Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A What If Clash...Doc Ock Vs Norman Osborn! Who Would Win?

Let's put Doctor Octopus against Norman Osborn in a hypothetical battle. Who do you think that could win?
    We saw similar takes of this fight in Ultimate Spidey with Norman as the supreme victor but Norman's powers are different in the Ultimate Universe, plus Ock fought Kaine, a man with similar features and sanity and lost...with dire consequances for him!
    Plus we saw a brief clash between these titans in the last issue of Mark Millar's run in MK Spider Man but it resulted in a stalemate.
    Place your theories....

If we're talking straight-up fisticuffs, I'd give it to Norms. I think they're about evenly-matched, but Osborn is so insane and vicious that it's easier for him to get past Ock's defenses and deliver the killing blow.

If we're talking a long-term battle of wits and cunning, I give it to Ock. He's proven that he plays well with others, a lot more than Norman has. He's also more willing to trust his subordinates to carry on important tasks, whereas Norms is too much of a control freak to properly delegate. Just look at the barely-controlled chaos his forces were during Dark Reign, as opposed to...well, ANY large-scale organization Ock has run. There's a reason he's the Master Planner, after all.

Strange, my opinion is the exact opposite. In terms of sheer power, Doc Ock would win because in his battles with Spidey, Ock ususally loses because of either his own carelessness or Pete would come up with an electronic device that nullified his arms in some way. Plus, aren't Ock's arms made out of adamantium now? If so, the days of the arms being ripped or torn off should be over. The Victor: Doctor Octopus

Osborn is an even more psychotic villain than Ock and the angrier he gets the more irrational he becomes. HOWEVER, if he keeps his cool, like Peter, he could whip up a gizmo that would render the arms virtually useless. With that scenario-- The Victor: The Goblin
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Norman in a landslide. He would just kill him outright and not play around like Spiderman.
    Cyclops was right.

I'm totally against turning Norman to Lex Luthor. But in a long bloody battle Norma would win.
    Dock Ock is an evil mastermind and a scientist but he's an egomaniac, that's his biggest weakness.
    Norman is crazy and unpredictable that's both his strength and weakness but he is also smart.
    I do hope he stays away from the books for a while and let the Dock have his spotlight he kind of
    deserves it now.

I do think this thred needs a poll though.
    The lack of originality will always bother me

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    Strange, my opinion is the exact opposite. In terms of sheer power, Doc Ock would win because in his battles with Spidey, Ock ususally loses because of either his own carelessness or Pete would come up with an electronic device that nullified his arms in some way. Plus, aren't Ock's arms made out of adamantium now? If so, the days of the arms being ripped or torn off should be over. The Victor: Doctor Octopus
    Well, Ock tangled with the Jason Macendale Hobgoblin a couple times while they were both on the Sinister Six, and physically, their power-sets were fairly balanced when set against each other; neither seemed to have an immediate advantage. (Though in an actual battle between those two? Ock, no contest.) And keep in mind, practically all of the Goblin's weapons are deployed from a distance. I think that Norms' strategy would be to busy the tentacles with a barrage of bombs and bats, and get close enough for an electro-blast to the good doctor's face.

Osborn is an even more psychotic villain than Ock and the angrier he gets the more irrational he becomes. HOWEVER, if he keeps his cool, like Peter, he could whip up a gizmo that would render the arms virtually useless. With that scenario-- The Victor: The Goblin
    The problem I have with that scenario is, Ock is a lot smarter than Norman; I don't foresee him able to come up with any technological advantage Ock can't overcome. And, again, Ock isn't too proud to call in a half-dozen of his best friends if the situation calls for it.

Norman can fly.

Ock cannot.

Norman wins.

The fact that Ock can beat the Hobgoblin who's most famous characteristic is that he's incompetent doesn't really add much to his resume.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TheboyinShadows View Post
    I'm totally against turning Norman to Lex Luthor. But in a long bloody battle Norma would win.
    Dock Ock is an evil mastermind and a scientist but he's an egomaniac, that's his biggest weakness.
    Norman is crazy and unpredictable that's both his strength and weakness but he is also smart.
    I do hope he stays away from the books for a while and let the Dock have his spotlight he kind of
    deserves it now.

I do think this thred needs a poll though.
    You are absolutely right! The thing is that i do not know how to make a poll. Can you give me a tip?

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midnightshrink View Post
    Norman in a landslide. He would just kill him outright and not play around like Spiderman.
    In 100% agreement here.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    In 100% agreement here.
    Then why hasn't he ever tried? Probably because it's not as simple as we imagine.

The Goblin would use distance weapons but his arsenal is nothing that the arms couldn't handle. The arms could easily rip up a steel wall or even pick up an automobile to either act as a shield or an offensive weapon so his little glider could also be dealt with! Osborn has no "Spider Sense" which is incredibly valuable to Spidey, so Norman couldn't avoid the arms as easily as Peter does. His one shot would be with "in-fighting" where he could use his greater super strength to knock out the very human Octavious--that is, IF HE CAN get past Ock's arms at all and that ain't easy.

Just ask the Punisher--who was defeated when Ock was having a cup of coffee while talking on the phone!
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

It would depend on who was writing it...if JMS...Norman would find out who Docs love interest is and impregnate her or possibly he would have make Doc have powers from an octopus god...depends on JMS' mood.
    If Quesada-it wouldnt matter who won because Mephisto would come in and wipe it away.
    Demattias....someone would win but then go ahead and blow his brains out.
    Stern...he would make it interesting but not be allowed to finish it.
    Lee would fill it with pathos and humor but it would probably be slightly misogynistic.
    Mcfarlane would make it look good but would make absolutely no sense in any way...(much like AvX).
    Byrne would recreate their origins and then totally forget about the fight.
    I have no idea what Slott would do after the curve ball he threw me this latest issue.

Doc Ock. He can take on the Sinister Six without breaking a sweat.

Definitely give this to Doc Ock. With his arms, Norman could never even get close to him. And he'd easily bat away Norman's pumpkin bombs. I'd actually like to see Norman buzzing around on his glider, when all of a sudden Doc Ock just snatches it right from under Norman's feet and beats him with it.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Dr Octopus.People tend to forget how fast and strong are Ock's arms.He had shown that he can go toe-to-toe with Spiderman and can deflect lightning bolts and pumpkin bombs without effort

oozing machismoooooooooooo
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Norman is smarter, stronger, and has the high ground. No contest.