Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

I know this isn't permanent but man did Slott hook me well for the ride. I'm itching for a Spider-Doc v. Green Goblin matchup.

My only complaint is that is comes so soon after Bendis's Death of Spider-Man story. For that reason alone, I don't think Peter dies. But like I said, I'm willing to go for the ride until Peter takes back the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Maybe this time he's saying "Peter, remember when I told you about power and responsibility? I just figured you had the right to know I was high as a kite. Didn' know what I was goin' on about at the time. Say no to drugs Peter .."
    hahhaha. Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewman View Post
    It would be sad that the one person he has to kill that will break his "no one dies" rule is himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctuh View Post
    Goddamnit, a blast from the past. What else have we missed?
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    I'm also thinking it's possible their minds might actually merge and possess all memories and traits of both. But I'm still leaning more towards Peter retiring and someone else taking over. I'm hoping Peter doesn't die not because he's the only one who can be Spider-Man, but because killing him so soon after his Ultimate counterpart would seem really uninspired.
    Everything would get pretty muddled...you'd have to wonder about the soul issue. What if Ock is truly dead but simply his memory is stamped into Peter...otherwise he'd have TWO souls and that's a mixed mess of neither one or the other. Funny thing is, I didn't even bother to get #698, I was kinda like...ok. And? So we'll see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctuh View Post
    I remembered that as soon as I realized the twist in the last issue and especially noticed that when Marvel put that issue up for free on their iPhone App last week (I'm sure it wasn't selected to be free by chance).

That issue had amazing Stefano Casseli art. :)
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    Oh please, is there really here one single person who genuinely think that Peter will be gone for ever? Peter freaking Parker?
    Actually, as with Johnny Storm, I'm hoping that when Peter Parker returns, he won't be in the same state of existence as he was.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

What I liked about the preview...and about PP in general...is what I consider the essence of Peter....even though he has done so much good in the world he still feels he didn't deserve to be in Heaven...or the reason why he isnt allowed to stay...is because of his one moment of selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    The dead Stepford Cuckoos showed up during Chaos War, and also X-23 was confirmed to have a soul when she met Mephisto, so I guess there goes the "clones have no soul" rumor.
    Chaos War was a freaking mess. Never trust any of it. Though I don't disagree with you about clones and souls.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!"
    Fiction is a fickle thing. It all depends on the next word that is written.
    “The power to do good is also the power to do harm.” — Milton Friedman

Wow,that preview is great.
    If that is a indication of how all the story of ASM#700 wil be,then there will be another awesome centenary issue of ASM.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMFeAR7 View Post
    Peter is such a heartless bastard.
    Where the hell is Ned Leeds?

I'm not a big Ramos fan, he's a good artist, but a lot of the time his art seems rushed. Like in Ends Of The Earth, big bi-weekly storyline, looked wayyyyy rushed in places.

Here it looks MUCH better!
    Everyone looks great, and his Sable looks stunning!
    I agree--I actually went from hating the guy's work to being a fan after seeing his recent stuff. Outstanding.

I'm at work and just logged on, so if this has been done I apologize, but has anyone posted any of the other clues and hints they've discovered when going back over their past issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I'm at work and just logged on, so if this has been done I apologize, but has anyone posted any of the other clues and hints they've discovered when going back over their past issues?
    Well after 698 I came back to 600, where this all stared. And everything gets a second meaning, But nothing concrete yet.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

here are the midtown comics covers for #700 and superior #1 (note not final art.... but.... )

On Vacation

I know its not final art. But I'm still getting a bad vibe.