Default Why are they do damned expensive?!

So I have been searching for some books from my list and as I'm searching, I'm noticing that books that should 3,4,5 dollars are like 11 or 12 dollars and there not dealer icentive, signed, or anything special. Has there been a price hike and I just didn't get the memo
    "dude, suckin' at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something" - jake

Either you're searching in the wrong places or the books are actually going for more than you figured.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Either you're searching in the wrong places or the books are actually going for more than you figured.
    This.

Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Quote Originally Posted by sonOFwar View Post
    So I have been searching for some books from my list and as I'm searching, I'm noticing that books that should 3,4,5 dollars are like 11 or 12 dollars and there not dealer icentive, signed, or anything special. Has there been a price hike and I just didn't get the memo
    You'd really need to be specific about what books you're looking for as on a general basis I'd say that back issues are mostly cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You'd really need to be specific about what books you're looking for as on a general basis I'd say that back issues are mostly cheap.
    And where he's looking. Stuff I can get for under a dollar most places could have a ten dollar price tag at Mile High Comics.

I'm looking fOr cradlegrave, hack/slash, all first issues, I've looked at DNA and bedrock comics also eBay and amazon and all say the same price
    "dude, suckin' at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something" - jake

It's. where you look, bear that in mind .
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by sonOFwar View Post
    I'm looking fOr cradlegrave, hack/slash, all first issues, I've looked at DNA and bedrock comics also eBay and amazon and all say the same price
    If that's what it sells for at open auction on eBay, it's pretty much the price you have to pay to get it. There really is no truer way to gauge what something "should be worth" than to let interested parties bid on it. Nobody is going to have a lower fixed price, not on eBay, not off eBay. Why would a store list merchandise for less than an average auction result? They could just close their store and sell their stuff on eBay and make more money instead. Looks like you just have to look harder though. The most recent completed sale was under $2 for the Image series.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hack-Slash-V...p2047675.l2557
    The original #1 is a bit harder to come by, you may have to spend $20 on a hot comic that's nearly a decade old, has movie buzz, a low print run from a small publisher, and is the first appearance of the character.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Devils-Due-D...p2047675.l2557
    Last edited by dupont2005; 11-21-2012 at 11:02 PM.

You're on the mark, Dupont. They're giving it away on ebay these days.
    Life is what you make it.