Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

4 weeks here in the Detroit area.

By the way, does anyone know if 699.1 is part of the subscription or do I need to purchase it? I'd hate to wait 4 weeks before realizing that I'm not getting it, only to have it sold out at my LCS.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

I think Point One issues are part of the subscription now. I got Ultimate Spidey #16.1, and #699.1 is listed as one of the upcoming issues on the subscriptions website.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Quote Originally Posted by direB View Post

By the way, does anyone know if 699.1 is part of the subscription or do I need to purchase it? I'd hate to wait 4 weeks before realizing that I'm not getting it, only to have it sold out at my LCS.
    I don't think they are. I have had my sub through the other two .1 issues and didn't receive them. 654.1 or 679.1. I would purchase it. Best to check with Midtown though. Send them an email. They are really quick to respond. marvelsubs@midtowncomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by direB View Post

If anyone can confirm or deny that .1s are now included in the subscriptions, please post here!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Rhino View Post
    If anyone can confirm or deny that .1s are now included in the subscriptions, please post here!
    See two posts up Also, if you log into your account, you can see when new issues are sent out.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

.1's are included

Midtown has been sputtering on delivery times with me. Double shipping hasn't helped them at all

I'm don't with it... I'm allowing all my subs to expire I think.

The straw that broke the camels back for me is the out of order delivery. No excuse for getting newer issues before older issues

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    See two posts up Also, if you log into your account, you can see when new issues are sent out.
    Wicked. Under the Sunbelt company they were not included and I was unaware of the change. Was bummed because my local store ran out of the Venom 27.1 issue (within three hours of opening!). Will get it in subscription so kewldudes.

Wicked. Under the Sunbelt company they were not included and I was unaware of the change. Was bummed because my local store ran out of the Venom 27.1 issue (within three hours of opening!). Will get it in subscription so kewldudes.
    On a side note, when Midtown took first over, a subscriber's account included info on which issues were shipped and which were being prepared for shipping. It was very handy, especially for questions like this. I don't know why they changed it

On a side note, when Midtown took first over, a subscriber's account included info on which issues were shipped and which were being prepared for shipping. It was very handy, especially for questions like this. I don't know why they changed it
    Yeah I noticed that too. Now it just says # of issues in process or # of issues shipped. Too bad.

I was going to subscribe again but when I found out Midtown was doing it now, I said screw it. In general, it takes them a long ass time to ship from their website and I keep getting weird issues where they charge my account, then the charge goes away and just pops up again randomly. It's really irritating and I have no idea why they do it.

I used to get issues totally destroyed in the mail with the old subscription service. I hope they improved that anyways.

Because people were seeing how late their issues were being shipped and how much longer they were taking in shipping.

I didn't know about the .1 issues until today when I got Amazing 699 and 699.1 at the same time....caught me completely off guard, as I was wondering if I got 2 of the same issue by mistake since I knew 700 was huge. I'm actually miffed about it, because I view the .1 issues as meaningless to the main series, and this issue is no different. If I stay subscribed, I will have to be more proactive to request that they DON'T ship those books and just credit my subscription to the main book only. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if this was rare, but these point 1's are more frequent than I care for, plus you never know when Marvel will come up with some other crazy numbering....I just don't want anything beyond the main title!

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Color me unimpressed so far. After a near 1.5 year boycott I broke down a subscribed to some Marvel comics.

Of course they screwed it up. Among the comics I subscribed to were All New X-men and Uncanny X-men. Instead I got doubly subscribed to Uncanny X-men. Okay the guy I called to straighten out their screw up was cool and fixed the problem but I shouldn't have had to call.

Anyway that was over a month ago and still my account shows everything I subscribed to that is currently in print still in processing. Of course my subscriptions to Uncanny X-men and Guardians of the Galaxy will be in held in process til they are actually released but Avengers and New X-men are out and shipping yet there is no sign that my account is actually active and I'll get these comics in the next year or two.

For the record I received up to ASM #700 all by Monday, I was not expecting that, bravo Midtown. [Still waiting on Avenging 15.1 though :)]

Quote Originally Posted by Doctuh View Post
    For the record I received up to ASM #700 all by Monday, I was not expecting that, bravo Midtown. [Still waiting on Avenging 15.1 though :)]
    I received Avenging 15.1 this past Friday and ASM 700 yesterday. Quality shipping on Midtown's part.

I'd like to say that I have never had a problem with Midtown (or really Sunbelt for that matter). There has never been an error in processing an order or anything like that. A few times a comic has been received in unacceptable condition but I write them a nice email stating the fact and they are quick to send out a replacement issue. Yeah sure, the wait sucks but at 35-40% off I can deal with it. The subscription service is a great value. Highly recommended!