Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

I don't want the next Batman movies to follow the Sherlock Holmes movies ; Batman should be blazing his own path, not giving cinema audiences something they've already seen for the sake of a supposedly more faithful interpretation.

We've had Burton give dark, gothic fantasy, Schumacher give family-friendly, schlocky adventure and Nolan give deep, epic realism.

A direction I'd like to see is high-octane, high-tech flashy superheroics a la Morrison's Batman and Robin with a background of Gotham history and family feuding a la Gates of Gotham. Something that really builds Gotham as it's own entity rather than a faux New York\Chicago.

I'd make the Court of Owls and the Penguin as their leader the antagonists in the first movie. They'd help answer three important questions about Batman's place in Gotham.

1) Why is Gotham a corrupt, crime-ridden city? Because the Court likes keeping it that way for its' own benefit.

2) Why would Bruce Wayne choose to fight crime in Gotham? Because it's his home city and one the Waynes have striven to build over the generations while the latest scion of the Cobblepots wants to screw into the ground.

3) Why would Bruce Wayne dress up as a bat? Because the Court and its soldiers have adopted the owl as its symbol and he needed to create a bigger, bolder and more terrifying avatar for his war against them.

2nd movie would be loosely based on Knightfall and Year Two with Batman going up against an ends-justifies-the -means brutal vigilante, the Reaper and his daughter the Huntress who could probably segue into a love interest and end the movie by becoming Batwoman.

Third movie would involve the Riddler and Shiva and introduce Robin.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

BANNED

God I hope you have no influence on the movie industry.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    3) Why would Bruce Wayne dress up as a bat? Because the Court and its soldiers have adopted the owl as its symbol and he needed to create a bigger, bolder and more terrifying avatar for his war against them.
    You mean bigger, bolder, and the NATURAL PREY OF OWLS? How terrifying is he supposed to be if he dresses up as their food?
    "Comics fans are a cowardly and superstitious lot... I know -- I shall become a Pizza!"

Idea: REJECTED

Other than that, your description of the second movie makes me think you are cleverly trolling us, in which case, I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    You mean bigger, bolder, and the NATURAL PREY OF OWLS? How terrifying is he supposed to be if he dresses up as their food?
    "Comics fans are a cowardly and superstitious lot... I know -- I shall become a Pizza!"

Idea: REJECTED

Other than that, your description of the second movie makes me think you are cleverly trolling us, in which case, I'm an idiot.
    I laughed for a solid twenty seconds.

I think Batman, in the next movie, should be a veteran - not a new guy, not someone who's never faced a serious threat before, and not an old dude coming back. A soldier running at high capacity.

edit: still laughing intermittently.

Aunt Harriet
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I'd rather have Schumacher back for the next film than for it to feature the Court of Owls. I'm dead serious. Hell, bring back Schwarzenegger's Freeze for that matter. Ugh.

Going back to pretending I never read any part of that story now.

Feh. My ideas are awesome and are bound to be realised.

Personality-wise, I want Bruce Wayne to be the same guy he was in the Lex Luthor mini by Azzarello and Bermejo.

Justin Lin would be my choice as director, someone who can craft strong visuals on the screen.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    I'd rather have Schumacher back for the next film than for it to feature the Court of Owls. I'm dead serious. Hell, bring back Schwarzenegger's Freeze for that matter. Ugh.

Going back to pretending I never read any part of that story now.
    Yeah the Owls are just as campy as Schumacher's villains, just not intentionally.

Option 1:

No Reboot.
    Although Bruce has put Gotham behind him (in good hands), he still feels the need to help others, and he joins the Justice League, serving as a tactician more than a fighter (not having to use his body). He is in a 'good place', as not to regress on his character arc from the Nolan trilogy.

No more solo Batman movies, and they never have to go Gotham. Or if they do, Bruce refuses to go, and Blake meets the League there.

If they do have more Batman movies (after a few JL movies), have Alfred's death/murder be the reason why Bruce returns to Gotham. When he gets there, he discovers he has a son. Have the tone/setting/gadgets be the same as the Nolan movies obviously.

Option 2:

JL introduces the new Batman, new Superman, new GL, etc, it starts off the new shared universe.

For the costume I want everyone to have the new 52 loo (A mix between BB and TDK's suit, with a dark grey body instead of all black)
    Cast Jim Caviziel as a quieter intense Batman.

