Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    *choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

I now feel very, very unclean.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    Okay...

In re-reading a lot of my "favorites" for final ranking, I've discovered that my tastes have changed dramatically since I last read them fifteen or twenty years ago. Many I thought certain to be in my top 12 are being ditched. This result is completely unexpected.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened to me, but since I haven't done any reading or re-reading I'll have to go with what may well be inaccurate memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    I start each thread.
    Or not. Family plans dictate I be away from my computer on the 24th so dan bailey will be starting that day's thread.

Cei-U!
    I summon some honey barbecue sauce for this crow!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

Which gives me 13 days, as this is typed, to plot ...

... something.

Hmmmm.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

It starts tomorrow !!! I feel like the kid who has to write the paper the night before it is due...
    Life is what you make it.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Another failure...Mad About Millie, cuz it clocked 17 issues. I have 8 and was kinda hoping.....
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    It starts tomorrow !!! I feel like the kid who has to write the paper the night before it is due...
    You and me both.
    --
    Rob Allen

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post

I'm going to write my synopsis for each day on the fly; just seems more natural that way. The real expression and love for each of runs comes out a little more than standard drivel of explanation of facts. And yes... I have some interesting ones. I hope someone will express interest one or some of my choices to pick up.
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    I'm going to write my synopsis for each day on the fly; just seems more natural that way.
    I've always done it that way, personally.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    I've always done it that way, personally.
    Me too, believe it or not.

Cei-U!
    I summon the candor!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

Veteran Member

Me too, believe it or not.

Cei-U!
    I summon the candor!
    Me too. I wouldn't have the patience to prepare anything in advance. Though I might have to this year, since I'll be away from internet access from the 20th to the 29th.

When you add it all up, it's hundreds of stories we're reading. My memory isn't that good to post about each series on the fly. And I don't have enough time to read a whole series on the day of and then post what I thought about it. Doing a lot of this in advance is the only way I'll be able to keep up.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    When you add it all up, it's hundreds of stories we're reading. My memory isn't that good to post about each series on the fly.
    Mine isn't either, but I'm not letting that stop me!

If I ever do get around to re-reading all my old favourites I'll probably end up repudiating everything I continually rant about here.

Or not. Family plans dictate I be away from my computer on the 24th so dan bailey will be starting that day's thread.

Cei-U!
    I summon some honey barbecue sauce for this crow!
    Okay, but he damn well better summon something!
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

It is dangerous to start re-reading old favourites, because you can find yourself thinking "huh, I guess it wasn't really as great as I thought"--but then other times, you pick something up and you go, "oh my god, this really was one of the best things I ever read and it still holds up after all these years!"