Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Ultimate Comics X-Men, #18.1

The war is over, so what does that mean for our heroes? We find out in Brian Wood and Filipe Andrade's "Ultimate Comics X-Men" #18.1

Full article here.

Agreed Brian made a point 1 issue work.

What the hell was Kitty talking about when she was saying that Paige was Bobby's first crush? Iceman was in relationships with both Rogue and Kitty in Ultimate X-men! Did Brian Wood not get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Relevant PuertoRican Superhero View Post
    What the hell was Kitty talking about when she was saying that Paige was Bobby's first crush? Iceman was in relationships with both Rogue and Kitty in Ultimate X-men! Did Brian Wood not get the memo?
    I got the memo. What I was going for was a crush as opposed to a relationship, meaning, an unrequited longing, a one-way type thing. if that got lost in translation, that sucks for me (and I guess for you guys).

b

Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    I got the memo. What I was going for was a crush as opposed to a relationship, meaning, an unrequited longing, a one-way type thing. if that got lost in translation, that sucks for me (and I guess for you guys).

b
    dude, if THAT's the biggest complaint, call yourself lucky
    overall, it was a pretty good issue and a fitting jumping on point.

P.S
    Mach 2 still makes no sense as a codename.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Thanks for the compliment.

b

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Hey, if I were a mutant, I wouldn't be restricted by my powers in terms of Code-Name Picking. I don't care if I teleported and sneezed bubbles, my code-names still gonna be "The Zapper."
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Thanks for the compliment.

b
    yer welcome :)

On Vacation

Yah I was really overthinking the whole Mach Two codename. I was like Mach Two? Machtwo? Ma-ch-t-o? Mag -ne -two? Magneto! Then I just slapped myself in the face because that didn't make any sense.

i thought this issue was really good despite Zero not appearing in it.

There is still the codename Purge!

b
    Ooohh okay . I mean I guess I personally count crushes even if they do lead to some sort of reciprocation, but I definitely understand your intention now. Sorry if I came off as snarky. That was honestly me nitpicking one detail from a very enjoyable issue otherwise. I've definitely been a fan of your run on the book so far and am excited to see where the series goes from here on out!

I'm still amazed that Brian so willingly answers stuff like that here.

As I keep saying: this is the best book in the ultimate line by far, and one of the best Marvel books I pick up.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Hey, if I were a mutant, I wouldn't be restricted by my powers in terms of Code-Name Picking. I don't care if I teleported and sneezed bubbles, my code-names still gonna be "The Zapper."
    Good point. After all, not all the X-Men have names that reflect their powers. I mean we've got Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Cable the list goes on.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMayhem666 View Post
    There is still the codename Purge!
    Typo. Purge was in an early draft that made it to the letterer, but is not Nomi's codename. It's Mach Two.

b