Default Rank this guy

Strength: 80 tons at maximum
    Speed- 800 mph
    Reflexes- 0.05 millisecond reaction time
    Durability- impact toughness of 150,000 psi

1. He is placed in the Marvelverse. who is the strongest person he can beat
    2. Placed in DC
    3. Placed in real world

What if his impact toughness were raised to 5,000,000 psi. Would could he conceivably survive and what would he be vulnerable to?

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lestov16 View Post
    What if his impact toughness were raised to 5,000,000 psi. Would could he conceivably survive and what would he be vulnerable to?
    Question - is his 800mph his travel speed (lots of people can move mach 1), or travel + reflex speed (making him a low-end speedster - between Thor and Classic Quicksilver)?

Thor, Superman (and his analogues - thanks DC!), Nova Prime - those guys are way out of your character's paygrade.

He'd have serious issues with anyone with sufficient mobility to keep away from him and/or durability to tank him - Iron Man would beat him like a drum, for example.

He'd likely have a chance against the Hulk based on speed, but I don't think he could put Banner down due to Banner's durability.

He should do well against the Thing or non-Cytorrak'd Colossus.

He's way past Luke Cage and his ilk. His durability is PROBABLY high enough to let him tank Iron Fist's shots, and your guy is (might be) faster, so he should easily take Danny.

He'd do well against many telepaths, non-confirmed-BT telekinetics and energy projector types without high-end or esoteric durability.

Basically, you've made a class 80 brick with maybe a little above class 80 durability, and (maybe) given him low-end superspeed. So he beats class 80/90 bricks, probably beats most energy projectors who don't have speed or crazy durability. He isn't going to beat any class 100's, though fights against slow class 100's are going to take a while (until your guy tires enough to lose).

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Firstly, 80 tons isn't the same as class 80 strength. It's not even class 60 strength. Mayyybe class 50 or so (How strong was classic Rogue again?).

Secondly, at 800mph, this guy can cross the starting distance (100 feet) in 0.085 seconds. As the .05 millisecond reaction time is pretty negligible compared to this, it takes this guy roughly 0.085 seconds to react to the starting bell and cross 100 feet to begin pounding on the opponent. This is assuming that he can accelerate to top speed and come to a full halt from his top speed almost instantly. Yep, we've got a mach 1speedster here.

Therefore, any opponent that can react with the required defensive maneuvers within 0.085 seconds is probably safe from a blitz. Now, 0.085s is insanely quick by real world standards, but by the standards of fiction, particularly comic books, it's not that special. I can buy a some of the quicker comic book telepaths reacting to him, and comic book peak humans can react to him just fine.

So yeah, Iron Man can probably get the hell out of the way unless he can grab his armour, which is always a risky proposition (assuming of course, that he can hurt Tony in the first place).

The Hulk is too durable for him to hurt. Probably the same with the Thing and Colossus.

Luke Cage might be interesting. He's probably tough enough to take thunderclaps from a brick of that level without slowing down too much.

He's fast enought o blitz Iron Fist, though his durability against AoE's might leave a little to be desired. Still, possible durability issues aside, he has the strength and speed to beat him.

He'd stomp all over street-levelers, obviously, and even guys like Spiderman/Venom.

He'd do poorly against anything but second string opponents in DC. Then again, Nu-DC might not have particularly fast or durable opponents.

In the real world, it depends on what his stamina is like. He's otherwise fast enough to handle any conventional weaponry the real world has, barring surprise nukes or something. He's also more than strong enough to get in or out of anywhere, so he can't be trapped. From the information provided, it's entirely possible to gas him though, so he wouldn't want to mess with the real world too much either.
    Last edited by Sol M; 11-22-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    He's otherwise fast enough to handle any conventional weaponry the real world has, barring surprise nukes or something. He's also more than strong enough to get in or out of anywhere, so he can't be trapped. From the information provided, it's entirely possible to gas him though, so he wouldn't want to mess with the real world too much either.
    Main thing I'm concerned about is his durability. I want the OC to be able to tank at least Hellfire missiles. Is 150,000 psi satisfactory, or should I give him 5,000,000 psi durability?

Ah, yes, sorry - I read that as "class 80" instead of "80 tons." My bad.

In that case, even with his VAST speed advantage, guys like Colossus and Thing aren't going to be hurt by his hits. However, his durability is such that they can't hurt him either.

As far as the speed, I somehow also missed the 0.05 MILLISECOND reaction time. Ugh, very poor reading comprehension.

Some telepaths and telekinetics can surely stop him - Rachel Grey, for example, has done the "catch bullets out of the air" thing several times, so she should be able to react in time without any real problem, to say nothing of the fact that he's got not chance of ever penetrating her shield once she raises it. Most still lack the feats for engaging their powers that quickly.

Let's assume he's in the real world. What would have to hit him to bypass his 5,000,000 psi durbaility? What if it were only 150,000 psi?

Also, he has inexhaustible stamina and self-sustenance

Quote Originally Posted by Lestov16 View Post
    Let's assume he's in the real world. What would have to hit him to bypass his 5,000,000 psi durbaility? What if it were only 150,000 psi?

Also, he has inexhaustible stamina and self-sustenance
    150000 psi is pretty tough already.

5000000psi is ridiculous. The overwhelming majority of buildings collapse at 8-10psi of overpressure, and 20psi is the judgement the military uses for "urban environment completely leveled". 5 million PSI is about equivalent to standing a couple of feet from a 1kt nuke at sea level, or within a couple hundred feet of a 20MT nuke blowing up. It's class 100 durability for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    150000 psi is pretty tough already.

5000000psi is ridiculous. The overwhelming majority of buildings collapse at 8-10psi of overpressure, and 20psi is the judgement the military uses for "urban environment completely leveled". 5 million PSI is about equivalent to standing a couple of feet from a 1kt nuke at sea level, or within a couple hundred feet of a 20MT nuke blowing up. It's class 100 durability for sure.
    5 million is way too much in that case. I want to give the OC at least Luke Cage level durability. Would 250,000 psi be a good level?