Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    Norman is smarter, stronger, and has the high ground. No contest.
    Let's see it again

-Smarter:Hmm,Osborn is a scientist,but most of his inventions are about stealing other peoples ideas and modify them.See Stromm's super-formula,Iron Patriot's armor etc.Otto is the best nuclear scientist in MU.Even Reed Richard asked his help(if Mr Fantastic ask your help,that say a lot about your scientific skills in a certain field).After his return in ASM 600 and the whole "verge of death" gimmick,Ock is represented close to be a "super-scientist".Let's not forget his nickname "Master Planner". That alias ooze smartness.

-Stronger:Without their tech and weapons,Norman wins this because he has super strength and Otto is a regular human.But Octavius with his arms is stronger and more fast than Norman.Goblin formula gave Osborn the power to go toe-to-toe with Spiderman on physical strength,but Ock's arms are both strong and fast enough to put Spiderman's skills to test. Even with his Goblin weapons,Norman isn't a sure victor.Octopus tentacles are fast enough to deflect Goblin bombs,laser beams,bullets etc.The only chance to make it a draw is for Norman to keep himself as far as he can from Ock's grip.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

I'm gonna go with Leisure Suit Ock from the 90s. That was the strongest incarnation of the character. He beat the crap out of the Hulk. The only way the Hulk could get payback was when Ock changed back to the Green and yellow suit and had a sympathetic ear in PAD.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Norman would own him. I like Doc ock and all, but Norman is just a master inventor and he could easily make something for close combat if the situation calls for it (for those who say he only does range attacks)

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    It would depend on who was writing it...if JMS...Norman would find out who Docs love interest is and impregnate her or possibly he would have make Doc have powers from an octopus god...depends on JMS' mood.
    If Quesada-it wouldnt matter who won because Mephisto would come in and wipe it away.
    Demattias....someone would win but then go ahead and blow his brains out.
    Stern...he would make it interesting but not be allowed to finish it.
    Lee would fill it with pathos and humor but it would probably be slightly misogynistic.
    Mcfarlane would make it look good but would make absolutely no sense in any way...(much like AvX).
    Byrne would recreate their origins and then totally forget about the fight.
    I have no idea what Slott would do after the curve ball he threw me this latest issue.

Yours is the best argument so far! I think...
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Norman would own him. I like Doc ock and all, but Norman is just a master inventor and he could easily make something for close combat if the situation calls for it (for those who say he only does range attacks)
    If he can invent a nullifier type of weapon that can deactivate Ock's arms,Norman can win this.But Norman was never the scientific powerhouse.Otto is the best in his field(radiation) and his recent appearences put him on "super-scientist" league with Reed and Tony.Dr Octopus,when done right,is a beast.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

i'll go with the bolt of lightning.
    What....that's who beat them both in Millar's Marvel Knights run.

I would have said Doc Ock until we learned his noggin can't take the hits. For all his vaunted scientific knowledge, his body just died on the operating table! Norman actually died, came back and just woke up from his most recent coma. Plus Norman took out Thor and Asgard. Come on! Ock's good, but not that good.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I would have said Doc Ock until we learned his noggin can't take the hits. For all his vaunted scientific knowledge, his body just died on the operating table! Norman actually died, came back and just woke up from his most recent coma. Plus Norman took out Thor and Asgard. Come on! Ock's good, but not that good.
    Thor had his hands full in Siege part 1. It wasn't Norman but all the Dark Avengers that managed to bring Thor down!

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarius View Post
    If he can invent a nullifier type of weapon that can deactivate Ock's arms,Norman can win this.But Norman was never the scientific powerhouse.Otto is the best in his field(radiation) and his recent appearences put him on "super-scientist" league with Reed and Tony.Dr Octopus,when done right,is a beast.
    I'm not saying that Doc Ock is weak or anything, but the question asked which character would come out on top. It didn't say Green Goblin so we aren't getting Mr. Krazy, we're getting " a contingency plan for everything" Norman Osborn.

Eventually, Ock is going to miss a goblin beam. And even if he doesn't, Norman has hallucinogenic gas. And remember, his arms are crazy fast, but he's just a normal human being attached to those arms. Green Goblin has the Goblin formula enhancing his senses BEYOND his bag of tricks.

The flight advantage cannot be understated. Norman is completely safe while able to rain down all manner of offensive weaponry upon his opponent. Ock can throw heavy things at Norman, but to do so he must give up at least one of his arms (if not more), which leaves him more open to a bomb, razor bat, poison gas, hallucinogen, or finger beam. It's certainly not impossible for Ock to win, but it'd be extremely difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    Then why hasn't he ever tried? Probably because it's not as simple as we imagine.

The Goblin would use distance weapons but his arsenal is nothing that the arms couldn't handle. The arms could easily rip up a steel wall or even pick up an automobile to either act as a shield or an offensive weapon so his little glider could also be dealt with! Osborn has no "Spider Sense" which is incredibly valuable to Spidey, so Norman couldn't avoid the arms as easily as Peter does. His one shot would be with "in-fighting" where he could use his greater super strength to knock out the very human Octavious--that is, IF HE CAN get past Ock's arms at all and that ain't easy.

Just ask the Punisher--who was defeated when Ock was having a cup of coffee while talking on the phone!
    Oh yes, because the Punisher has super-strength and can fly.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

As for a gas attack that Xenom suggested,Ock used in the past his arms so fast that he cleaned an area from a gas attack.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    I'm not saying that Doc Ock is weak or anything, but the question asked which character would come out on top. It didn't say Green Goblin so we aren't getting Mr. Krazy, we're getting " a contingency plan for everything" Norman Osborn.
    I don't know,if we put the mad persona of Norman in control,we could have a bloody stalemate between those two.The thing is,we never saw a complete sane Osborn in action.His nerves always broke in a extreme situation.In many ways,Norman Osborn is Norman Osborn's worst enemy. Even a match with the current Slott's Ock(who is more or less,a super-scientist) vs Dark Reign Osborn(with access to better technology) would be a stalemate at best and the victor would be judged in details.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    You are absolutely right! The thing is that i do not know how to make a poll. Can you give me a tip?
    Sorry it took so long but if you hadn't started the thread with a poll option,
    a Mod can fix it for you.

Any Mods around willing to help out?
    The lack of originality will always bother me