Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    *choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    I would say just have fun. When I did my first list a few years ago I almost didn't participate because I wasn't sure I could come up with good picks. So instead I just picked... whatever... including a couple choices that I hadn't really read per se. It's all in good fun.
    Riiiiiiiight. Pay no attention to the machinations of the Classic Comics Council members lurking behind the curtain, carefully noting & annotating every single choice every December, judging the picks & finding those who made them frightfully wanting, all too often.

Either Scott is hopelessly naive or he's trying to lure you into a trap, but make no mistake ... This does go down on your permanent record.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Riiiiiiiight. Pay no attention to the machinations of the Classic Comics Council members lurking behind the curtain, carefully noting & annotating every single choice every December, judging the picks & finding those who made them frightfully wanting, all too often.

Either Scott is hopelessly naive or he's trying to lure you into a trap, but make no mistake ... This does go down on your permanent record.
    Just include lots of comics with simians, it will appease the secret council...

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Hmmm. MRP has cracked the code, I see.

Now we'll have to kill him.

Oh, well.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Hmmm. MRP has cracked the code, I see.

Now we'll have to kill him.

Oh, well.
    Only because Dr. Chimp sent me the secret decoder ring for my simian contributions.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Now, I am really scared!!! Permanent record your say? Why do I suddenly feel like Burgess Meredith in the Obsolete Man; sensing those who will judge him but only getting a glimpse of shadowy figures milling about. My picks may reek of obsolescence but I will stand firm and accept whatever judgment is foisted upon me... no matter the consequences!
    30 cent variant set finally finished!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Only because Dr. Chimp sent me the secret decoder ring for my simian contributions.
    Yet another tragic example of how lax he's become about maintaining security. As it happens, a couple of days ago, while perusing my newly purchased copy of TwoMorrows' Modern Masters: Frazer Irving (acquired because he's one of my favorite among today's artists), I ran across this passage in the interview covering Irving's days growing up --

MM: Beyond comics, were you into sports at all?

FRAZER: I liked climbing & jumping, but hated team sports. I'm either a loner or a monkey.

MM: Well, I recently saw that some gorillas & apes have been trained to draw, so ...

FRAZER: Ook! Ook! [laughter]

How in the name of god dr chimp let those incriminating words see print, I have no idea. I can only assume that he's been keeping a bit too much company with Baboon Barkeep.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 12-06-2012 at 06:30 AM.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by METAROG View Post
    Now, I am really scared!!! Permanent record your say? Why do I suddenly feel like Burgess Meredith in the Obsolete Man; sensing those who will judge him but only getting a glimpse of shadowy figures milling about. My picks may reek of obsolescence but I will stand firm and accept whatever judgment is foisted upon me... no matter the consequences!
    You'll be OK ... probably. After all, we still let Scott Harris come around here, albeit while making sure to keep a close eye on him.

-- Reptisaurus!

I'm proud to say I have simians on my list!
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

I think I will abandon all attempts to put these in order--either by date or by preference--and simply go by what progression makes best sense musically. It's really all apples and oranges and cherries and blueberries and salted fish, in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    I'm proud to say I have simians on my list!
    You suck-up, you.

-- Reptisaurus!

You suck-up, you.
    No, there's just good simian based comics. I was close to having 3 of them on the list, but vampire comics took their place.

... sadly no vampire simian comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    ... sadly no vampire simian comics.
    Dr Chimp, please address this oversight.

Once you've recovered from your latest hangover.

-- Reptisaurus!

Dr Chimp, please address this oversight.

Once you've recovered from your latest hangover.
    Recover with this:

Quote Originally Posted by inferno View Post
    Could change.
    It has changed.

cont -- This is hard! I keep thinking of more titles. I feel like each entry could have an honorable mention of 2 or 3 other titles that came close but were beat out. Hmm.
    Last edited by inferno; 12-06-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Pulling for: HATE!; League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Doktor Sleepless; S.H.I.E.L.D.; Sergio Aragones Funnies; The Manhattan Projects; MIND MGMT; Nightcrawler

Yeah, it's real hard. It changes everytime I think about, and probably from year to year too.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am