Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spider-Men in context of The Amazing Spider-man #698 *Spoiler*

If we took into context the time period that Spider-Men took place it should have been right after Ends of the Earth because of Mysterio. So does this mean spoilers:
    Doc Ock
    end of spoilers was the one talking to Miles? That's some creepy shiz man.

It seems likelier that the swap happened between Amazing Spider-Man #697 and #698.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

I really don't see the Ock-ness in the monologue till this last issue. I've been looking.

Maybe or maybe not ... Wait , what if Miles Morales IS the next Superior Spider-Man ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsplasher View Post
    Maybe or maybe not ... Wait , what if Miles Morales IS the next Superior Spider-Man ??
    It could be possible, but I somehow doubt it. I see the ending to Spider-Men being explained later next year or the following when Spider-Men 2 happens.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Default 698 timeline Speculation (SPOILERS)

Ever since reading ASM #698 this week, I've wondered, when the hell did the switch between Doc Ock and Peter Parker take place?!

Has this been a continuous process? Was it an instant thing? Did it just happen recently off panel or has it been brewing over Slott's entire Big Time run?

People have been saying it's happened at some unknown point between 697 & 698 but that may not necessarily be the case. I've noticed Spidey being somewhat out of character for a while, especially in the Lizard arc with his increased brutality, however he didn't seem completely like Doc Ock even then. Has this been happening ever since Ends Of The Earth ended? Heck, if Doc Ock knew all of Peter's inventions in Ends Of The Earth, this probably means this somehow started even way before that! Could this have happened when Peter used Doc Ock's control helmet in Spider-Island or have begun even as far back as ASM #600?! Has Doc Ock been Spider-Man this entire time for the past year? There are so many possible variables!

So, speculation time! When do you think the switch happened or at least started and how?
    Last edited by SuperSparkplug; 11-22-2012 at 02:30 AM.
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

My theory,the process started way back at the finale of Spider-Island,when Peter used Ock's technology.Thus opened a door for Ock to orchestrate the whole plot.From that point,the exchange of date between Peter's and Otto's brains started.But the switch happened between the ending of 697 and the beginning of 698.Even the monologue of Spock in #698 proves that it was his first day as Spiderman.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Reminds me the talks during Secret Invasion. Not a very good sensation.

Anyway, Peter seemed to me pretty "normal" in his way to deal with Alpha. Doubt it was Ock there.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

It's been suggested by others elsewhere that had Ock's takeover started earlier Julia would have sensed it. But she seems more clairsentient than telepathic, so maybe she wouldn't.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's been suggested by others elsewhere that had Ock's takeover started earlier Julia would have sensed it. But she seems more clairsentient than telepathic, so maybe she wouldn't.
    It's pretty clear the main part of the takeover occurred between #697 and #698 but it's possible the "download" started either during the Hobgoblins story when his Spider-Sense was in overdrive or when he voluntarily shut it down. Let's also not forget that the Spider-Slayer/Scorpion arc (Slott's second story of the Big TIme run) also had Spidey's spider-sense removed for a number of issues ----I forget exactly how long he went without it but that would have been a very convenient time as well for Ock to start the process. But I think it was likelier after EoTE as others pointed out since that is when other clues fall into place. A masterful puzzle by Mr Slott!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    ----I forget exactly how long he went without it but that would have been a very convenient time as well for Ock to start the process.
    Starting from the end of the Spider-Slayer arc until near the end of the Spider-Island arc (Horizon switching off all the spider-jammers) is a pretty fair amount of time for Ock to act.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Default Amazing Spider-Man 698 Spoiler. When did that happen?

How long has Doc Ock been Spidey? I've heard different things. Some people said it was since "Ends of the Earth", some said that it was right before 698, and some even said that it could have happened at ASM 600, though I'm not inclined to believe the latter.

What are your thoughts?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I thought it was literally just happened? (Awful wording, what am i thinking?!)
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

On Vacation

In between 697 and 698. Ock forgot that he had a scar on his cheek from the previous fight but then used Peter's memories to remember it. Plus you see that Ock-o-Bot thing that was probably used to transfer the minds.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 11-26-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Amazing Fantasy #15.

Marvel has been playing the long-game.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus