Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's unforgivable to use a franchise you own ? Really ? That's how crazy this discussion about Before Watchmen has become ?
    Simply franchising things that don't even warrant a franchise is pretty creatively bankrupt. What has BEFORE WATCHMEN said with Alan Moore's characters, that Moore didn't say himself? If anything those books have watered the story down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    How that's? That event is destined to top the charts.

I don't think the NOW books are in any kind of danger from the AOU event.
    The Age of Ultron is a storyline that was pushed back in scheduling, and it's going to have several titles tying into as well as spinning off mini-series and one shots.
    I'd figured that Marvel would allow NOW to breathe on its own before they started shoving events at consumers again.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    I don't really think any of us are privy to Neil Gaiman's thoughts, are we?
    No, but Neil Gaiman is not as averse to DC using characters he created, and the company gets his approval when another writer handles those characters. And now we're getting a new Sandman story out of Gaiman.
    Evidently, Neil learned from Alan's mistakes.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Simply franchising things that don't even warrant a franchise is pretty creatively bankrupt. What has BEFORE WATCHMEN said with Alan Moore's characters, that Moore didn't say himself? If anything those books have watered the story down.
    Well, I've been loving the hell out of a few of the minis, (Minutemen, Ozymandias, and Silk Spectre) even if I don't think Watchmen is the best thing since sliced bread.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    The Age of Ultron is a storyline that was pushed back in scheduling, and it's going to have several titles tying into as well as spinning off mini-series and one shots.
    I'd figured that Marvel would allow NOW to breathe on its own before they started shoving events at consumers again.
    NOW is just simply a relaunch of books, nothing too special. I'm not sure why they'd need to breathe on their own considering that they'll most likely become best-sellers nonetheless. Marvel's consumers love events and so there'd no reason for Marvel not to feed the demand.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kolejorg View Post
    I've always been faithful to DC But with Marevel Now coming out recently I scopped up the #1s in the variant covers. Then, I tried reading deadpool.
    You're not married to DC. You are allowed to read other stuff.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    I agree with the OP. DC has the better artists and it's better to vote with your wallet. Enjoy your DC's.
    "Better", in relation to artists, is a very subjective term.
    No, but Neil Gaiman is not as averse to DC using characters he created, and the company gets his approval when another writer handles those characters. And now we're getting a new Sandman story out of Gaiman.
    No. Neil was simply treated better. It was more a case of DC learning from their own mistakes, specifically the ones they'd made wirh Alan.

I am also a DC fan that is trying some Marvel Now books. So far the 2 I enjoyed the most I was not supposed to like based on reviews, All New X-Men (loved it) and Iron Man (liked it). I also read Indestructable Hulk (ok), Uncanny Avengers (kinda ok), Thor God of Thunder(ok). Also read the Marvel Now point one which I hated it. I think that for sure I will regulary pull All New and Uncanny, maybe because I kind of always wanted to follow the Xmen but I hated their 90's melodramas. Im also liking heel Cyclops.

All new X-men started quite nicely indeed.

He's fiercely protective of his creations. Look at Angela over in Spawn.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    He's fiercely protective of his creations. Look at Angela over in Spawn.
    That, I would say, was a case of Todd McFarlane not learning from DC's or anyone else's mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

Yeah, I don't get this "I only read one company" stuff. DC has a lot of good books. Marvel has good titles, too. As does Dark Horse, Boom, IDW, Oni, Dynamite and countless other companies.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I read from both of the big companies without any problems. I started reading comics ( a couple of years ago) with that mindset and I'll continue it. Both companies are producing good content so why would I purposely limit myself? With that type of logic, I'd be missing out on potentially good upcoming comics like JLA or Cable and X-Force. Hell Hickman's Avengers is already looking pretty damn crazy going by the previews. I'm not changing my buying habits anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    So true. Why some people feel like they must keep buying the comics from only one company is beyond me.

You owe them nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Yeah, I don't get this "I only read one company" stuff. DC has a lot of good books. Marvel has good titles, too. As does Dark Horse, Boom, IDW, Oni, Dynamite and countless other companies.
    This.

You are simply missing out if you stick with one company.