Default They Switch Bodies: Reed Richards and Bruce Banner

After facing down a Cosmic-Cube empowered Thanos, these two marvel geniuses have their bodies switched permanently. What are the consequences?

If Reed gets upset, does he become the Hulk at all?

If the Hulk is a symptom of MPD, it would be funny to see what happens to Reed's body if Bruce has a "Hulkout". Would he inflate or something?
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar

Bruce would be happy to be free of the Hulk, that's all I know.

They work in the name of science.Bruce is a talented guy as well in regards to inventing.

But yeah the Hulk is the result of child abuse. Hell he*KILLED* his father.Self defense but he did kill the guy(He met to do it too, no accident.). But yeah Gamma rays in Marvel mutate you base on your mentality. And yeah has MPD.

I am curious to how the women will take it. As Red She-Hulk-Betty and Sue deal with the men in the mind-body-switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    But yeah the Hulk is the result of child abuse. Hell he*KILLED* his father.Self defense but he did kill the guy(He met to do it too, no accident.). But yeah Gamma rays in Marvel mutate you base on your mentality. And yeah has MPD.
    So Reed in Bruce's body probably turns into something like the "Professor" Hulk. Remember back in the '90s when the Hulk had Banner's IQ and looked more like a parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger than a monster?

I am curious to how the women will take it. As Red She-Hulk-Betty and Sue deal with the men in the mind-body-switch.
    I now have a mental image of Sue giggling after "The Hulk" tries to pick up something heavy and literally flattens himself.
    Last edited by Radical; 11-21-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: incomplete
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

I am also curious to how Doom deals with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    If Reed gets upset, does he become the Hulk at all?

If the Hulk is a symptom of MPD, it would be funny to see what happens to Reed's body if Bruce has a "Hulkout". Would he inflate or something?
    I think Reed might feel some effects of Hulkery -- Bruce's body still technically produces gamma energy, so I bet Reed could figure out a way to "fake" a transformation.

I've never seen it, but I've read that there was an issue of FF where Reed inflated his body to get superhuman strength. If anybody can confirm, that would be great!

It would benefit both of them. Because Reed very rarely gets angry.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    I think Reed might feel some effects of Hulkery -- Bruce's body still technically produces gamma energy, so I bet Reed could figure out a way to "fake" a transformation.

I've never seen it, but I've read that there was an issue of FF where Reed inflated his body to get superhuman strength. If anybody can confirm, that would be great!
    He has done that a few times, and he's also transferred a bunch of mass into a fist, which then hit hard enough to hurt Namor and knock him out of a museum. No, that does not make sense.

Yeah, Reed rarely gets angry, but I could see him having a she-hulk, Doc Samson effect when he gets into Hulk's body, being permanently strong and powerful, but not on the scale of the Hulk.

Bruce might still be crazy in Reed's body, however. I can see something like him finding a way to trigger another gamma explosion or something just to get the "hulk" back. The hulk in him will force him to do it if for some reason he can't get his body back.

I am also curious to how Doom deals with the situation.
    "Richards!!!!!"

"I think you're looking for him." *points*

*turns* "Richards!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Bruce might still be crazy in Reed's body, however. I can see something like him finding a way to trigger another gamma explosion or something just to get the "hulk" back. The hulk in him will force him to do it if for some reason he can't get his body back.
    Maybe he'll just "puff up" and talk dumb...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...