Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Flash, #14

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default The Flash, #14

• "GORILLA WARFARE" rages on!
    • Gorilla Grodd's more powerful than ever, and the Flash is completely outmatched!
    • Who will give their life defending Central City against the ape invasion?

Full article here.

Wow @ dat art. I was a little underwhelmed with the last issue but this looks to be picking up big time!
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Jumped on this series with the #0 issue and issue #13. Preview looks pretty good, Grodd is a powerhouse.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Some good humor from Flash here. "Kind of overkill, if you ask me."

Not being a huge Flash expert, did that bolt of lightning that struck Grodd presumably come from the Speed Force?
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    Not being a huge Flash expert, did that bolt of lightning that struck Grodd presumably come from the Speed Force?
    I think that's the idea, but I'm not completely sure either. That's the only explanation I can think of why Grodd would then become faster.

The tribe Grodd is from believed in a prophecy that they were meant to be the recipients of the Speed Force, so they think the Flash "stole" the Speed Force from them.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Good stuff.

I was curious about Grodd becoming so domineering of the plot after all that one-off "Introducing the Rogues" stuff, but I realize now that Manapul and Booch are using it to give us another tier of knowledge about the Speed Force (and in doing so, to craft some wonderful new art approaches towards depicting Speed Powers - perfect marriage of intentions there, I think.)
    "Everything hs changed. Dark entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, Zibarro crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Veteran Member

Dear heavens, the art, THE ART!

This series is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    Wait, that was supposed to be Grodd? I thought that was supposed to be the first super-intelligent ape of Gorilla City and how they evolved to become smart by being hit by the Speed Force, instead of the meteorite origin.

Also, I am really liking how the Speed Force is being shown in this series. Reminds me of Spiral Power from Gurren Lagann.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Wait, that was supposed to be Grodd? I thought that was supposed to be the first super-intelligent ape of Gorilla City and how they evolved to become smart by being hit by the Speed Force, instead of the meteorite origin.

Also, I am really liking how the Speed Force is being shown in this series. Reminds me of Spiral Power from Gurren Lagann.
    No, you got it right. That was the first Super intelligent gorilla of Gorilla City and the New 52 origin. I like how they tied it in to the Flash's origin and the concept of the Speed Force.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

You know, I didn't want to start this, but I have to. I found that the opening line of the preview to be offensive, as if those who don't believe in the theory of evolution as fact are "irrational thinkers", with its implication. "Rationality" is a subjective term. Had the opening line had the word "empirical" rather than "rational", I would have been comforted with it, since being empirical means being objective when studying a natural phenomenon. This is especially true when given the nature of the DC Universe, fictionalize as it is.

Again, I apologize for this "rant", but not everybody who is sophisticated in science and technology should be deemed "irrational" if they have a different opinion on life's great mysteries.

DSW

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    You know, I didn't want to start this, but I have to. I found that the opening line of the preview to be offensive, as if those who don't believe in the theory of evolution as fact are "irrational thinkers", with its implication. "Rationality" is a subjective term. Had the opening line had the word "empirical" rather than "rational", I would have been comforted with it, since being empirical means being objective when studying a natural phenomenon. This is especially true when given the nature of the DC Universe, fictionalize as it is.

Again, I apologize for this "rant", but not everybody who is sophisticated in science and technology should be deemed "irrational" if they have a different opinion on life's great mysteries.

DSW
    Anybody who is sophisticated in science would know that evolution has nothing to do with monkeys.
    G+-Add me for comic reviews and other news!

PSN: maniacthw
    Currently playing: Battlefield 3, Infamous, Duke Nukem: Forever.

I started to lose intrest in this compared to the rest of my pulls, but this Grodd Storyline has gotten this to be one of my most anticipated regualrs.

I like the rogues but the narrative was begining to lack direction for a bit there. This concept was just what the doctor ordered as far as I'm concerend. I like this version of Grodd, its very menacing.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Silly people, the art is this good every issue.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Thank you, Based Manapul.