View Poll Results: What did you think of UXM #18.1?

Voters
32. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

21 65.63%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

8 25.00%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

2 6.25%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

1 3.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMayhem666 View Post
    What happened to 616 Husk?
    Long story short, she has some kind of mental problems that have come up with her, a plot point that kept getting brought up in WatXM, but never fully explored. The latest update has her like this:
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

So the Ultimate Universe has a new Magneto now? I guess this could be fun if the stories are good with it.

As for this issue I enjoyed it, and it felt like the Epilogue to the event for Ultimate X-Men while standing as a prologue for the next story arc.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    So the Ultimate Universe has a new Magneto now?
    They also had a "New Magneto" when Doc Ock gained the power to control metal
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I'm pretty pissed off right now.

This was the worst book I think I've ever read. Terrible, absolutely TERRIBLE on all fronts. Brian Wood makes Daniel Way read like Aristophanes.

The artwork was trash and not professional. The story (if you can call it that) was boring, stupid, and pointless.

Every copy of this book should be burned.
    Last edited by Milkshake Dave; 11-21-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    #RallyForMarkHunt

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post
    I'm pretty pissed off right now.

This was the worst book I think I've ever read. Terrible, absolutely TERRIBLE on all fronts. Brian Wood makes Daniel Way read like Aristophanes.

The artwork was trash and not professional. The story (if you can call it that) was boring, stupid, and pointless.

Every copy of this book should be burned.
    wut?

I think this is continuing on to be one of my favorites of all-time with little to no bumps in the road. Flawless, absolutely flawless, and it doesn't necessarily feature any of my fan faves (except, y'know, the X-Men or whatever).
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Y'know, Brian Wood has really hooked me. I remember reading DV8: Gods and Monsters, then wondering what he'd be like on another title about teens with super powers (DEMO lover RIGHT HEAH) and now I get to read him kicking ass monthly in UCXM?

life is good, oh so very good. the momet with Husk made me feel for Bobby (guy can't catch a break) and I really like the new development with Nomi
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    They also had a "New Magneto" when Doc Ock gained the power to control metal
    True I forgot about that. But now the X-Men have a new Magneto like villain again. This could prove to be fun, or it could prove to be a waste. But so far I've enjoyed Wood's run and have faith he will pull it off in the end.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

I hope Nomi grows to be a big threat. Wood isn't dumb, he isn't going to just make a Magneto 2.0 and call it a day. I'm sure there will be some comparisons that deserve to be made but as of now, calm down and enjoy this shit. This was another amazing issue.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    It's mostly the way he's handling the Kitty/Jimmy relationship. It feels a lot different than the way Wolverine would approach it, based on his past with Jean and, later, Storm. Yeah, he still had Jimmy stab that guy in the diner, but that was just the right thing to do.
    I don't know, Wolverine was always pretty cocky around Jean and that seems to be the route Jimmy is taking. I will say that Wolverine was a lot smoother that Jimmy, he actually had some success.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile_17 View Post
    It also feels like Jimmy's a lot more vunrable than Wolverine ever was and that whenever he is acting the tough guy it's more of a mask covering his insecurities.

Thats how I read it anyway
    That's how I read it, too, but his thing with Kitty comes off as really creepy at times ("I'll do ANYTHING for you, Kitty").

I was really annoyed about the "Bobby is the youngest, this might be his first crush" thing. Bobby is like a year older than Kitty (granted, Kitty went from being 14 to 16 really quickly in that series and the ages were rarely consistent). And he was pretty much in love with Rogue. And dated Kitty.

As well written as this series is, I just don't really like any of the characters. Bobby and Rogue are practically nonentities and Kitty and Jimmy are both just sort of one-note....and I don't especially like either of them. The whole concept of the series and the writing is excellent, it's just that....well, it's pretty much all about Kitty and a few sort of bland, d-list supporting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    No, just got arrested after surviving the explosion shouting about how Stryker was right. Poor thing indeed, mindfucked in both universes. She just can't win.
    I had a feeling she'd make it based on her power set.

Gosh I'm filled to the core with turkey and a number of different flavored pies.Still found time to read this and thought it was pretty good.Though the art was bad in my eyes Wood's solid writing made up for it.Now here's a bunch of impressions from me:
    -Husk being a brainwashed spy was certainly interesting and hope we see the character again.The stuff about Bobby,though,came out of the blue at least to me.Sure they teamed up earlier but other than that Bobby's love was weird.Also yeah Bobby is supposed to be at least a year older than Kitty.

-Jimmy thought he could get away with treating Kitty like they were a thing already,huh?Sucks to be Jimmy Hudson.

-So Quentin went to get the cure.Either that's the end of the line with the character or they are setting up another plot.

-Mach two is officially the new Magneto.Her sudden power increase was also impressive.I guess they are setting up an Ultimate version of Schism were the remaining few mutants decide to go with Kitty or Nomi.Hey if Mach two is based on Surge than it makes sense she's like Magneto since I believe Surge was like a protege of sorts to Mags.

-Kitty said that out of all the members of her army only about 20 stayed,huh?Hopefully the recently introduced mutants stay(although Black Box could certainly take the cure.)Guess the buses at the end were filled with mutants from across the US and not just the army.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Another excellent issue by Brian Wood. This continues to be the UU's most promising title.

In Ultimatum, Mags was able to cauterise a lethal wound by heating up the iron in his blood.

Because Magnetism has nothing to do with burning, I'd say Mach Two's powers are definitely a bit more realistic than Magneto's powers in Ultimatum, even if the iron in the blood isn't magnetic. It's a pretty obvious inaccuracy IMO, but at least it isn't Ultimatum silly.

I believe Quicksilver may be able to attack Kitty faster than she can phase.
    I hat to defend Loeb's work, but the cauterize tin actually does make sense. Heat is only the vibration/excitation of atoms, so if Magneto were to move the iron in his blood towards the area and cause it to vibrate more quickly, he could heat it to the point of burning. He'd have to be really good at his powers but hey... Magneto.

This was a great issue with art that made everyone look like catfish, but I enjoyed it anyway.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    I hat to defend Loeb's work, but the cauterize tin actually does make sense. Heat is only the vibration/excitation of atoms, so if Magneto were to move the iron in his blood towards the area and cause it to vibrate more quickly, he could heat it to the point of burning. He'd have to be really good at his powers but hey... Magneto.

This was a great issue with art that made everyone look like catfish, but I enjoyed it anyway.
    I stand corrected.

I liked the issue but what was up with the art?