Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wait.... I thought War Machine was supposed to be a badass

Whose idea was it to turn the War Machine armor into a joke?

I mean he even has tank mode. He can transform into a nice convertible, has strobe effect mode, gave Tyrone Cash a run for his money and even has like citywide force fields. Why now all of a sudden do they get blown up by the dozen like they're made out of plastic?
    #RallyForMarkHunt

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post

I mean he even has tank mode. He can transform into a nice convertible, has strobe effect mode, gave Tyrone Cash a run for his money and even has like citywide force fields. Why now all of a sudden do they get blown up by the dozen like they're made out of plastic?
    Because Humphries got his hands on a pen and some paper...
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

I don't know about you guys but any writer that wants to write in the Ultimate universe should at least read everything. I mean how hard is it too research this stuff. Do they not have a library of issues at the marvel offices to borrow? And this should include Bendis. I mean he is one of the godfathers of Ultimate Comics for the love of god.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 11-21-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I don't know about you guys but any writer that wants to write in the Ultimate universe should at least read everything. I mean how hard is it too research this stuff. Do they not have a library of issues at the marvel offices to borrow? And this should include Bendis. I mean he is one of the godfathers of Ultimate Comics for the love of god.
    Right? The writers should have to be forced to read the universe before writing for it. Its not that hard to figure this out...
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Because it's not War Machine. It's an army of suits based on his, but I can guarantee that it's not up to the same caliber as the original armor, just like the Rocket Men aren't as powerful as Iron Man. It's really not as damaging to continuity as people seem to think. It's nothing different than what the Reserves were doing in Ultimates 2.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Because it's not War Machine. It's an army of suits based on his, but I can guarantee that it's not up to the same caliber as the original armor, just like the Rocket Men aren't as powerful as Iron Man. It's really not as damaging to continuity as people seem to think. It's nothing different than what the Reserves were doing in Ultimates 2.
    Then that begs the question. Why not just use another set of Rocket Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post

1) Rhodey's WM suit isnt exactly d same as d WM brigade except in appearance otherwise Rhodey as a xcter will b INCREDIBLY IRRELEVANT which begs d question...with all hell busting loose allover d US whr r Rhodey, Punisher & Nick Fury?

2) Like Balfro said...

Because Humphries got his hands on a pen and some paper...

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    .....agreed!

The original War Machine would've wiped the floor with those poor excuses for his namesake. Now I want to see him back.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

BANNED

I thought the War Machine Brigade looked a lot different than the original War Machine. I just saw them as advanced Rocket Men. But then the brigade changed to actual War Machines, an obvious and fundamental upgrade to the previous design. But still.. they were shit. So shit that they couldn't aim straight and fell apart like lego after just one hit.

I don't care whether they weren't quite as powerful as War Machine. It still shows Rhodes in a bad light, the way they fell apart like they were made out of plastic. Iron Man shouldn't have been able to blast away a dozen of them in one hit. And he did it TWICE in the same arc.

Ok then Humphries. What other Ultimate niches do you plan on ruining?

I don't think it makes the actual Warmachine look bad at all, any more than the rocket men devalue Ironman; they're mass produced armors which in Marvel comics and fiction in general tend to be weaker than the originals.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Well that's pretty much what happens when you take something cool and make a fleet of it. Welcome to Conservation of Ninjutsu.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

On Vacation

I think they seriously would have been better used if they just self-destructed.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Yea, just keep it at Rhodey as the only War Machine. Which raises the question, just where the Hell is Rhodey half the time anyway? I mean he shows up for the occasional cameo to remind us that he's still alive but is nowhere to be seen during a crisis. Would've been great to see his showing those knockoffs what a real War Machine is made of during this event.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

I understand he usually worked for the military. I think nowadays he's part of the Secutary of Defense. He protects Congress and that.

Edit - Maybe now that Cap's President, we'll be seeing more from him.

2nd Edit - It would have been better if we had JUST War Machine instead of an entire fleet. And more effective.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 11-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.