middle child's (daughter) interest in comic books. She is the one of my three kids who shows an interest in both collecting and reading.
    2. Finish up reading my Alan Moore Saga of the Swamp Thing/Swamp Thing run that I recently purchased. (will probably be done before 2013)
    3. Collect Ennis' run of Punisher Max and read it.
    4. Complete my collection of Byrne Fantastic Four and read it.
    5. Complete my collection and read original Conan the Barbarian (Marvel) series beginning to end.
    6. Read Y the Last Man in trade or comics (haven't decided).
    7. Cull my pull list to the stuff that I really like.
    Last edited by AZBarbarian; 11-26-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Forgot Conan :-)

1. Finish selling off paper comic collection.
    2. Concentrate on increasing digital classic comics (seemingly better on my eyes).
    3. More indexing for Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe (would really like to get a complete Superman chronology down)
    4. More original writing (fantasy novel and a novel about a super-hero world ending with the assassination of the President in '63 and the last Axis attack on the US in October, 1945)
    My Multiverse had a Crisis, and all i got was a lousy Reboot!

"When the f*ck did we get Ice Cream?"
    Wendell, The Ringer

"After a while, I was able to use the squirrel to break down the door..."
    Granny Puckett, Hoodwinked

=====================

"DONT TALK $H!T ABOUT TOTAL!!!!"
    TOURETTES GUY

I've been meaning to get this done for years. My son is coming for Christmas and bringing some banker box-style comic boxes so I can stack them against a wall and pull out each box / drawer separately without having to dig down and hunt, not to mention all the lifting and stress on my post-double fusion back.

That'll also enable me to properly inventory the collection and finally know what I really have and don't have ! Woo hoo ! Possibly selling some of them off or maybe starting my own blog. Who knows.

Either way, I'm going to start getting caught up on years of reading ! I can't wait ! I'll also know what I readily have and don't have and will be able to hunt down to fill holes in the collection. I literally haven't been through it in about 10 years now, and it's a huge mess.

You've all posted some great goals for 2013. Let's hope those Mayans are wrong.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Probably for me it's some simple stuff:

- Plugging the gaps in a few of my collections:

1-Namor the Submariner (1960's to early 1970's series) - probably about 30 issues shy of having a complete, vf-m run, even some doubles.

2 - Marvel-Two-In-One (apart from annuals and king-size issues I'm about 12 issues away from a full run of m/nm isssues) - quite a few doubles I want to sell

3 - Marvel's Micronauts - maybe 8 issues or less away from a full run of both volumes, and a ton of doubles that I want to sell.

4 - Avengers Volume 1 - #16 to #200 - this won't be done in 2013, but I should be able to fill in the gaps from issue 80 to issue #200. I might be missing about 5 issues. Between #16 and #80 have a lot of work to do to fill those gaps. Again, a ton of doubles that I want to sell

I bought many of these from one seller and they were a really odd-lot, near complete runs but with boat loads of doubles - some of my Avengers lot from #80 to #200 contained 4 doubles of an issue. It was weird because I don't think it was specified in the listing. He had everything he promised, but then doubles and triples, in every bundle in the lot.
    Last edited by Schnitzy Pretzelpants; 11-26-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Starting the 2013 goals already eh? Haha maybe I will be able to complete a few in the next month but I am planning on going on a buying hiatus. Tis the season to give to others now. That being said, here are 5 goals for me in the coming year:

1) As always, add to the ASM. Particularly stuff pre #100 and I am hoping that at some point I will suck it up and spend the cash on a nice copy of 121, 122 or 129 (doubt all three will be purchased this comicn year but ya never know!)

2) Continue with the Batman...I am always keeping my eyes peeled to complete the Knightfall stuff (I am missing several issues), as well as a number of other must read Batman stories. Also want to add some stuff done by Adams. Which leads me to...

3) Adams art. I have been looking at everything he has done and it just looks awesome. If anyone has a list (I will search the forums too) of his tope five stories/artwork/whatever, lemme know. I just purchased a few horror books for which he did cover art and would love more

4) Branch off into the horror genre. I tend to go through stages of what I want to read and I am feeling this is my next stage. Would love to get some Dracula, Werewolf and others. I find the covers are usually amazing and hope the stories are too

5) Give my "unwanteds" to my little cousin. He lives a ways away and I dont usually get to see him unless its Christmas. But he is apparently all into the superhero stuff and I have a bunch of Marvel Tales and other stuff that I dont really collect. Hoping to get enough together to give to him or mail his way.

Thats me five...we shall see how I do! Best o luck on everyones goals

I would like to read the Silver Age Flash series all the way through. It's been on my to-do list for a couple of years now but I just never get around to it.