Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    *choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Rules, schmools.

Anarchy now!

Fans will never be free until the last Cei-U! is strangled with the entrails of the last ... ummm ... somebody. Let me get back to everyone on that.

Death to the fascist insect that preys upon the lives of the people!

Hell, no, we won't go!

If making lists changed anything they'd make it illegal!

No matter who you vote for, Kurt Mitchell wins!
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 11-30-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    Rules are now locked in. See the OP for the now-official version.

Cei-U!
    Go!
    I have to check the indicae, but I think another one I'm considering may have debuted with issue #A and continued in consecutive lettered order through #D.

I believe it was Woody Allen Ginsberg who wrote

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, after reading Brother Power the Geek number 3."
    I guess I made a lucky escape, having never read nor seen said comic. So sad that others went down that slippery road from which there is no turning. Theirs was a lost generation.

That's certainly my excuse. I'm sticking to it.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

For Dan's edification I have two Atlas/Seaboard books on my extended list. Neither will likely make the final cut though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    I was thinking about my breakdown, so it's neat to see other people post theirs.

My list is half limited series, half canceled.

Decade breakdown:
    '00s: 2
    '90s: 6
    '70s: 3
    '60s: 1

DC/Vertigo: 9
    Marvel/Epic: 2
    Other: 1

I was definitely surprised by how weighted things were to the '90s, but so it goes. There are a number of books that people have mentioned (especially Bat Lash) that I overlooked when I was making the list, but instead of revising, I'm just going with it. I figure that since someone else mentioned it, I should leave it off my list and focus on my gut choices. Stuff that got booted off the list:
    A. Bizarro by Steve Gerber
    Legion Worlds
    Flex Mentallo
    Michael Moorcock's Multiverse
    Midnight, Mass., the last issue of which was published too late (and which I think Dan Bailey would love)
    Flex is still there...but likely will fall off. Great book though.

Stuff that got booted off the list:

Legion Worlds
    I haven't dared delve into the various Legion minis & limited series, for fear that my list might never recover. Ditto for numerous JSA-related series.

-- Reptisaurus!

This is going to be the first year I give it a full go. I've got two on my list so far and a lot of maybes.

3. No titles that continued under a different name for more than 12 total issues (no Kull nor Rampaging Hulk)
    So far this isn't an issue for me, as the one title I have on my list (at the moment) that did change names, didn't make it past #12 under the new name.

I've whittled my list down to 14 titles, man was that hard?
    Publisher break down:
    DC:4
    Vertigo:1
    Marvel:2
    Epic:5
    Topps:1
    Wildstorm: 1

And by year:
    1970's:1
    1980's:6
    1990's:7

And I still have to trim off two, jeez.

Still working out my list.

I am not excluding reprint titles since Kurt explicitly mentioned the rules are designed to allow them as an end around to the other requirements, so for me that is the spirit of the rules not just the letter. However out of the 22 possibilities on my list, only 3 are reprint titles.

My breakdown is as follows:

Reprints: 3
    Limited Series: 10 (includes "maxi-series")
    Title Changes: 2 (though one didn't reach issue 12 even with the title change)

Marvel: 3
    DC: 14
    Archie: 1
    Green Man Press: 1
    Image/Homage/Gorilla: 3

1970's: 10
    1980's: 7
    1990's:4
    2000's:1

I need to dig out and read/reread some of these beginning this weekend.
    I am also among those that is not including Watchmen, even though I quite like it, but it's more something I like having had read, not something I want to reread, whereas the ones I am including are among those I like to revisit from time to time or think I will. I did have one Atlas title on the initial list, but it was among the handful in the first cut to pare down the list. I also had one of my favorite series be eliminated because it never got the planned third issue (alas poor Scorpio Rose we knew you better as Madame Xanadu) but unlike a certain other Bailey endorsed legendary series with a third issue crisis, this story actually got continued in another book by he same writer later on. Now if I could only track down those issues...(maybe that should be one of my 2013 goals....hmmm).

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

I got my list but positions 12 to 4 are largely interchangeable
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel Bond View Post
    I got my list but positions 12 to 4 are largely interchangeable
    Mine are all pretty interchangeable. I think I'm going to post them in reverse chronological order.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

I assume it's Invisibles volume 3.
    I guess it can't be ranked any higher than #3, since that's when our sentence is up...

My list is still in flux, but right now I've got

1960s - 2
    1970s - 6
    1980s - 3
    1990s - 1

DC - 7
    Marvel - 1
    Atlas -1
    Indy - 3

No miniseries, and only one reprint (an anthology that draws from multiple sources). I'm also trying not to repeat creators too much, although there's a couple of Kirby books in there.
    -JKC-
    Glorianna - Barbarian adventure! New page every Friday!