View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
22. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I agree it would have to be handled delicately

3 13.64%
  • I don't think it work at all.

4 18.18%
  • It's worked in the cartoon why wouldn't it work in live action?

2 9.09%
  • It would depend on the writers, story line, and actors really.

13 59.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    King of Frost Giants King Laufey's Avatar

Default Who do you think could play Harley Quinn in a live a live action movie?

Whether it was a movie or a TV series do you think a large audience would respond well to the Joker and Harley relationship dynamic? I think if it was done very carefully it could be pulled off for one thing it would have to be believable and that would depend mostly on the Joker. For one he'd either have to be portrayed as a certain way from the start even before Harley shows up. I think he could either be very heartless and manipulative from the start (which is common for abusers) or he could be shown as very sympathetic and complexed (not an excuse but would explain a lot) and the Harley character would be just as important like should she show some symptoms of insanity before her breakdown or should it be like journey for her?

I personally think Jessica Alba could play the character pretty well her or Scarlet Johansson.

There's some law that says I have to pop into these threads and just say how much I loved Mia Sara's Harley in BoP. She was scary, funny, murderously intense and glibly psychotic. So, here's me saying it again and pushing for her (I know it ain't gonna happen but humor me) return to the role.

King of Frost Giants King Laufey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    There's some law that says I have to pop into these threads and just say how much I loved Mia Sara's Harley in BoP. She was scary, funny, murderously intense and glibly psychotic. So, here's me saying it again and pushing for her (I know it ain't gonna happen but humor me) return to the role.

Yeah I have to admit she was fantastic as Harley.

Well if were talking perfect fits I'd say Britney Murphy but since she died I'll have to go with Zoey Daschanel.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Pauley Perrette from NCIS, she is already quite Harleyesque in that at times.

krysten ritter , her characters are always a bit off kilter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Well if were talking perfect fits I'd say Britney Murphy but since she died I'll have to go with Zoey Daschanel.
    Yup Nite-Wing nailed it. Britney Murphy is the only famous actress i can think of that could do the part justice. Zooey Daschanel is a good runner up.

Someone else said Jessica Alba. That is just awful!

I would say Drew Barrymore, except that she is already 37 years old. If she's still in good enough shape, it could make up for her role of "Sugar" in "Batman Forever."

That girl from sucker punch
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Kristen Bell is the correct answer.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I would've liked to have seen Ann Hathaway play Harley but that'll never happen now since she was Nolan's Catwoman. A casting a was really against but was totally won over by the end of the movie. Strangely enough Hathaway thought she was going to be playing Harley when she went to meet with Nolan.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post

I would say Britney Murphy, she would have rocked as Harley. But I like Mia Sara in Birds of Prey, one of the best things that came from the BoP series (which I still loved) was Mia's Harley, it was great!
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I wonder if Lily Rabe could do a Brooklyn accent?