Batman Begins/Court of Owls sort of tone/colour palette would work imo.

Have Nightwing around and Damian Wayne as Robin in his late teens. His relationship with them should be the focus of the movies.

Perhaps the 'faceless' Joker would work, as its so different visually. Perhaps throw him in the last movie to try and kill off the bat family.

King of Frost Giants King Laufey's Avatar

Default In the next live action Batman films what would you like to see?

For me I'd like to see the Mad Hatter and Scarecrow to appear I know Scarecrow has already been in the last franchise but I'd like to see the character take on a bigger role other than just an underling. An idea I have is that Scarecrow and Mad Hatter could be running a muck separately and they both ultimately leave Batman questioning his own sanity. I thought that such a plot might suit them because you have Mad Hatter who controls peoples minds so he can create his Wonderland and have "Alice" at least that was how he started out obsessing over a girl and forcing her into his fantasy.

As for Scarecrow he is all kinds of crazy if Batman gets exposed to his gas then gets away(though it takes like the whole movie to overcome the fear toxin) then he could spend the entire plot trying to figure out what's real and what's not all the while his mental state gets worse and in the final confrontation with Mad Hatter he has to navigate through "Wonder Land" which to a normal person would seem like a bunch of tea sets and cheap scenery but to somebody induced with the fear toxin might seem like a nightmare. Even though Batman would overcome it and defeat both Scarecrow and Mad Hatter.

I keep thinking the self doubt and questioning of what is sanity might make a good theme for the next franchise and Hugo Strange would make a great villain for such a plot line with his obsession with Batman I can so see him finding out who Batman is and having him committed for what ever reason he can think of just to pick his brain and I'd love to see Bruce Wayne trying to survive Arkham I can also see Black Mask as a potential ally in such a scheme since his character use to be board member so the idea of him wanting Wayne committed to control the company isn't very far fetched. Besides one of my favorite Strange quotes is "The criminally insane create their own reality Mr. Wayne" and "The line between genius and insanity do often blur."(at least I think he said that in The Batman)

Though I'd really like the Joker to appear to especially as a parallel to Batman like he gets The Killing Joke back story and through each film he and Batman journey down the Rabbit Hole of madness becoming the legends that they are meant to be with the films leading up to their final confrontation.

I'd also like to see Riddler, Scar Face, Clay Face and Solomon Grundy maybe even Hush and Red Hood in some films.

Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

In the first movie, I would like to see Batman in his first year or two of action. No origin story necessary; maybe just a short flashback or two. I would love to see a Black Mask as the kingpin of organized crime in Gotham. Also adding a serial killer into the fold could show off Batman's detective skills more so than was done in the other movies (Mr. Zsaz?). I like the somewhat realistic take on Batman, at least in movies and think that would work well here.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroComplex View Post
    In the first movie, I would like to see Batman in his first year or two of action. No origin story necessary; maybe just a short flashback or two. I would love to see a Black Mask as the kingpin of organized crime in Gotham. Also adding a serial killer into the fold could show off Batman's detective skills more so than was done in the other movies (Mr. Zsaz?). I like the somewhat realistic take on Batman, at least in movies and think that would work well here.
    True it would be nice to see his detective skills on the big screen though admitedly I'd like to see a story line that also has Batman questioning his own Sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by King Laufey View Post
    True it would be nice to see his detective skills on the big screen though admitedly I'd like to see a story line that also has Batman questioning his own Sanity.
    Agreed, just don't know how well that would go over in the first movie of the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroComplex View Post
    Agreed, just don't know how well that would go over in the first movie of the reboot.
    Yeah that's more like a second movie themed story line if anything I want Hugo Strange Mad Hatter and Scarecrow to be the driving main villains of such a theme. Perhaps Scarecrow(who deserved a bigger role then he got in the latest reboot) could be the main villain of the first movie with Mad Hatter as his colleague/ secret accomplice where the theme is over coming fear then at the end we see that Bruce is infected with the toxin as he has hallucinations then afterwords we see that Hugo Strange arrives in Arkham to replace Dr. Crane cue the credits.

I figure maybe Mad Hatter while having a smaller role in the first film could end up going crazy after Strange experiments on him. Then we could get Harley Quinn and the Joker for the third/fourth movie. I think Arkham at least needs more attention since let's face a lot of recurring and notable villains have a connection to that place.