Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I was spoiled as to the twist to this story, yet I still liked this issue. Dan Slott is taking a huge chance here, and I can’t help but think it has put Peter Parker in a place he’s never been before. It’s exciting to think how this story might resolve. My only fear is, what if Peter Parker can’t save the day this time, especially with only two issues left? Considering the Alpha story came and went so quickly my best guess is things will go back to normal once Superior Spider-Man #1 hit shelves. But god am I worried if he can’t!

Review at the link in my signature if anyone is interested.
    Could happen, that it was all a fake out. But I'm thinking this new Ock in Peter's body thing is going to stick around (no pun intended) for a while, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    There is another possibility that Dr. Strange could do--he accidentally makes Peter and Doc Ock do a Firestorm, i.e. they both merge into a single being. Then in Avenging Spider-Man #15.1, Spidey and Doc Ock fight inside the new Superior Spider-Man's body to see which one of them will dominate only for the two of them deciding to work together instead (Avenging Spider-Man IS a team-up issue after all).
    That could be cool too. It could be funny seeing Peter trying to woo back MJ with Doc Ock providing a running commentary or advice.
    Last edited by Wiggie_Stardust; 11-22-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    Finally remembered what this was reminding me of. There was an episode of Angel ('Carpe Noctem') where an old dying guy swapped his spirit/soul with Angel with a similar cheating death like idea. The main difference being that Angel got swapped back just in time for the old guy's heart to give out.

Think this is why this is rubbing me the wrong way, in that having the bad guy succeed in his plan is actually really chilling..
    QFT. I think I'll be avoiding anything Slott wrote/writes like the plague for a while; how it was done in "Kraven's Last Hunt" was great. This story makes the Ben Reilly experience look normal in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
    I don't get why people care how long this will last. If Slott writes interesting stories with this new situation for a long time, who cares? We all know it will eventually turn back.
    Sorry but...I almost expect this out of you know who (read: Marvel's competitor).

Think I'll be doing a "Dark Reign" for Spidey until the status quo is restored.
    Last edited by NightMage; 11-22-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: additional comments

This is some serious Count of Monte Cristo sh**.. GREAT issue and it literally dropped my jaw. I am worried about the ramifications. I dont want the damn villain to kill the hero and then run off with the bride.

How many people aren't pissed off thinking about Doc Ock digging Mary Jane? Thats like Purple Man territory.

PS: So while thinking about what evil sh** this Doc Ock has done ... the first thing that came to mind was him digging Aunt May. Damn Peter Parker gets dragged down to Darkhawk level if Doc Ock bags Aunt May and Mary Jane. One of the greatest issues (Ive ever read) but my goodness Mr. Slott. The ramifications could be a colossal fail.

PPS: I'm hoping for one more (positive) twist. I do not want to see old Doc Ock get a second chance. As is wouldn't this make for a GREAT movie? At the end of the credits you see Peter's family reunion in Heaven (like #500). Then they send him back and the closing shot is Doc Ock's eye(Peter) opening up? Hard to top that with a sequel though. I wonder how Slott will end this...but this issue and his past warnings about #700 pissing off fans has me worried. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggie_Stardust View Post
    Could happen, that it was all a fake out. But I'm thinking this new Ock in Peter's body thing is going to stick around (no pun intended) for a while, at least.
    There was a pun there?

I don't see what the big deal is.
    Been reading comics long enough to know this will go on for a year or two, Slott will get his fun doing Ock as Peter stories, then Peter will be Spidey again.

So I'm interested to see where this is going, at least for a bit.

I'm kind of curious as to when the switch took place. Checking back on some of the previous issues, nothing seems out of character in anything Peter does or in his narration caption boxes. Unlike in this issue, where it all sounds 'off' for Peter, until the end where in retrospect it now all sounds rather creepy.

But then, there is this Octobot that came out of the river and has been stalking Spidey for a while, which makes me think that it is being controlled by Peter, meaning the change occurred before.
    And, if Ock's body ends up actually dying, the Octobot is where Peter will be stuck during the Superior storyline!

