View Poll Results: What did you think of UXM #18.1?

Voters
32. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

21 65.63%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

8 25.00%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

2 6.25%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

1 3.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Alot of people seem concerned about the art. There shouldn't be any concern. It was a point one issue with a fill in artist. #19 comes out just 2 weeks after 18.1, and it's back to the usual awsome art.

I don't have any complaints about the art. The art was good. I'm cool with it.

The one thing I take from 18.1 is when Kitty said that Nomi was an orphan, and then Nomi showed her Magneto like powers to Kitty. Like others have stated, Nomi has different colored hair. Blue to be exact. She also has a strong distaste for humans, and wants to start a war against them. I wonder if Nomi Blume AKA Mach Two is the long lost daughter of Magneto.

Jimmy looked like Johnny Bravo in this issue. Even acted like him too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post
    Alot of people seem concerned about the art. There shouldn't be any concern. It was a point one issue with a fill in artist. #19 comes out just 2 weeks after 18.1, and it's back to the usual awsome art.

I don't have any complaints about the art. The art was good. I'm cool with it.

The one thing I take from 18.1 is when Kitty said that Nomi was an orphan, and then Nomi showed her Magneto like powers to Kitty. Like others have stated, Nomi has different colored hair. Blue to be exact. She also has a strong distaste for humans, and wants to start a war against them. I wonder if Nomi Blume AKA Mach Two is the long lost daughter of Magneto.
    God I hope not.
    Last edited by DevilMayhem666; 11-24-2012 at 05:47 AM.

BANNED

I'm starting to think Nomi really is the daughter of Magneto and the baby sister of Pietro and Wanda.

Some may automatically see that as a little cliche. But consider the potential character development for a second. And realise who's actually writing her. I think Brian Wood will make something special out of this.

I imagine she won't advocate the same actions as Magneto and will not agree with his moral justification of Ultimatum. I think she'll eventually find out about her mysterious family, but will very much dislike the idea of it. I imagine her being disgusted by the controversial relationship of Pietro and Wanda. I'm almost certain she's a long-lost sibling of Pietro and Wanda and I think they will eventually attempt to recruit her to their cause, but she'll inevitably decline the offer.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 11-24-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

personally, i just see her as the more realistic result of how mutants would react to their treatment.
    Kitty's team is acting very idealistically, but in truth, most people in her position would more likely act like Nomi rather then Kitty.
    Nomi didn't ask for her powers, nor did she do anything wrong, and she was still hunted and almost killed for no other reason then being born a mutant.
    you don't need to be a mutant supremacist to want revenge for that kinda treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I'm starting to think Nomi really is the daughter of Magneto and the baby sister of Pietro and Wanda.

Some may automatically see that as a little cliche. But consider the potential character development for a second. And realise who's actually writing her. I think Brian Wood will make something special out of this.

I imagine she won't advocate the same actions as Magneto and will not agree with his moral justification of Ultimatum. I think she'll eventually find out about her mysterious family, but will very much dislike the idea of it. I imagine her being disgusted by the controversial relationship of Pietro and Wanda. I'm almost certain she's a long-lost sibling of Pietro and Wanda and I think they will eventually attempt to recruit her to their cause, but she'll inevitably decline the offer.
    I agree. It would definitely be a cool twist.
    Comics are more better.

Loved this issue, but I'm wondering something about Mach Two's power. The way I read it, she seemed to be able to give any object a magnetic field that she could control, but when it was applied metal it was just more powerful. I could be wrong though.

Long time lurker and fan of Ultimate Comics, first time posting.

Decent issue. Nice story and character development and transition post UWS. i have learned with UC to learn to let some creative changes with our beloved characters go, so i am along for the ride with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    This was a great issue with art that made everyone look like catfish, but I enjoyed it anyway.
    Thank you H_P, perfect description of how the characters were drawn. It took a few pages to adjust to the style change, but I found it really worked well to deliver the story by the end.

Welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by Orbytal View Post
    Long time lurker and fan of Ultimate Comics, first time posting.
    Go back! Once you start...you can never stop. ;)
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire