View Poll Results: Who is next?

Voters
15. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • MJ and Norman

4 26.67%
  • MJ and Otto

6 40.00%
  • Carlie and Norman

1 6.67%
  • Carlie and Otto

1 6.67%
  • Carlie and Lizard

5 33.33%
  • Post your own suggestion

5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The six children of Spider-Man is a group of kids from 5 different alternate Earths who come together to save their father's counterpart, Peter Parker(Earth-616). The story occurs several years from the mainstream timeline. The kids are grown adults in their own timelines. However, their worlds became affected when their father dies in a manner that is traced to Earth-616's Peter Parker. So the Watcher is able to bring them together. And each of the kids have a power set that is different from the other.
    Oh. When I first read the title of that thread I thought it was the name of some lame ass inbred white supremacist fringe group hell bent on murdering Bendis for Miles Morales or something. And then I saw your name after "Started by" and was like phew.

Dude, you are like Deviantart! Except for the art.

Also, my pick for this thread would be a hook-up between Flash/Venom and Debra Whitman. I was fond of that unusual pairing from the 90s' animated series.
    Last edited by Confuzzled Mutie; 11-23-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Oh. When I first read the title of that thread I thought it was the name of some lame ass inbred white supremacist fringe group hell bent on murdering Bendis for Miles Morales or something. And then I saw your name after "Started by" and was like phew.

Dude, you are like Deviantart! Except for the art.
    I got the character designs in my head. I could never display them in public. The reason why I even started all of those relationship with Spider-Man x Heroine is because his counterparts kids are the end result of that relationship if it were to happen on Earth-616 in a What-if fashion.

Also, my pick for this thread would be a hook-up between Flash/Venom and Debra Whitman. I was fond of that unusual pairing from the 90s' animated series.
    When I first saw Debra Whitman, I thought that she was created for the show. But when I learned that she was Peter's love interest for a time, I was surprised. It ashame that Marvel hasn't used her since. She might have fit in well in the Spectacular Spider-Man series as Flash love interest.

When I first saw Debra Whitman, I thought that she was created for the show. But when I learned that she was Peter's love interest for a time, I was surprised. It ashame that Marvel hasn't used her since. She might have fit in well in the Spectacular Spider-Man series as Flash love interest.
    LOL, when I first saw the show I thought Debra Whitman was a really, REALLY important part of the Spider-Man mythos. And then when I got into the comics I was all, "Where the hell is Debra? And WTF is a Gwenstacy?!?"

BANNED

You for one would also rather see the Spider-Man title devolve into some sort of reprobate series where each story arc focuses on a philandering Peter Parker do the nasty with every random Marvel female character under the 616 sun. What I want to know is, why pick Spidey to play out your fantasies? Wouldn't someone like Johnny Storm, Tony Stark or Wolverine be more fit for your.. aspirations?
    Maybe because thier all pricks and kinda repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    Maybe because thier all pricks and kinda repulsive.
    So turn the one major Mama's boy next door in comics just like them by making him a swinger? That was the logic I was questioning.

So turn the one major Mama's boy next door in comics just like them by making him a swinger? That was the logic I was questioning.
    Peter's still a mama's boy at heart. But that means he can maintain a longterm relationship with:

1. A Super Spy who is a double Agent
    2. A tomboy fighter pilot
    3. A former villain who works as a Private Detective
    4. A Super Mercenary
    5. A high powered Attorney who never loses a case as either a Prosecutor or Defense Attorney

Those personality traits from those women are usually the ones attracted to a mama's boy like Peter Parker. Once they enter his world, few ever come out of it without a different impression of Peter Parker than they had before getting the chance to actually know him.

Peter's still a mama's boy at heart. But that means he can maintain a longterm relationship with:
    Long term relationships also demand that those relationships stay, you know, LONG TERM. And he is required to date only one of them for that stipulated long term. AND make every attempt possible to save that relationship from failing against all odds.

In other words, you can't just have Peter "enter relationships" with multiple women in quick succession, the way a Johnny Storm or Tony Stark would. And ESPECIALLY NOT with superpowered or crime fighting ladies with whom he is expected to share a professional relationship with! I'm all for developing platonic, working relationships with Black Widow, Storm, She-Hulk and Captain Marvel, and sibling like relationships with say, the newly resurrected Wasp. But to have him get romantically involved with each and every one of these ladies is not only way out of character but would also be terrible for his image in the superhero community.

BANNED

Long term relationships also demand that those relationships stay, you know, LONG TERM. And he is required to date only one of them for that stipulated long term. AND make every attempt possible to save that relationship from failing against all odds.

In other words, you can't just have Peter "enter relationships" with multiple women in quick succession, the way a Johnny Storm or Tony Stark would. And ESPECIALLY NOT with superpowered or crime fighting ladies with whom he is expected to share a professional relationship with! I'm all for developing platonic, working relationships with Black Widow, Storm, She-Hulk and Captain Marvel, and sibling like relationships with say, the newly resurrected Wasp. But to have him get romantically involved with each and every one of these ladies is not only way out of character but would also be terrible for his image in the superhero community.
    The real question is why do writers want Tony, Johnny or Logan to be lady killers to begin with when they're twice a man child as Peter is? I think because Spider-Man by some people is viewed as childish and lame by people who are into Batman or Iron man since he doesn't hold a sex body count like them is ultimately judged harshly by people despite his idealistic portryal, Superman has this problem.

Perhaps I am just misunderstood. I said that any of the heroines that I talked about would make for good alternates towards the Black Cat as his occasional partner. Do I want to see Peter because close friendship with all of them. Yes. Did I say that he should have a romantic relationship with all of them? No. Any sort of longterm relationship between Spider-Man and a heroine on the Mary Jane level type romance is best to be told in a what if situation respectively.

I only brought up the heroines with are attracted to Peter, whether he knows it or not. And I have not gone beyond six of them respectively. And I never said that a romantic relationship would occur in the Earth-616 realm. The list of heroines that I talked about are just an alternative to Felicia, in case there is a writer or Editor who is not interested in using her for Spider-Man. But instead, they could choose those that I've talked about who have the potential for a long term relationship with Peter. I didn't say that all of them would have a longterm romantic relationship with him. Now did I?

Spider-Man is not Hawkeye who sleeps around with all sorts of women he likes. That's not the character that Stan Lee and Steve Ditko created.

And seriously, I wouldn't want Spider-Man to be in a serious relationship with a heroine because it would automatically restricts the interaction that he has with those who are interested. I made up the six heroines that I like because it would insure that no one would stand out as Spider-Man's potential girlfriend without upsetting the others, even if they are in a relationship of their own, like Spider-Woman x Hawkeye and Black Widow x Winter Soldier. I don't feel that either of them were too happy to learn that Spider-Man was in a serious relationship with Felicia Hardy when they learned about her. And this was long before Peter was married to Mary Jane.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-24-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Doc Ock and Spider-Man got into a fight...
    Spidey hit him with a left and hit with a right...
    Spidey hit him so hard the Doc Ock swapped their brains...
    Now Otto Octavius is date'n Mary Jane...
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    Doc Ock and Spider-Man got into a fight...
    Spidey hit him with a left and hit with a right...
    Spidey hit him so hard the Doc Ock swapped their brains...
    Now Otto Octavius is date'n Mary Jane...
    I wonder how long it would before she realize that the person she's with isn't Peter at all.

I wonder how long it would before she realize that the person she's with isn't Peter at all.
    I think in the bedroom. Doc Ock would go nuts after finally getting laid. It would remind her of a younger Peter.
    Cyclops was right.

Probably two and a half seconds, so all the fantasies can end. Assuming it even gets that far.