Quote Originally Posted by NightMage View Post
    Sorry but...I almost expect this out of you know who (read: Marvel's competitor).

Think I'll be doing a "Dark Reign" for Spidey until the status quo is restored.
    Why on earth would you do that? You don’t like a certain twist in the plot, and you want to avoid the title for as long as this writer is on the book? We all know that nothing stays forever for this book. Spider-Man has been reborn before, and he will be so again. There is no way that Otto Octavius will be Spider-Man a 100 issues from now on, so why don’t you just stay along for something I believe will be a very good story-line with many interesting twists, and don’t miss any of the continuity when Peter again will be Spider-Man sometime in the future?
    If my words and grammar are not correct, that's because English is not my native language! My English would have been far worse if I hadn't read original comics for decades though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindworm View Post
    Why on earth would you do that?
    Cause he doesn't give a shit about a spider-man title without Peter ?

I can totally understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post

Me too, but i would read this anyway. Because I'm hooked.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Mysterious Plains Knight Scorpiodisc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post

While I can empathize with this statement. I have been reading Spider-man for too long (since 85) to miss out on what will be a vital piece of his history. My hope is that even if it is not Peter in the suit, that we can still follow Peters progress on his adventure to get his body back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggie_Stardust View Post

That could be cool too. It could be funny seeing Peter trying to woo back MJ with Doc Ock providing a running commentary or advice.
    I read one interesting theory on these boards that maybe Ock and Parker's mind meld somehow, making him "superior" in intellect.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

The thing is, even just by reading solits and interviews (Avenging Spider-Man), at the VERY LEAST, even if Ock is in Peter's body for SSM, other heroes will know what's up.

All of these things talk about 'first teamups of SSM with the FF, X-men, etc), and the Avenging article discusses how there is a different dynamic, etc. So we at least know that even if Ock is running around as Peter (which I still highly doubt), other heroes will at least know that it's not the same Spider-Man as before.

That doesn't necessarily rule out an Ock/Peter mix or anything like that, but it does rule out the upcoming stories simply being more like 698, where no one knows the difference.
    Last edited by bjtrdff; 11-23-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: teacup type-o

Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff View Post
    The thing is, even just by reading solits and interviews (Avenging Spider-Man), at the VERY LEAST, even if Ock is in Peter's body for SSM, other heroes will know what's up.

All of these things talk about 'first teacups of SSM with the FF, X-men, etc), and the Avenging article discusses how there is a different dynamic, etc. So we at least know that even if Ock is running around as Peter (which I still highly doubt), other heroes will at least know that it's not the same Spider-Man as before.

That doesn't necessarily rule out an Ock/Peter mix or anything like that, but it does rule out the upcoming stories simply being more like 698, where no one knows the difference.
    It doesn't rule out Peter either. Dan said that we are having a new writer also named Dan Slott and that the new guy is a complete psycho. So i think it's Peter with a new outlook on life.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

I'm not a spider-man reader, but I'm tempted to jump on for this storyline. There's no way that Ock can keep up this masquerade for long. Number one, his personality is TOO different. He might have the science skills and can pull off the physical stuff, but people will notice that Spidey is too serious all of a sudden and has NO sense of humor. Ock has never cracked a quip in his life, and that is not Parker or Spider-Man, and it will send up redflags to anyone with half a brain. He might be able to wave it off with some excuse for a little bit, but he will at some point do something SO out of character that someone will know something is up, and Parker himself will be trying to get back to himself. So it sounds like an interesting story is brewing. So I may actually buy Spider-man for a little while.

If the story plays out in one book primarily that is. If I have to buy a half dozen titles to see the story then I'm out, and I'll just read about it on the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by kitonok View Post
    It doesn't rule out Peter either. Dan said that we are having a new writer also named Dan Slott and that the new guy is a complete psycho. So i think it's Peter with a new outlook on life.
    Good point as well. One thing that occurred to me when the FF teamup solit was out was that 'maybe new outlook Peter doesn't want to be around children/feel like he is a proper role model anymore'.