Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've always seen the sun things as being more his divine/elemental nature than a strict durability feet. Him being the son of Gaea let him interact with Sun differently than most. Though this is pure speculation on my part.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Thor also has feats for not being disintegrated when shot by Celestials, making Thanos "work for it" on several occasions, getting hit by pissed-off skyfathers without getting KO'd, etc.

These are all fights that he loses, sure, but he doesn't get annihilated, either.

His high-end durability and soak are higher than his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    I've always seen the sun things as being more his divine/elemental nature than a strict durability feet. Him being the son of Gaea let him interact with Sun differently than most. Though this is pure speculation on my part.
    If I didn't know better I would say you were brand new to Rumbles..

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, Thor spends the first few seconds of the battle saying stuff like; "Forsooth, ouch," and stuff as the much, much faster Shonen leads hit him with mountain busting energy blasts, class 90ish strength barrages and so forth.

But they'll kind of cotton onto the fact that they can't really hurt Thor in any meaningful way and then it just becomes a protracted game of keep away until they eventually take a hit and get beaten down.

I'm also somewhat dubious about the Sun feat being completely legit myself since it's kind of above stuff that's been shown to hurt Thor as I recall. It's more a Surfer-level feat but it doesn't really make much of a difference here.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, Thor spends the first few seconds of the battle saying stuff like; "Forsooth, ouch," and stuff -.
    That's more Hercules' thing, I think. Thor would go with 'Verily, ouch'. :)

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That's more Hercules' thing, I think. Thor would go with 'Verily, ouch'. :)
    "I say thee OUCH! That hurteth the Odinson! Verily, ceaseth that at once! Thou getteth mine goat!"
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Yeah, Thor spends the first few seconds of the battle saying stuff like; "Forsooth, ouch," and stuff as the much, much faster Shonen leads hit him with mountain busting energy blasts, class 90ish strength barrages and so forth.

But they'll kind of cotton onto the fact that they can't really hurt Thor in any meaningful way and then it just becomes a protracted game of keep away until they eventually take a hit and get beaten down.

I'm also somewhat dubious about the Sun feat being completely legit myself since it's kind of above stuff that's been shown to hurt Thor as I recall. It's more a Surfer-level feat but it doesn't really make much of a difference here.
    Is it really a Surfer level feat? I always figured things like fighting in black holes are more Surfer level.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Is it really a Surfer level feat? I always figured things like fighting in black holes are more Surfer level.
    Both are Surfer level.

Well, I recall that there was a pretty cool sequence wherein Surfer, in the midst of some serious existential angst, ploughed through the centre of a Sun and didn't even really notice which is why sitting in Suns just says "Surfer," to me.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Both are Surfer level.

Well, I recall that there was a pretty cool sequence wherein Surfer, in the midst of some serious existential angst, ploughed through the centre of a Sun and didn't even really notice which is why sitting in Suns just says "Surfer," to me.
    I see, so would you classify it as SMvsFL territory? Or just one of those weird feats that borders right on the boundaries of being SMvsFL? Granted it doesn't matter for this specific fight, but in future rumbles it might.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I see, so would you classify it as SMvsFL territory? Or just one of those weird feats that borders right on the boundaries of being SMvsFL? Granted it doesn't matter for this specific fight, but in future rumbles it might.
    Eh, I don't know Thor well enough to make a case for it but... I don't know... chilling in the centre of the sun seems a little above his paygrade to me. I could see him surviving but not as easily as the scans, assuming I am recalling the right ones, have him doing. I mean, the pressure alone at the core of the Sun is like 100,000,000,000 atmospheres and that's a conservative estimate. That equates to over 734,797,512 tons of force on every square inch of Thor's body.

I know he's Class 100 but that's an utterly ba-nay-nays feat. At least Superman has the caveat that being in the Sun actively makes him exponentially stronger. This feat does seem a bit outstanding when you look at him getting rocked and knocked about by things that aren't even in the same timezone as that level of force.

Now, if you compare it to Surfer who takes She-Hulk hitting him in the face without even apparently noticing that she was trying to hurt him, planets blowing up in his face and other such stuff... yeah... there's more of precedent for it in my eyes

So, yeah, unless Thor has a couple of really high end feats that the bridge the gap, the Sun thing feels like an outlier to me. But, as I said, I don't know Thor that well outside JMS' run.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thor also has feats for not being disintegrated when shot by Celestials, making Thanos "work for it" on several occasions, getting hit by pissed-off skyfathers without getting KO'd, etc.

These are all fights that he loses, sure, but he doesn't get annihilated, either.

His high-end durability and soak are higher than his strength.
    These have also mostly been mod-ruled as SMvsFL. They aren't really worth bringing up, and it is misleading to do so.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...0#post12076950
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 11-26-2012 at 10:39 AM.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    These have also mostly been mod-ruled as SMvsFL. They aren't really worth bringing up, and it is misleading to do so.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...0#post12076950
    Heh, I like how you're all "OMG DON'T YOU KNOW THIS STUFF??!?!?!" when a casual time stamp perusal tells me that the post you linked to was made pretty much a full calendar year before big joined.
    Damnit big, why didn't you do a poster search and make sure that you were abreast of every mod ruling? What's wrong with you?

Damnit morgan, why didn't you make a sticky to make every mod ruling from every topic on the forum easier to get to?
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

...There is a sticky. It's called the "Mod Rulings and Archive Searching Thread".

Admittedly, it wasn't made by Captain Morgan.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    Heh, I like how you're all "OMG DON'T YOU KNOW THIS STUFF??!?!?!" when a casual time stamp perusal tells me that the post you linked to was made pretty much a full calendar year before big joined.
    Damnit big, why didn't you do a poster search and make sure that you were abreast of every mod ruling? What's wrong with you?

Damnit morgan, why didn't you make a sticky to make every mod ruling from every topic on the forum easier to get to?
    So you are telling me all new members don't read every single mod ruling thread, some of which of a dozen plus pages long?! That is horrible. These are horrible people that don't do that.

I personally start every morning by reading the Captain America vs Tommy from Power Rangers thread.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-26-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Superman VS Galactus should be mandatory reading before posting in Rumbles.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.