Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    I expect a thread after the 12 Days on what almost made people's lists.
    Now, that I would be interested.

The tightening and tightening of the list, the fine tuning of it... dropped 2, added 2. And why is it leaning toward some to the semi-obscure? Oh well, it'll be fun once we started

1960s- 2
    1970s- 5
    1980s- 2
    1990s- 2

Marvel- 4
    DC- 5
    Misc- 3
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    And why is it leaning toward some to the semi-obscure?
    The obscure picks are my favorite ones to read. It's always great when someone gracefully describes a well-loved series, but more often than not, I read the lists to find new reasons to love comics.

(Having said that, I don't think many [if any] of my picks are all that obscure.)
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    The obscure picks are my favorite ones to read. It's always great when someone gracefully describes a well-loved series, but more often than not, I read the lists to find new reasons to love comics.

(Having said that, I don't think many [if any] of my picks are all that obscure.)
    That's what makes these lists so much fun. Sometimes you forget some gems and start up looking for them. Also it shows how much diversity we have on the boards too. I'm only afraid that there will be some repeats on people's lists. Oh well, that's what makes these runs truly great.

Several of mine are leaning to the obscure (including one mini-series that I will be amazed if it makes it on to anyone else's list. But who knows?)

Yeah, it's the obscure stuff that's really fun. There are a few on my list that I think at least some of you probably aren't familiar with yet.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

I have it down to 12 choices that are mostly just books that were fun to read. Left off Watchmen and DKR just to make it more interesting and obscure.
    Life is what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I have it down to 12 choices that are mostly just books that were fun to read. Left off Watchmen and DKR just to make it more interesting and obscure.
    I'm glad you left off Watchmen and DKR. Two overrated, and over-saturated, series that's been reviewed to death. More obscure please!

Many of my picks are rather obscure, too, but I'll be happy if anyone else also picks them--since I'll only be able to post a handful of scans given the limits on this board. Nevertheless, I'm depending on someone picking the more mainstream stuff, as that deserves recognition also.

I'm going with the more obscure, too, but the obvious two would be on my "real" list. I've only had time to go through about 40% of my collection so far--busy, busy, busy!
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

I have one on my list that's got me pretty excited because I truly don't know if it's going to be perceived as totally obscure or as this popularly ignored but critically acclaimed gem that only I didn't know about until now. We shall see...

I probably should have thought about this before, but I guess we will be counting down from 12 to 1--rather than the way the song goes, going up from 1 to 12, with each new verse. I'd prefer to start at the first day of Christmas and work up to the twelfth day of Christmas, because it works better for the order of my choices--i.e. beginning "on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree" and ending "on the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me twelve drummers drumming," and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    I probably should have thought about this before, but I guess we will be counting down from 12 to 1--rather than the way the song goes, going up from 1 to 12, with each new verse. I'd prefer to start at the first day of Christmas and work up to the twelfth day of Christmas, because it works better for the order of my choices--i.e. beginning "on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree" and ending "on the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me twelve drummers drumming," and so on.
    ♪ Six Hulks rampaging ♪
    ♪ FIVE PUNISHERS ♪
    ♪ Four robots transforming ♪
    ♪ Three Machine Men ♪
    ♪ Two Brother Geeks ♪
    ♪ And Steve Rude drawing Mr. Miracle ♪

I mean, I assume you can go in any order you want, especially since there aren't any numbers associated with each day.

I think people usually save their favorite for last, just like at awards shows, because who wants to start with the best and then spend 12 days talking about lesser series?

Some people do them alphabetically, chronologically, or randomly, though.
    Last edited by Aaron King; 12-05-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

I was thinking of working the numbers into each selection. So if the list begins on the Twelfth Day or the First Day that affects what one I would list first. And it would be good to know this ahead of time, since I'm trying to read all of these ahead of time. Reason says it should begin on the First Day--the way the song starts--but my recollection from last year was that it began on the Twelfth Day contrary to how the song goes.

Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U!
    Each participating poster will draw up a list of their favorite short run titles, ranked 12 (lowest) through 1 (highest).
    And I know we do things backward from the song but it's not like I ever gave a rat's ass. After all, this started out as the Ten Days of Classic Comics Christmas.

Cei-U!
    I summon the good old days... of 2005!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    this started out as the Ten Days of Classic Comics Christmas.
    Most of us just figured you couldn't count any higher.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!