Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Red Hood #14

  1. #16
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    31,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Alan Moore's story wasn't canon Pre-Crisis?
    No, I was replying to Wonder Woman taking Jasons place as the Black Mercy thrower.

    Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    Yeah I was referring to the show. Did not like WW beating Mongul. Jason throwing Black Mercy at Mongul was wayyyyyy coooooler.
    Agreed, but I don't understand why you'd refer to a cartoon as "this continuity".
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    No, I was replying to Wonder Woman taking Jasons place as the Black Mercy thrower.



    Agreed, but I don't understand why you'd refer to a cartoon as "this continuity".
    Jason gets back in this continuity what was taken from him in the previous continuity, which he had in the continuity before before before that.
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

  3. #18
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    31,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    Jason gets back in this continuity what was taken from him in the previous continuity, which he had in the continuity before before before that.
    Yes, except you said "taken by Wonder Woman from him in this continuity".
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  4. #19
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Yes, except you said "taken by Wonder Woman from him in this continuity".
    He's saying Jason got it BACK in this continuity. He just phrased it really awkwardly.


    Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    And so Jason Todd Robin gets back what was taken by Wonder Woman from him in this continuity.
    What he was trying to say was, "And so, in this continuity, Jason Todd Robin gets back what was taken from him by Wonder Woman."

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Yes, except you said "taken by Wonder Woman from him in this continuity".
    So are you going to take something by context or keep pestering someone even after you have understood what was being said. I am not here to write a thesis that I would be EXTRA careful about everything I write. Understand things by their context. You know the DC history - even once they think they erased.
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

  6. #21
    Senior Member Addams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Now that's a nice superman. Polite, always keeping his cool, no need for anything else when you are that powerful.

  7. #22
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    31,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    So are you going to take something by context or keep pestering someone even after you have understood what was being said. I am not here to write a thesis that I would be EXTRA careful about everything I write. Understand things by their context. You know the DC history - even once they think they erased.
    I didn't mean to pester. Pardon me for asking you to clarify.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  8. #23
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,895

    Default

    Ugh..

    Well It's nice to see the youth still look up to Superman as a leader and the light to show the way. Why has DC decided to make Superman feared by those who once looked up to him even villains. So sad IMO.

  9. #24
    Elder Member Mat001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Alan Moore's story wasn't canon Pre-Crisis?
    It was canon. Then canon changed a year later and it was out. It was put back into continuity in the pages of Green Lantern Corps, when Guy and Kyle briefed the newer GL's about Mongul and the Black Mercy. Jason was shown.

    Quote Originally Posted by super1man
    Yeah I was referring to the show. Did not like WW beating Mongul. Jason throwing Black Mercy at Mongul was wayyyyyy coooooler.
    Jason did not exist in the DCAU and Robin was off limits to JLU, because of "Teen Titans". Hence Tim couldn't appear in that episode in place of Jason. "For The Man Who Has Everything" was rendered out of continuity with "Man Of Steel", "Exile" and "Day Of The Krypton Man". When "Infinite Crisis" changed things, one of the things changed was the return of the Silver Age Fortress. Later, Grant Morrison wrote that many of Jason's Pre-Crisis adventures happened in Post Crisis continuity. Then we had Peter Tomassi recap the origin of Mongul and the Black Mercy, complete with the cover of Superman Annual #11 and Jason being featured prominently.
    Last edited by Mat001; 11-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.

  10. #25
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Ugh..

    Well It's nice to see the youth still look up to Superman as a leader and the light to show the way. Why has DC decided to make Superman feared by those who once looked up to him even villains. So sad IMO.
    On the other hand, Red Hood is like, the crazy ex sidekick of Batman (and kind of an hypocritical). I'm not sure it would have been "in character" to have him look up to Superman. Even as Robin, he was kind of a screw up (or at least was retconned to be one, but Lobdell has nothing to do with it).
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  11. #26
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    On the other hand, Red Hood is like, the crazy ex sidekick of Batman (and kind of an hypocritical). I'm not sure it would have been "in character" to have him look up to Superman. Even as Robin, he was kind of a screw up (or at least was retconned to be one, but Lobdell has nothing to do with it).
    Jason was one of those who looked up to him but never really got to spend time with him like Dick and Tim have or did in the old universe. Still hard for me to think of this as a entirely different Universe in many ways. I really don't know Jason's past in this universe so it may be he was always resentful of figures like Superman but Starfire and Roy not looking up to Superman is sad to me knowing the past history of The Titan's and what Superman meant to them and them to him.

  12. #27
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Jason was one of those who looked up to him but never really got to spend time with him like Dick and Tim have or did in the old universe. Still hard for me to think of this as a entirely different Universe in many ways. I really don't know Jason's past in this universe so it may be he was always resentful of figures like Superman but Starfire and Roy not looking up to Superman is sad to me knowing the past history of The Titan's and what Superman meant to them and them to him.
    I thought Perez's Teen Titans didn't happen in this continuity?
    Thing is, Jason has been retconned as being the "renegade" of the Batfamily since Post Crisis. The one who was hurting the bad guys a bit too much, before dying and becoming a supervillain.
    As for Starfire, I don't remember her ever being particulary a fan of Sups, and here it seems to be more due to a personnal feud between her people and his people than anything between them proper.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  13. #28
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    I thought Perez's Teen Titans didn't happen in this continuity?
    Thing is, Jason has been retconned as being the "renegade" of the Batfamily since Post Crisis. The one who was hurting the bad guys a bit too much, before dying and becoming a supervillain.
    As for Starfire, I don't remember her ever being particulary a fan of Sups, and here it seems to be more due to a personnal feud between her people and his people than anything between them proper.
    Like I said I forget(OK, more like try to ignore) that this is not the same universe.

    Jason didn't start of that way. He was pretty much a Dick clone for the most part. It was later that they gave him the hubcap stealing of the Batmoblie originan and his father being a hitman for Two Face.

    In the older, much better universe from time to time they would interact with never any hostility. Starfire looked up to him through Dick. She knew how much of a inspiration and influence he had on him growing up as Robin.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 11-26-2012 at 02:53 PM.

  14. #29
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Like I said I forget(OK, more like try to ignore) that this is not the same universe.

    In the older much better universe from time to time they would interact with never any hostility. Starfire looked up to him through Dick. She knew how much of a inspiration and influence he had on him growing up as Robin.
    Well, as much as I liked that Superman was Robin's cool uncle, considering how this Starfire seems to have a conflictual relationship with Dick Grayson right now...I'm not sure it would change much even if all this did happen.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  15. #30
    Senior Member dreyga2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Ugh..

    Well It's nice to see the youth still look up to Superman as a leader and the light to show the way. Why has DC decided to make Superman feared by those who once looked up to him even villains. So sad IMO.
    Well, they are criminals and Superman puts people like them in jail... Also Superman is no longer that much older than them...
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 11-26-2012 at 04:59 PM.
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

    -Jeff Brady

    Quoted for truth....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •