View Poll Results: Who Got the Best Trial By Fire?

Voters
53. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Kitty

19 35.85%
  • Dani

14 26.42%
  • Cece

9 16.98%
  • Jubilee

12 22.64%
  • Armour

7 13.21%
  • Anole

5 9.43%
  • Trance

3 5.66%
  • Pixie

12 22.64%
  • Oya

17 32.08%
  • Broo

4 7.55%
  • Shark-Headed Freak

9 16.98%
  • Rogue (vs. Viper in Japan)

16 30.19%
  • Other, please elaborate

5 9.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    It was surge that lead the team during messiah complex. Those kids fought a nimrod, belasco, and purifiers. Theses circus freaks at the school now arnt even allowed to fight.
    I enjoy the "circus freaks" more because they are a bit more atypical and strange than the Saved by the Bell: Torture Years crew who are all the generically pretty kids go through the grinder for the sake of intense melodrama. They are bland because they are so neatly formed archetypes with little deviation from the norm, much like any crew from a post-Scream slasher flick.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    That's because Aaron doesn't want to write them.
    Nobody has wanted to write them cause they are awful. One day the fans of these characters will get this. They remind me of my high school students from the other day who couldn't spell "Holiday". That's not even a tough word. But they are so self-involved they have no idea whats going on around them or when they look like idiots. I'm still convinced the group should have left and became villains after the mansion was destroyed. They should resent the X-Men. It's the best option for these losers aside from another bus accident.
    Last edited by Swashbuckler; 11-27-2012 at 12:28 PM.

We'll see how much these last once Aaron leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    I enjoy the "circus freaks" more because they are a bit more atypical and strange than the Saved by the Bell: Torture Years crew who are all the generically pretty kids go through the grinder for the sake of intense melodrama. They are bland because they are so neatly formed archetypes with little deviation from the norm, much like any crew from a post-Scream slasher flick.
    Smh one man trash is another man treasure I guess. 5 years from now these characters will never be seen again because marvel will realize how dumb these characters are

When Aron leaves these characters will be shipped to limbo where they rightfully belong

Well you pretty much summed it up. But, you know, i still hate to see a good super power go to waste, guess I'm just shallow like that. There were still options for these kids from a literary stand point and I don't think anyone ever took advantage. Hence a huge group of 2 dimensional people pleasers.

BANNED

That's just it, Gillen created Idie, Evan is Remenders, Glob and Quinten are from Morrison. Broo is from...I forget who wrote that Astonishing arc. None of them were from Aaron except Shark Tits, Eye Boy (who probs will bite it) and Jia Jing (who we haven't even seen yet).

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Smh one man trash is another man treasure I guess. 5 years from now these characters will never be seen again because marvel will realize how dumb these characters are
    Haters gon' hate, because the Academy Xers' five years are almost up.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

If we're going for weird, i'll need more than an overly-mammaried Jabberjaw, and a clearly unimaginative amalgam of previous NXM characters.

The right-wing idiot crustacean is good for a few laughs, but I see him overstaying his welcome already.

I mean, let's be frank, there's no pathos here. The Lights had issues of their own, but at least we could get motivation and relatable identification from them.

I don't see anyone else using them, frankly, because they're not very good. They're cartoonish thumbnail sketches masquerading as characters we should be interested in.
    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 11-27-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Lol so true faded so true

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    If we're going for weird, i'll need more than an overly-mammaried Jabberjaw, and a clearly unimaginative amalgam of previous NXM characters.

The right-wing idiot crustacean is good for a few laughs, but I see him overstaying his welcome already.

I mean, let's be frank, there's no pathos here. The Lights had issues of their own, but at least we could get motivation and relatable identification from them.

I don't see anyone else using them, frankly, because they're not very good. They're cartoonish thumbnail sketches masquerading as characters we should be interested in.
    The Lights were by far the most well-written of ANY of the 2000's students, dare I say even moreso than my favorite Morrison creations, despite some generic and unattractive designs that has probably and always will hold them back.

Few of the current students really hold any star value to me (although I'd begrudgingly give Rockslide a double-jointed half-thumb up), but I feel as though I'm backing who would be the most entertaining stage prop.

Shark-Girl wins the audition through a fun introductory issue over the sterile, tear-stained cardboard cut outs fandom is outraged she has usurped.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

The Lights were by far the most well-written of ANY of the 2000's students, dare I say even moreso than my favorite Morrison creations, despite some generic and unattractive designs that has probably and always will hold them back.

Few of the current students really hold any star value to me (although I'd begrudgingly give Rockslide a double-jointed half-thumb up), but I feel as though I'm backing who would be the most entertaining stage prop.

Shark-Girl wins the audition through a fun introductory issue over the sterile, tear-stained cardboard cut outs fandom is outraged she has usurped.
    I don't really know who she's usurped. Surge? Teon? It's not even a matter of her filling a previously-unoccupied niche - it's the cheapness behind the whole premise, the sketch that's more visual gag than actual development.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Shark Grrl is a fierce eco terrorist and did us a favour by usurping Kid Gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I don't really know who she's usurped. Surge? Teon? It's not even a matter of her filling a previously-unoccupied niche - it's the cheapness behind the whole premise, the sketch that's more visual gag than actual development.
    Well that's watx for you. These characters aren't sustainable outside of this kitsch environment.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Babyhater666 View Post
    Well that's watx for you. These characters aren't sustainable outside of this kitsch environment.
    Glob Herman has outlasted the Academy X kids.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013