View Poll Results: Who Got the Best Trial By Fire?

Voters
53. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Kitty

    19 35.85%
  • Dani

    14 26.42%
  • Cece

    9 16.98%
  • Jubilee

    12 22.64%
  • Armour

    7 13.21%
  • Anole

    5 9.43%
  • Trance

    3 5.66%
  • Pixie

    12 22.64%
  • Oya

    17 32.08%
  • Broo

    4 7.55%
  • Shark-Headed Freak

    9 16.98%
  • Rogue (vs. Viper in Japan)

    16 30.19%
  • Other, please elaborate

    5 9.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 115
  1. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    It was surge that lead the team during messiah complex. Those kids fought a nimrod, belasco, and purifiers. Theses circus freaks at the school now arnt even allowed to fight.
    I enjoy the "circus freaks" more because they are a bit more atypical and strange than the Saved by the Bell: Torture Years crew who are all the generically pretty kids go through the grinder for the sake of intense melodrama. They are bland because they are so neatly formed archetypes with little deviation from the norm, much like any crew from a post-Scream slasher flick.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a pirate ship
    Posts
    17,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    That's because Aaron doesn't want to write them.
    Nobody has wanted to write them cause they are awful. One day the fans of these characters will get this. They remind me of my high school students from the other day who couldn't spell "Holiday". That's not even a tough word. But they are so self-involved they have no idea whats going on around them or when they look like idiots. I'm still convinced the group should have left and became villains after the mansion was destroyed. They should resent the X-Men. It's the best option for these losers aside from another bus accident.
    Last edited by Swashbuckler; 11-27-2012 at 12:28 PM.

  3. #78
    I just want to hit #$%& Sanji's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    We'll see how much these last once Aaron leaves.

  4. #79
    Veteran Member stussyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    I enjoy the "circus freaks" more because they are a bit more atypical and strange than the Saved by the Bell: Torture Years crew who are all the generically pretty kids go through the grinder for the sake of intense melodrama. They are bland because they are so neatly formed archetypes with little deviation from the norm, much like any crew from a post-Scream slasher flick.
    Smh one man trash is another man treasure I guess. 5 years from now these characters will never be seen again because marvel will realize how dumb these characters are

  5. #80
    Veteran Member stussyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    We'll see how much these last once Aaron leaves.
    When Aron leaves these characters will be shipped to limbo where they rightfully belong

  6. #81
    Master of none Babyhater666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    I enjoy the "circus freaks" more because they are a bit more atypical and strange than the Saved by the Bell: Torture Years crew who are all the generically pretty kids go through the grinder for the sake of intense melodrama. They are bland because they are so neatly formed archetypes with little deviation from the norm, much like any crew from a post-Scream slasher flick.
    Well you pretty much summed it up. But, you know, i still hate to see a good super power go to waste, guess I'm just shallow like that. There were still options for these kids from a literary stand point and I don't think anyone ever took advantage. Hence a huge group of 2 dimensional people pleasers.

  7. #82
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a pirate ship
    Posts
    17,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    We'll see how much these last once Aaron leaves.
    That's just it, Gillen created Idie, Evan is Remenders, Glob and Quinten are from Morrison. Broo is from...I forget who wrote that Astonishing arc. None of them were from Aaron except Shark Tits, Eye Boy (who probs will bite it) and Jia Jing (who we haven't even seen yet).

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Smh one man trash is another man treasure I guess. 5 years from now these characters will never be seen again because marvel will realize how dumb these characters are
    Haters gon' hate, because the Academy Xers' five years are almost up.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

  9. #84
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    I enjoy the "circus freaks" more because they are a bit more atypical and strange than the Saved by the Bell: Torture Years crew who are all the generically pretty kids go through the grinder for the sake of intense melodrama. They are bland because they are so neatly formed archetypes with little deviation from the norm, much like any crew from a post-Scream slasher flick.
    If we're going for weird, i'll need more than an overly-mammaried Jabberjaw, and a clearly unimaginative amalgam of previous NXM characters.

    The right-wing idiot crustacean is good for a few laughs, but I see him overstaying his welcome already.

    I mean, let's be frank, there's no pathos here. The Lights had issues of their own, but at least we could get motivation and relatable identification from them.

    I don't see anyone else using them, frankly, because they're not very good. They're cartoonish thumbnail sketches masquerading as characters we should be interested in.
    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 11-27-2012 at 12:51 PM.

  10. #85
    Veteran Member stussyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Lol so true faded so true

  11. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    If we're going for weird, i'll need more than an overly-mammaried Jabberjaw, and a clearly unimaginative amalgam of previous NXM characters.

    The right-wing idiot crustacean is good for a few laughs, but I see him overstaying his welcome already.

    I mean, let's be frank, there's no pathos here. The Lights had issues of their own, but at least we could get motivation and relatable identification from them.

    I don't see anyone else using them, frankly, because they're not very good. They're cartoonish thumbnail sketches masquerading as characters we should be interested in.
    The Lights were by far the most well-written of ANY of the 2000's students, dare I say even moreso than my favorite Morrison creations, despite some generic and unattractive designs that has probably and always will hold them back.

    Few of the current students really hold any star value to me (although I'd begrudgingly give Rockslide a double-jointed half-thumb up), but I feel as though I'm backing who would be the most entertaining stage prop.

    Shark-Girl wins the audition through a fun introductory issue over the sterile, tear-stained cardboard cut outs fandom is outraged she has usurped.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

  12. #87
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    The Lights were by far the most well-written of ANY of the 2000's students, dare I say even moreso than my favorite Morrison creations, despite some generic and unattractive designs that has probably and always will hold them back.

    Few of the current students really hold any star value to me (although I'd begrudgingly give Rockslide a double-jointed half-thumb up), but I feel as though I'm backing who would be the most entertaining stage prop.

    Shark-Girl wins the audition through a fun introductory issue over the sterile, tear-stained cardboard cut outs fandom is outraged she has usurped.
    I don't really know who she's usurped. Surge? Teon? It's not even a matter of her filling a previously-unoccupied niche - it's the cheapness behind the whole premise, the sketch that's more visual gag than actual development.

  13. #88
    HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    Shark Grrl is a fierce eco terrorist and did us a favour by usurping Kid Gladiator.

  14. #89
    Master of none Babyhater666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I don't really know who she's usurped. Surge? Teon? It's not even a matter of her filling a previously-unoccupied niche - it's the cheapness behind the whole premise, the sketch that's more visual gag than actual development.
    Well that's watx for you. These characters aren't sustainable outside of this kitsch environment.

  15. #90
    Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babyhater666 View Post
    Well that's watx for you. These characters aren't sustainable outside of this kitsch environment.
    Glob Herman has outlasted the Academy X kids.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •