Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar

Default Alucard vs Alexander Anderson with a twist

They have to have to fight each other using duel monster cards from Yu gi oh with a duel disk systems, they both have been taught how play the game, and, have been given enough time to create their decks.

What kind of desks do they both create? What type of monsters do they each use? What do they both think of have to do this? What do they think of the card game?

They both have been told about the shadow games and the Millennium Items, how do they react to all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    What kind of desks do they both create? What type of monsters do they each use? What do they both think of have to do this? What do they think of the card game?
    I think Alucard will either play with Marik or Bakura's decks, or a mixture of the two. I don't know any of the Duel Monsters that fit an angelic theme.

Anyway, I think they'll start playing and Anderson will throw a bayonet into Alucard's face, ending the duel so that they can kill each other the normal way. Alucard might resonate with the "battle with ancient Egyptian monsters" concept; his usage of the fighter jet to get onboard that battleship, and his willingness to go out in broad daylight might make him a little more accepting of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    I think Alucard will either play with Marik or Bakura's decks,
    The Winged Dragon of Ra doesn't actually do what it does in the series. (Or, if in the series, there's only one copy and Alucard doesn't fit the requirement to play it.) Given that Marik's deck completely revolves around it, that kinda nulls any chances of him playing it.
    I can't see him playing Bakura's decks either. Bakura's decks tend to revolve around stalling and winning via alternate win condition, which doesn't really seem like Alucard's style. (Also, most of his key card don't exist if we're talking real life rules.)
    or a mixture of the two.
    That would be a terrible idea. Bakura's gimmick decks and Marik's Ra deck wouldn't really mix well.
    I don't know any of the Duel Monsters that fit an angelic theme.
    There are quite a few, like the Agents of Creation series. That's probably what Anderson would play, unless he deems it heretical/unfitting for an agent of Iscariot.

Anyway, I think they'll start playing and Anderson will throw a bayonet into Alucard's face, ending the duel so that they can kill each other the normal way.
    I dunno, Anderson runs an orphanage, so he might well enjoy the game itself.
    If they play a Shadow Game where the loser dies, he'd probably be down with playing against Alucard.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

I think Alucard will either play with Marik or Bakura's decks, or a mixture of the two. I don't know any of the Duel Monsters that fit an angelic theme.

Anyway, I think they'll start playing and Anderson will throw a bayonet into Alucard's face, ending the duel so that they can kill each other the normal way. Alucard might resonate with the "battle with ancient Egyptian monsters" concept; his usage of the fighter jet to get onboard that battleship, and his willingness to go out in broad daylight might make him a little more accepting of the idea.
    That's the thing, they can't fight each other normally this time, they have to play the game.

How likely do any of you see Alucard playing a deck with a vampire theme? Angels seem to be what Anderson would go for.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Given that Marik's deck completely revolves around it, that kinda nulls any chances of him playing it. I can't see him playing Bakura's decks either. Bakura's decks tend to revolve around stalling and winning via alternate win condition, which doesn't really seem like Alucard's style. Bakura's gimmick decks and Marik's Ra deck wouldn't really mix well.
    I was thinking more about the kind of cards he would possess based on the art style of the monsters. When Marik and Bakura have their "duels", we see them using these freaky, disturbing monsters that sharply contrast the heroic, godly beasts we've seen for most of the series. My guess would be that Alucard would be attracted to those types of monsters based on him being a giggling sadist with monstrous shapeshifting powers.

Strategically; yeah, I'm probably way out of the ballpark. I never had that many chances to play Yu... Duel Monsters as a kid and I only watched up to the Pegasus arc of the anime, and caught parts of the Battle City arc.

I dunno, Anderson runs an orphanage, so he might well enjoy the game itself.
    He's told how the game works so yeah, if it's a Shadow Game, it's a great chance to destroy Alucard. And Anderson's no doubt willing to "turn on the dark (side of a children's card game)" if it means destroying his rival. But otherwise, having to play with what might be the closest thing to Satan himself and itself might be a bit too much for him. The dude broke down a wall just to give Alucard a message and proceeded to get into a fist fight with Alucard before delivering it.
    Last edited by Kamina; 11-21-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Part of me likes to think they'd create their own decks. Although, going with a theme, I can see Anderson using something like the Magician of Faith card.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Magician_of_Faith