Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N View Post
    So is the ruling that it's the name/numbering combination that's the key?

There can be a 13th issue if the series changes its name?

For example, Amazing Adventures and Amazing Adult Fantasy. Same numbering. Different title. 6 issues, then another 8. Does each count or are both ineligible?
    As far as I understand it (and I could be wrong), one of the rules is the series has to start with #1 (with #0 being the exception), so Amazing Adult Fantasy, which started with #7 would not be eligible, but Amazing Adventures, which ran from #1-6 would be eligible. I'm sure Cei-U will correct me if I am wrong.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

I was going to add Slingers to my list but in doing a little more research I discovered it had a 0 issue that was given out by Wizard. I'm going to guess that counts and puts me over the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    As far as I understand it (and I could be wrong), one of the rules is the series has to start with #1 (with #0 being the exception), so Amazing Adult Fantasy, which started with #7 would not be eligible, but Amazing Adventures, which ran from #1-6 would be eligible. I'm sure Cei-U will correct me if I am wrong.
    You aren't wrong.

Cei-U!
    Loves it when other people do his work for him!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

Just got back home from Thanksgiving and am already compiling my list and checking it twice.

Going to be difficult to slim down, darn it !
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Great theme this year, Kurt. This is gonna be a really fun list to complile.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    You aren't wrong.

Cei-U!
    Loves it when other people do his work for him!
    In other news based on the same principle:

In: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love, Giant-Size Spider-Man

Out: Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion, Giant-Size Fantastic Four

I think I speak for most of us when I say thanks for giving us adequate time to prepare. I've been kicking it around for the last day, and it's extremely hard to narrow down.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

went up to my attic and pulled out about 30 sets of runs that qualify. Now comes the fun part, reading them to see what's in .
    Life is what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    went up to my attic and pulled out about 30 sets of runs that qualify. Now comes the fun part, reading them to see what's in .
    I have an initial working list with twelve books on it. Only one is a reprint series. I'm going to try to avoid those, but it's fairly likely one or two will make it on.

There's one that I didn't know was a reprint series at the time, but it's very special to me and I'm trying to fill in the issues I don't have (probably impossible, but there is a way to work around that). There's also one or two series where I might be depending on scans, because the actual issues are too far out of my price range to get. I guess I can't include my beloved Famous First Editions, even though that was one limited series that was very very dear to my heart. I'm still waiting on a ruling about the DC Silver Age Classics, though.

Consecutively numbered. No Garth Ennis War Stories. Sigh.

By the way it's kind of funny that Marvel fans will be able to get away with including the Giant-Size titles, but DC fans won't be able to get away with including the Annuals--because either the titles didn't go beyond 1 or 2 in their numbering or, as with Superman and Batman, DC resumed the Annuals about twenty years later (but as new material not as reprints) picking up the numbering from the old runs. Sometimes it seems DC fans can't catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    By the way it's kind of funny that Marvel fans will be able to get away with including the Giant-Size titles, but DC fans won't be able to get away with including the Annuals--because either the titles didn't go beyond 1 or 2 in their numbering or, as with Superman and Batman, DC resumed the Annuals about twenty years later (but as new material not as reprints) picking up the numbering from the old runs. Sometimes it seems DC fans can't catch a break.
    9 of my titles are DC books. I'm not trying to brag or argue or anything. I just happen to like a bunch of stuff that got caught in the DC Implosion and later gluts of titles.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    9 of my titles are DC books. I'm not trying to brag or argue or anything. I just happen to like a bunch of stuff that got caught in the DC Implosion and later gluts of titles.
    I currently have 14 on my possibles list. 12 of them are DC. Lots of short runs. Lots of great miniseries'.

It's funny, because I'm actually trying to find other titles besides DC to include. It would be pretty easy for me to just stick with DC, but I want to give some attention to other publishers besides the big two.