Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superman is replaced by the Plutonian

What would happen if Superman is replaced by the Plutonian from Irredeemable? Let's say this is before the Plutonian went crazy.

Every one run!!!!!!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Tony'd just fuck everything up (remember, even before he went bad he wasn't the most stable of heroes, and things didn't work out the way they did in the Silver Age comics).
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Every one run!!!!!!
    No it would be more like "everyone call the Flash!" and then that would be that.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

He's a ticking time bomb of insanity. But, it's the DCU. He'll kill a lot of people, but hopefully the Flash and the multiple Green Lanterns can put the bastard down

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Is EVERY Superman analogue a ticking time-bomb of insanity?

Plutonian, Sentry, Hyperion.....
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

It seems that unless you got Supes upbringing as a kid, which Tony completely lacked in his childhood (Hell, he probably had worse), you're bound to pull off some batshit stuff once you snapped.

I mean Tony even gets pissed at people who treat him as a time bomb which doesn't help his case.

Edit: But then again, doesn't explain Superdick but whatever. XD
    Last edited by Iron_twister; 11-22-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Apollo is pretty sane. So's Majestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    It seems that unless you got Supes upbringing as a kid, which Tony completely lacked in his childhood (Hell, he probably had worse), you're bound to pull off some batshit stuff once you snapped.

I mean Tony even gets pissed at people who treat him as a time bomb which doesn't help his case.

Edit: But then again, doesn't explain Superdick but whatever. XD
    I thought it was implied Tony would of turned out the way he was regardless of upbringing?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

He might be salvagable in DC. The thing is Plutonian didn't snap randomly one day, it was a gradual build up. Many of his later in life problems stemmed from feeling constantly overwhelmed and under appreciated. In DC there are plenty of heroes to pick up the slack so he can take a rest day. And with telepaths/Batman level obervationists around he may get some kinda intervention to show him he doesn't have to isolate himself from everybody. And if this happened before the girlfriend incident all the backlash from that could be avoided entirely. Still might snap, but he has a decent chance of turning things around before it gets to that with the right help.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Metroman seemed pretty cool.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I thought it was implied Tony would of turned out the way he was regardless of upbringing?
    Hmm, to be fair, I only read the first few volumes, before stuff really gets complicated.

I kind of recalled Tony went through a lot of foster families that couldn't deal with him and then there's that moment he tried his best to stay with his adoptive mother...By constantly watching her until she finally decided to shoot herself thanks to the paranoia.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Metroman seemed pretty cool.
    Except for where he quit being a hero and hid for ages, "learning" to "play" guitar, then refused to help the people who came begging in their time of need. Plus, Metroman had the full Clark Kent package - alien baby sent from a dying planet, lands in farm country, is raised by perfect parents, moves to a city called Metro-something. Yup, same-same.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Captain Marvel, being Fawcett's answer to Superman before DC sued the pants of Fawcett and acquired the character, still counts as a Superman analogue.

Of course, that does bring Black Adam into the equation...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    Hmm, to be fair, I only read the first few volumes, before stuff really gets complicated.

I kind of recalled Tony went through a lot of foster families that couldn't deal with him and then there's that moment he tried his best to stay with his adoptive mother...By constantly watching her until she finally decided to shoot herself thanks to the paranoia.
    Well..spoilers..spoilers:
    He's not even human, but basically a race of energy beings who basically tore off a piece of themselves and sent it as a "probe" to other universes. The probe is transformed into a human in response to the emotions of a mother who had killed her child, which played a part in shaping him as a person(or something) Oh he also gets reality warping powers and he "dies" and gets his essence spread to multiple universes including our own(he was what inspired the creators of Superman to create Superman)
    end of spoilers

Yeah..the comic got all kinds of weird at the end.