Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Just wondering..if you cut off Alucards head and then toss it into space or something..what happens? I'm assuming he just regrows it right?

Yeah. His form literally means nothing to him, as he himself stated, because he's nothing but an amorphous mass of shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah. His form literally means nothing to him, as he himself stated, because he's nothing but an amorphous mass of shadows.
    Well, that's kind of a blatant lie because he's clearly actually made of blood.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

I see, not that it matters much, but could he regen from a few drops of blood like some of the vamps from Discworld? Or is the amount of blood moot as long as he has souls?
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-24-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I see, not that it matters much, but could he regen from a single drop of blood like some of the vamps from Discworld? Or is the amount of blood moot as long as he has souls?
    "Drop of blood" is kind of subjective.

Because his body houses enough blood to basically flood London.

If it's a literal drop of blood then no, he hasn't shown that. If it's a relative drop of blood, then I see no reason why he couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Well, that's kind of a blatant lie because he's clearly actually made of blood.
    A) Siriel, if I'm ever wrong about something, can you please use the term 'misinformed'? I kind of pride myself in being as truthful as possible and just tend to misremember details.

B) He tends to dissolve into shadows once he's been blown or slashed to hell enough(that includes his blood), so you can make the argument that he made of shadows and blood.

A) Siriel, if I'm ever wrong about something, can you please use the term 'misinformed'? I kind of pride myself in being as truthful as possible and just tend to misremember details.
    Ah, my apologies, I wasn't clear enough.

I meant that Alucard was blatantly lying (or being overly dramatic). He did say something like what you mentioned.

B) He tends to dissolve into shadows once he's been blown or slashed to hell enough(that includes his blood), so you can make the argument that he made of shadows and blood.
    Same end result though; he hasn't really shown he can regenerate without blood.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Throwing his head into space kinda matters when you need to know which part of his body he's going to grow back from once it's separated.

If it's largest available, he's good to go. If it's the head that grows a new body, he's got to work out how to get back from space.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Throwing his head into space kinda matters when you need to know which part of his body he's going to grow back from once it's separated.

If it's largest available, he's good to go. If it's the head that grows a new body, he's got to work out how to get back from space.
    It never really comes up, but his consciousness seems to basically be spread throughout his body, so the largest mass is the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Ah, my apologies, I wasn't clear enough.

I meant that Alucard was blatantly lying (or being overly dramatic). He did say something like what you mentioned.
    Oh! I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Same end result though; he hasn't really shown he can regenerate without blood.
    True enough. Btw, and this is off-topic, but did we ever come to a conclusion of what would happen if a nuke was dropped on Alucard? Would that attempt merely count as losing one of his lives or would the effort of regenerating cost him a good portion of his souls (if not all) to survive?

True enough. Btw, and this is off-topic, but did we ever come to a conclusion of what would happen if a nuke was dropped on Alucard? Would that attempt merely count as losing one of his lives or would the effort of regenerating cost him a good portion of his souls (if not all) to survive?
    The "lives" thing is kind of vague. But it's been pretty consistent that bigger wounds take longer for him to heal. (Rip's Magic Bullet tearing through his body just makes him stumble, Anderson beheading him stuns him for a few seconds, the SWAT team shredding him does likewise)

So a nuke should, at least, mess him up considerably more than any damage he took in the series, in my opinion. (Possible exception of Anderson's holy flames, which seemed to just be killing him.)

If it just flat-out disintegrate him, I don't think he'd survive.

Unless he got Schrodinger's ability, but that was left kind of vague in the ending since it's not clear if Schrodinger was one of the souls that he got rid of. (Beside, one would think that if Schrodinger could recognize himself after Alucard killed the other souls, he could decide to get out of Alucard.)

This is just my opinion based on my latest rereading, mind you. I'd need to check more carefully if a ruling was required.