Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

[QUOTE=EliParker;16192337]I didn't like the line that Uncle Ben said you can let someone else be Spider-man. I however enjoyed the preview and the writing was well written.

Spider-man isn't a mantle, it is a person. That person is Peter Parker, if Marvel wants to continue with this idea that Spider-man is a mantle then I'm done with them. I'll pick up the first issue and Spider-man isn't Peter then I'm done. I disliked in the Ultimate World and I'm not going to enjoy it in the 616 world. I hope that the relaunch is a red herring or something else as I believe only Peter Parker can be Spider-man (and not his clone, but that is for another rant on another day).[/

I thought the preview ended with Ben asking Peter to get up and fight one more time.
    Last edited by USERNAME TAKEN; 11-21-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Uncle Ben telling him he doesn't to be Spider-Man anymore could potentially be huge if Dan wanted to go that way with it.

The greatest source of guilt responsible for him being a superhero, if Ben told him to lay down his burden, I think thats the only thing that could ever convince him to stop if he wanted to.

I don't think he wants to but I think it's an interesting moment.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

[QUOTE=USERNAME TAKEN;16192350]
    Quote Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
    I didn't like the line that Uncle Ben said you can let someone else be Spider-man. I however enjoyed the preview and the writing was well written.

Spider-man isn't a mantle, it is a person. That person is Peter Parker, if Marvel wants to continue with this idea that Spider-man is a mantle then I'm done with them. I'll pick up the first issue and Spider-man isn't Peter then I'm done. I disliked in the Ultimate World and I'm not going to enjoy it in the 616 world. I hope that the relaunch is a red herring or something else as I believe only Peter Parker can be Spider-man (and not his clone, but that is for another rant on another day).[/

I thought the preview ended with Ben asking Peter to get up and fight one more time.
    It was the part where Ben said that Peter Parker can rest when it is all over and someone else can be Spider-man

I wonder if Alpha may become the new Superior Spider-Man...

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    I wonder if Alpha may become the new Superior Spider-Man...
    I rather see a new Peter clone become Spidey

My theory:

- The only way to defeat Ock is killing Peter (the body that Doc Ock possesses)
    - Who could do that? Norman Osborn.
    - Then both dies. Peter and Ock at the same time.
    - Who's the new Spider-Man. I don't know, but probably not Peter Parker.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Peter hijacking Norman's comatose body to defeat Doc Ock would be hilarious.

..which is exactly why I need to see it.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post

And keep in mind, we never actually did see HOW Norman Osborn woke up from his coma and escaped, did we? Certainty such a scenario would answer that question.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Maybe. But don't forget, this preview is being shown courtesy of Marvel with the idea that people have yet to pick up Amazing Spider-Man #698. After all, Dan Slott did tweet this a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/270616017825300481

So it light of that and what we know about Amazing Spider-Man #698, it's a safe assumption to put two-and-two together, I think.
    True but if that was the case they could easily have just released the preview a few days or a week later and they wouldn't have had to censor the page. That's why I think there's a bit more to this. Although Marvel could've just been over eager to get the preview out or they just want to make us go crazy about it for a month. We'll know when we need to.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

I just saw the spoilers for 698 and I don't like it one bit. Having Peter hijack Norman's body would be a great what if issue. It should be title What if Peter is No More in that One Moment in Time?

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Kangaroo View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone dies in #699 so they are blocked out of the picture until then. (Maybe Julia?)

Where are Ben, the original Madame Web, and Mattie?

It'd be interesting to see May (baby) as well.
    There are a bunch of distant figures in the background. They could easily be there.

Peter's mind seems to be going, though. Timmy Harrison is the Kid Who Collects Spider-Man; Tim Hammond is the kid from Jurassic Park.
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

i assumed Uncle Ben was being figurative... He's saying, "Let someone else be a super-hero"...

Rounding out the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man by killing him and replacing him with someone else is an incredibly bad marketing move. As I mentioned in other threads, I wish Slott and Marvel the best, but if I wanted to read about a more ballsy and violent Spider-Man, I'd pick up 'Scarlet Spider' or 'Venom'. I see this as just another silly plot twist that isn't needed, especially one that seemingly has Peter die in a body riddled with cancer.

Oh well, at least the new Thor and Fantastic Four sound interesting. If after 700 Peter Parker (in mind, body and soul) is not Spider-Man, I'll be out. Especially when no Spider-title at Marvel features THE Spider-Man.

Again, nothing but best wishes for Slott. It has been a great run, and I'm saddened to leave.

Mountaineers Are Always FREE! Give me Liberty...

Default Peter Parker IS Spider-Man! Accept NO Substitutes!

Who is the creepy shadowy dude hanging out by the bushes?
    From the look of him I'd hazard a guess that it is the late, not-so-lamented Fred Foswell; a reporter at the Daily Bugle from back in the Lee-Ditko days who was revealed to be the original Big Man (a crime lord of NYC).
    CaptainLiberty76

"The LESS some people know the MORE stubbornly they know it!"

"That which does not KILL us only serves to make us STRONGER!"

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Where is Mattie?
    Forget Mattie...where's Ben Reilly?