Thread: The DC poll

Default The DC poll

Awhile ago someone had posted a link to a poll on how fans felt about new 52. The one hat had taken the lead was we love it but we want you to return to the old universe. I know Dc not going to change it to the old universe anytime soon but could this mean they will at least have an series of the old universe being an alt universe?

They should do a big alternative universe story that is a possible ending for the old 52. Old costumes, old continuity but just a possible ending story incase they ever want to completely go back to the old 52

My opinion is that they should have treated the pre-Flashpoint continuity the way they did the Golden Age continuity during the Silver and Bronze Ages. Have it be on its own Earth that the current DCU's characters occasionally crossed over with and maybe had an ongoing series set there where we could see them continue to develop. Treat them like an older generation of heroes like what Earth-2 was for Earth-1. The characters could get older, have kids, die, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Awhile ago someone had posted a link to a poll on how fans felt about new 52. The one hat had taken the lead was we love it but we want you to return to the old universe. I know Dc not going to change it to the old universe anytime soon but could this mean they will at least have an series of the old universe being an alt universe?
    That poll should be taken with a grain of salt. DC made no such implication. The original poll that DC put out was this: "How would you like to know more about The New 52 Characters?

This was something they posted during when the 0 issues were coming out. And they included options such as -More individual books, -More origin stories/0 issues etc. The fans later used the "Add more answers" option in Facebook poll and posted all kinds of answers. Including burning Dan Didio Effigy, Starting a Rogue ongoing etc. Bringing back old DCU was one of those answers and has no credibility.

As for the idea of a DC ultimate universe. No thanks.

BANNED

Yeah I'm tired of the Ultimate Universe suggestions. People should realize that Ultimate Marvel only thrived when 616 Marvel was in a phase of epic fail, and once they started improving, Ultimate Marvel went down the toilet and is now basically some elseworlds world (where Spider-Man is dead and replaced, the founding X-Men are killed and replaced, etc.)

Fanboys have a hard time letting go.

The old DCU is gone forever. Insufferable complaining isn't going to change that.

I wouldn't mind an elseworlds or two though.

Well at least Earth 1 is something to look forward to. Also Grant Morrison is working on being Mutiverses back.

Quote Originally Posted by SpadesSlick View Post
    Fanboys have a hard time letting go.

The old DCU is gone forever. Insufferable complaining isn't going to change that.

I wouldn't mind an elseworlds or two though.
    Nothing in comics is ever "gone forever". The old DCU will return when sales slump.

Quote Originally Posted by Comeuppance View Post
    Nothing in comics is ever "gone forever". The old DCU will return when sales slump.
    I wouldn't count in it. Maybe certain characteristics of it, but I doubt DC will ever literally say that they're setting the clocks back to 2011 and erasing the new52 continuity.