Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Were any of the other teachers not already shown on the cover and the previews doing some type of circus act too? Like Frenzy going some kind of Strong Man demonstration, Chamber doing some kind of freak show or Gambit doing I have no idea what with cards?
    Aside from the ones on the cover, all we got was Warbird as a knife thrower with Kitty as the target (funny how they give her an outlet to the fact that Kitty got Iceman first), Doop as vender and Toad having to clean up after the animals. All other teachers weren't even referenced to.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Love this issue! QQ rocks lol. And sincerely, we need another student team book featuring Hellion, Anole, Mercury, new students from Utopia and other kids who mostly play as wallpaper in it. The school has already crowded even before the upcoming attendance of O5 and new recruits. Aaron's really done a great job but there just are too many characters in one title to balance their appearance. I think a new student book is needed now.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling that Kid Frankenstein may change sides and join the school?

Frankenstein's Monster is going to try and kill him, the last heir to the Frankensteins. As he's about to be killed, I think Idie wanders through, since she's been shown to be in the area, but she's not one of the students in the circus (just Shark Girl, who resembles her).

Which could lead to one of three things:

1. Idie saves him, and while he stays with the Hellfire Club, Idie is officially "off limits", where Kade knows or not.
    2. Idie saves him, and he joins the school, realizing Kade's an ***hole, and the mutant kids are really, really way better than their rep deserves.
    3. Idie, after all her time having her morals compromised by Kid Frankenstein's Android Priest, lets him die. Had he never tried making her morally bankrupt, she might have saved him. Thereby, an ironic twist.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by Relique View Post
    Off the tops of my head, Cecilia Reyes, Winddancer, and maybe Angel Salvadore and Magma. I'd like to think silverclaw is a mutant.
    Silverclaw is half human god hybrid.

This was a fun, albeit messed up book. But as always, Jason Aaron finds a way to make it work. I'm still not a fan of the Hellfire Brats, but I like that Aaron is trying to explore them. Kade Kildare had an issue where his life was explored. Now Maximilian had his chance and I think he's a lot more interesting. The best part of all in my opinion was Quentin's reaction to the X-men circus. I'm sure he'll be committing it to memory for the rest of his life. Overall, it was a solid issue. I did a full review of it on my blog. A link is below.

My Review of Wolverine and the X-men #21
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

BANNED

wow this is some offensive shit! warbird is not native american in any way shape or form. but they've got her in straight-up brown face dancing with some indian chief headdress and moccassins. wtf

i liked beast juggling those lions tho.

BANNED

missed opportunity with toad too. what is the point of this character in this cast? you do a story about mutants turned into sideshow freaks and still have toad (who would actually be good as a sideshow freak) shoveling dung behind a tent. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Relique View Post
    Off the tops of my head, Cecilia Reyes, Winddancer, and maybe Angel Salvadore and Magma. I'd like to think silverclaw is a mutant.
    Magma's not hispanic, she has a direct inbred lineage to Rome. She did used to dress in brownface though.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

BANNED

also, this " religious seduction of idie" plotline is tired and has been done already in much better formats. rahne sinclair and icarus say hi.

why wont logan build idie a chapel on the school grounds so she can go worship? she shouldnt be in westchester letting evangelical robots fill her ears with secrets.

If only Cyclops and Rogue hadn't murdered Kurt. :(
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    If only Cyclops and Rogue hadn't murdered Kurt. :(
    This time next year, he'll be back and Idie will be saved.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A²: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    wow this is some offensive shit! warbird is not native american in any way shape or form. but they've got her in straight-up brown face dancing with some indian chief headdress and moccassins. wtf.
    you're craning your neck a bit there to find offense.
    Performers dressing up 'cowboys and indians' is a pretty standard staple of circus tropes. Warbird has hair made of feathers, refashioning it to look like a Native American headdress is just a creative and clever twist.
    you don't have to like the book, but forcing a square peg through a round hole so to decry 'racism' is irresponsible.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

BANNED

no i'm pretty sure its offensive as hell to get up in brown face and dance with an indian chief headdress on just bc your hair is made out of feathers pal.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no i'm pretty sure its offensive as hell to get up in brown face and dance with an indian chief headdress on just bc your hair is made out of feathers pal.
    Is she wearing make-up?
    and why aren't you out watching the parade?
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

BANNED

yea man it is all over her eyes!