Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone else having trouble with print subscriptions?

I still read ASM via print subscription, and my most recent issue has been 595. I have issues left on my subscription, so that shouldn't be the issue. Is anyone else having this problem? Stephen Wacker, if you're reading this, is there a problem on that end?

SHSO Squad Level: 1861 MissPlanetaryGirl's Avatar

595 or 695?

If 595 than I would say something is definitely wrong there.. But if 695, you may be in the same boat as me... I typically get my book about a month and a half to 2 months later than release. Definitely contact them via the subscrition page. They can sometimes be helpful... Then again you might just get the "sometimes post takes longer, but hey it's cheaper and we ship it to you directly" crap... It sucks.. I know.. (Marvel has never been good at getting my books to me quickly though... Not sure why...
    In fearful day, in raging night. With strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light, Look to the stars– For hope burns bright!

Nope, that is normal. It double ships and since Midtown took over, the shipping has been 4 weeks out at least. You will always be way behind.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. And yes, 695, not 595. Thanks for the feedback.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Nope, you're not the only one. People on this thread have also discussed the delays, though it seems to be (very) slowly improving.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

If you don't have a LCS near you, I recommend getting a device that has the Marvel comics app so you can just buy them via the internet. I love comics I can have in my hands too, but the delays are just insane for print subscriptions.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

I got #697 today, things are looking up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1982 View Post
    I still read ASM via print subscription, and my most recent issue has been 595. I have issues left on my subscription, so that shouldn't be the issue. Is anyone else having this problem? Stephen Wacker, if you're reading this, is there a problem on that end?
    I've been having delays lately too. Just got ASM 697 today. But it lately its been about a month after release that I get the issue. Before It had been about 10-14 days.

Yeah man... I was more than two months behind at one point but am now caught up to (only!) four weeks now. It's a real bummer, especially lately with so much chatter ahead of #700. I could avoid spoilers if I really wanted but only by avoiding the Internet. Not going to happen.

Oddly enough I am still waiting on #696. Ah, subs!

I had originally PM'ed someone here to ask if subscriptions were the way to go. I was told it was fairly good. So when Spider-Island was announced, i decided to start my subscription there. Part 4, 5 and 6 never showed up on time. Part 5 came before part 4. 4 and 6 showed up way after they were released in stores and they came one week after another. I gave up.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBonce View Post
    Yeah man... I was more than two months behind at one point but am now caught up to (only!) four weeks now. It's a real bummer, especially lately with so much chatter ahead of #700. I could avoid spoilers if I really wanted but only by avoiding the Internet. Not going to happen.
    Out of curiosity, what was delivery time like for you before the summer?
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

I've had an ASM sub since issue #592. With the previous supplier, they were arriving like clock work on the 2nd tuesday after retail release. Once Midtown took over, without any warning, indication, etc. from Marvel, I had to wait a full month before an issue would arrive. I actually received 695 before 694 last month. It is frustrating. I bought 698 digitally even after I read the spoilers because I didn't want to wait that long for such a monumental moment.

I think it would be wise for them to offer expedited shipping for a nominal fee.

Does anybody here have any experience with DC subs? I was considering doing Batman and was curious if the lead time is the same.

Same thing here guys- I subscribe to ASM about 14 other Marvel titles, they usually show up about 3-4 weeks after they are released. I also got my #697 last week. Still waiting on #698. It's kind of annoying b/c I have a hard time avoiding the spoilers, but I could never afford to follow this many Marvel titles if I did not get them on subscription, so it's a bit of a trade off.

I won't be re-upping my subs with the Midtown fulfillment. They are using the same Postal Service as the previous fulfillment house but so much later. I cold forgive the time, but this out-of-order nonsense is driving me nuts. Back to the loving arms of my LCS, less titles but at least consistent.