View Poll Results: WHICH WAS THE BEST COMIC BOOK DC RELEASED ON 11/21/2012?

Voters
63. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batwoman #14

8 12.70%
  • Birds of Prey #14

1 1.59%
  • Blue Beetle #14

1 1.59%
  • Catwoman #14

0 0%
  • DCU Presents #14

3 4.76%
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians #14

1 1.59%
  • Justice League #14

10 15.87%
  • Legion of Super Heroes #14

2 3.17%
  • Nightwing #14

0 0%
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws #14

4 6.35%
  • Supergirl #14

2 3.17%
  • Sword of Sorcery #2

9 14.29%
  • Wonder Woman #14

21 33.33%
  • Young Justice #22

0 0%
  • Other (Ame-Comi, etc.)

1 1.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Book of the Week - 11/21/2012 Edition

You all know what to do by now.

Make sure you share why you picked as you did.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Justice League #14

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoduck View Post
    Justice League #14
    why? i don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    why? i don't understand
    The same reason that i don't understand why people vote for Wonder Woman

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

I voted for DCU Presents because of the freshness of it, the cool concepts, the excellent writing, and the beautiful and clear art.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    I voted for DCU Presents because of the freshness of it, the cool concepts, the excellent writing, and the beautiful and clear art.
    Yeah, except for the Kid Flash issue, this has been a great series that people seem to be overlooking for some reason. Deadman was great, Vandal Savage was great, Challengers was interesting and fun, and the current Black Lightning/Blue Devil has been good.

Batwoman: Another masterpiece artwise, and the writing was not lagging behind to much. I'm liking this arc a lot better than the last. This is still one of the best books Dc is putting out right now. 8.5/10
    Birds of Prey: Decent, entertaining, and I did not mind Condor as much as I thought I would. I like Katana, but I miss Starling taking a bigger role. Good book overall. 7.5/10
    Justice League: Another mediocre offering. I'm not sure why I keep buying this month after month. The backups are better than the main plot. At least the obligatory Superman/Wonder Woman kiss was not as nauseating as last time. Their relationship is actually starting to make a bit of sense. 5/10
    Nightwing: Picking up a bit, which is good, because I was on the verge of dropping this. I'll give it another month. I find my self enjoying the Haley's sub-plot more than the main plot. 7/10
    Sword of Sorcery: I continue to be amazed at how much I like this title, it's really not something I would normally go for. The writing is pretty good, and the plot is actually intriguing. The backup is very "meh" though, nothing special. 8/10
    Wonder Woman: Amazing ... again. Akins is growing on me, although he's no Cliff Chiang. I'm loving all this extended family Wonder Woman is getting, and while dark, the book is keeping in touch with Diana's trademark compassion. The addition of the New Gods only makes this better. 9/10

So, no surprise, but Wonder Woman takes it for me again. Batwoman was very close.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

This week was Ladies' Night for me, with Supergirl, Sword of Sorcery, Wonder Woman, and a Wonder Woman-centric Justice League. All were good with the exception of Justice League which continues to be stuck in neutral for some reason.

Supergirl is doing a much better job pulling off the "H'El on Earth" crossover than I feared after last week's Superboy. They have really commited to portraying her as an outsider on this world and not just Superman's kid cousin, which I commend them for.

Wonder Woman is consistently excellent. This issue threw a lot at us with the First Born and the meeting of the gods, Diana gathering up her siblings, and the expanding role of the New Gods. It's nice to see that amidst all the dark, mythological aspects, Wonder Woman still wins a battle with compassion and words rather than fisticuffs. I'm looking forward to Cliff Chiang coming back.

Sword of Sorcery got my vote this week for continuing to be an unexpectedly enjoyable book. The Amythest storyline has deftly avoided a handful of standard fantasy cliches and provided a very rich, colorful world, and the Beowulf backup continues to grow on me. This is one of the few split-issue series I really enjoy, even though I'd still rather read each story as a solo title.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    Same here!

stk:

Yeah, except for the Kid Flash issue, this has been a great series that people seem to be overlooking for some reason. Deadman was great, Vandal Savage was great, Challengers was interesting and fun, and the current Black Lightning/Blue Devil has been good.
    Well, uhm ...if der a 3 of us(u/stf, SZ & Comet man) chanting 4 DCU: BL & BD den hw cum it only got 2 votes in d poll?

Went with Wonder Woman (as I only read that and Justice League). Really liked the set up with the First Born, although was slightly disappointed by the casual and understated intro of the New Gods. These are Kirby characters. They need explosions, Kirby dots, and jumping out of the panel poses -- not a sauntering-through-the-room-thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jsf View Post
    Went with Wonder Woman (as I only read that and Justice League). Really liked the set up with the First Born, although was slightly disappointed by the casual and understated intro of the New Gods. These are Kirby characters. They need explosions, Kirby dots, and jumping out of the panel poses -- not a sauntering-through-the-room-thing.
    You know how Darkseid was introduced, right?
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I voted for Red Hood and the Outlaws

Voted for the genius that is Wonder Woman, because -for me- it's the best book on the shelves right now. It is sharply written, boasts a great cast, each with their own distinct personalty, which adds a richness to the production as whole. I am fascinated by the expanding mythology and the mystery -- and at its heart is Diana. Who I've grown to love more than I ever have in the past. I was moved by the scenes where she attempt to reason -not fight- with her sister. And when they finally embrace, yeah, I got a little choked up. That image said more than words ever could.
    PrettyDeadly/WonderWoman/FBP/Velvet/Revival/Lazarus/EastofWest/ManhattanProjects/Fatale/Alex+Ada/Rat Queens/Saga/Bandette/HighCrimes/Red Sonja/RachelRising/Ghost/Zero/Veil/Cap. Marvel/She Hulk/Magneto

I bought Justice League and Sword of Sorcery and I really liked them both. Ultimately voted for Justice League, because while I liked the Amethyst feature more than either story in Justice League, I didn't care for Beowulf at all, and Justice League was a more consistently satisfying and entertaining read from front to back.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Man if a comic could be perfect Batwoman would be it this week (and every issue of this arc). It's poetic in word and picture, absolutely stunning work.