Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Didn't Marvel said that there are no plans for Miguel in the near future?
    No, actually the contrary, Slott said they have plans in the future for Spider-Man 2099 at NYCC
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    No, actually the contrary, Slott said they have plans in the future for Spider-Man 2099 at NYCC
    Oh, i must have missed it! Then this certainly changes a lot! Thanks for the tip!

I'm still hoping its Peter. I already lost Peter in one universe (to a mediocre one at that) and I sincerely hope I don't lose him here too. I haven't been able to jump into 616 for fear of continuity hitting me in the face. I'm actually excited for Marvel NOW! as it grants me a chance to start jumping on the band wagon (mostly through TPBs). I know I'm picking up a few already but I'm still one the fence about Superior. I don't want a new sub par Spider-Man. I want Peter (even in a new body with a new attitude if need be). I just want Peter in some way, shape or form. But...I never really end up getting what I want anyway.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Miguel was with the Exiles, so there is certainly a mechanism to bring him to 616 easily enough, especially when you factor in all of the 'web' stuff that Slott has been doing with the different Madame Web incarnations.

That said, one wouldn't really expect Miguel to not like kids or generally be 'unfriendly' which seems to be the vibe of SSM. Still, it could also be explained readily enough (hey, wtf, I was retired and sexing my alternate earth MJ!).

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    I'm still hoping its Peter. I already lost Peter in one universe (to a mediocre one at that) and I sincerely hope I don't lose him here too. I haven't been able to jump into 616 for fear of continuity hitting me in the face. I'm actually excited for Marvel NOW! as it grants me a chance to start jumping on the band wagon (mostly through TPBs). I know I'm picking up a few already but I'm still one the fence about Superior. I don't want a new sub par Spider-Man. I want Peter (even in a new body with a new attitude if need be). I just want Peter in some way, shape or form. But...I never really end up getting what I want anyway.
    I do not think that they intend to replace Peter permantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I just checked something. I have read that Miguel O'Hara's spider-powers include talons on fingers and toes that enable wall-crawling, also acting as weapons. As you already know, this "Superior Spider-Man" has claws or talons in his fingers and toes.
    Because Dan Slott has never, ever used any sort of misdirection in his writing. And he would never, ever extend that practice to his twitter account.

Those claws/talons can be goblin tech as easy as anything else, no time travel required.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioActiveLunch View Post
    What's going on, that's not the title I gave this thread. Did this thread get merged with another?
    I changed the thread title into something more specific, as there was no reference to what kind of potential spoiler this was.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Well...that certainly is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Marvel could be doing a variant cover with every 'suspect.'
    That would be a way for some Indy artists to get attention. They could do variant sketch covers with Ben Reilly (either a classic Scarlet Spider or the Ben Reilly Spider-Man), a Doctor Octopus-possessed Spider-Man, Eddie Brock and all the other suspects.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I changed the thread title into something more specific, as there was no reference to what kind of potential spoiler this was.
    ok .