Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Want to add 1-2 more titles

I know alot of these threads exist, but im asking for recommendations for 1-2 more titles. Currently im reading batman, green lantern: new guardians, and teen titans regularly (im with the majority in thinking the culling was terrible, but before and after that forced event was good imo, loving the new wonder girl origin) i want to add more titles, but expand in a way that i get more of the dc universe, with titles that seem relevant to the universe as a whole. That being said, i dont really want more than one title per line (justice league group, batman group, young justice group, edge group, green lantern group, superman group, dark group) in order to have a bigger picture feeling. I love the 'street level' feeling of batman sometimes, but also dont want that to be the only thing. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated

Aquaman has been one of the top books of the New 52, and a new arc is just starting.

Wonder Woman has been outstanding, too, and the New Gods are going to be involved in the near future. So that's awesome.
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I, Vampire is amazing. It's worth it to get the back issues and get caught up. Supergirl is also good, but that's currently involved in a crossover event with Superman and Superboy. From the Justice League group, I would recommend Aquaman.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    . . . i want to add more titles, but expand in a way that i get more of the dc universe, with titles that seem relevant to the universe as a whole. That being said, i dont really want more than one title per line (justice league group, batman group, young justice group, edge group, green lantern group, superman group, dark group) in order to have a bigger picture feeling. I love the 'street level' feeling of batman sometimes, but also dont want that to be the only thing. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated
    Perhaps Justice League Dark may be a good starting point for exposure to characters from the Dark line, and it seems to still have some connection to the DCnU in general as well.

Of the Superman line of books, I personally prefer Supergirl, but as mentioned, they just started an on-going crossover between that title and both Superboy and Superman, with the effort headed up by Lobdell (who gave us the "memorable" The Culling).

I'd also second Wonder Woman.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Perhaps Justice League Dark may be a good starting point for exposure to characters from the Dark line, and it seems to still have some connection to the DCnU in general as well.

Of the Superman line of books, I personally prefer Supergirl, but as mentioned, they just started an on-going crossover between that title and both Superboy and Superman, with the effort headed up by Lobdell (who gave us the "memorable" The Culling).

I'd also second Wonder Woman.
    I think Lobdell said somewhere that he didn't want to do The Culling and it was going to be a storyline he told in his own time but editorial mandated it. If you like Teen Titans, try out Superboy. Supergirl is also very fun, I just started picking it up.

Heres my ten pence:
    Aquaman
    Swamp tHING
    Animal Man
    Red hood
    Birds of prey
    WW
    Suicide squad
    I, Vampire
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Heres my ten pence:
    Is "ten pence" the British equivalent of "two cents" here in the states (previously known as "the colonies")?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is "ten pence" the British equivalent of "two cents" here in the states (previously known as "the colonies")?
    I think so, its just an expression for when you're gonna say something which may not be important.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Only 2? How about Action and Dial H?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

If I could only recommend 2 books they would be:

1. Wonder Woman (Best book DC is producing)

2. I, Vampire or Justice League Dark (these 2 are book good - I think I prefer I, Vampire, but JLD would likely give you better exposure to the dark lines as a whole).

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Since you are asking for recommendations that add to your monthly picture of the DC universe, I would suggest Aquaman and Justice League Dark. Aguaman is a fantastic book, a real tour de force. So you get him and The Others which have just been added to the story. Justice League Dark gives you many of the characters of the group with introductions to that world. If you are just adding two then I wouldn't recommend the two big ones from the Dark Group, Swamp Thing and Animal Man, because Rotworld is going strong and this has been building for over year. Also, I personally believe those two work better as a pair.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

thank you for all the input so far, and i'm seeing alot of recommendations for two series i have been really intrigued by especially: Justice League Dark and I, Vampire. Which of these has more relevance to the DCnU? from what i've read the more relevant is JLD, but is I, Vampire good enough to compensate? like i said i only wanted one from each line to maximize exposure, so other than one of those two (i've decided one of my new picks WILL be one of them, currently leaning to JLD) i'm not sure what other line. i see recommendations for aquaman, wonder woman, dial h, action, supergirl, and suicide squad (there are others, but i said i want one from each line and am already locked on batman and either JLD or I, Vampire). again thanks for the input, but i am one of those people h=who have a hard time taking aquaman seriously, wonder woman i am considering, and i would consider suicide squad but the only issue i've previewed so far had art that i really didn't like (it was good, just not my style). the ones that i'm thinking about other than those are Green Arrow and Justice League of America (both starting at 17, ive been told GA is horrible but there is excitement for the new creative team). any input on that?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd wager ACTION and WONDER WOMAN.

Personally I prefer to I, Vampire to JLD; however, JLD will likely give you more insight into the Dark line as it's a team book that is made up of a good number of characters from the Dark line (including the main character from I, Vampire on occasion).

After that I'd personally recommend Wonder Woman. In my opinion it's the best title DC is publishing bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    thank you for all the input so far, and i'm seeing alot of recommendations for two series i have been really intrigued by especially: Justice League Dark and I, Vampire. Which of these has more relevance to the DCnU? from what i've read the more relevant is JLD, but is I, Vampire good enough to compensate? like i said i only wanted one from each line to maximize exposure, so other than one of those two (i've decided one of my new picks WILL be one of them, currently leaning to JLD) i'm not sure what other line. i see recommendations for aquaman, wonder woman, dial h, action, supergirl, and suicide squad (there are others, but i said i want one from each line and am already locked on batman and either JLD or I, Vampire). again thanks for the input, but i am one of those people h=who have a hard time taking aquaman seriously, wonder woman i am considering, and i would consider suicide squad but the only issue i've previewed so far had art that i really didn't like (it was good, just not my style). the ones that i'm thinking about other than those are Green Arrow and Justice League of America (both starting at 17, ive been told GA is horrible but there is excitement for the new creative team). any input on that?
    It's just "Justice League"; no "of America" in the title of the current book.
    "Justice League of America" is a new book from DC that will be starting in a few months and will be in addition to the already established "Justice League". http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/08...gue-of-america