Page 28 of 187 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 2796
  1. #406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Something just occurred to me.

    According to Soule, who is writing Supermen/Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman had a sexual relationship.

    Which means any ideas about Lois and Clark not being able to do it are pretty much shot down.
    While I've always thought the whole "He'd totally kill her during sex" thing was dumb, this doesn't really prove anything.

    The mechanics of a superpowered man and a normal woman would be different from those of a normal man and superpowered woman.

  2. #407
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Dune Sea.
    Posts
    11,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfingers158 View Post
    While I've always thought the whole "He'd totally kill her during sex" thing was dumb, this doesn't really prove anything.

    The mechanics of a superpowered man and a normal woman would be different from those of a normal man and superpowered woman.
    Heh. Okay, you are going to have to explain that one.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”


  3. #408

    Default

    Sigh do I have to? :P

    Diana can just lay there (yawn, but viable)

    Clark needs to worry about accidentally having mini-Clark ending up in Lois's chest cavity.

  4. #409
    Senior Member misslane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfingers158 View Post
    Clark needs to worry about accidentally having mini-Clark ending up in Lois's chest cavity.
    Diana needs to worry about crushing Steve Jr. (if you know what I mean) during climax.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

  5. #410
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfingers158 View Post
    Sigh do I have to? :P

    Diana can just lay there (yawn, but viable)

    Clark needs to worry about accidentally having mini-Clark ending up in Lois's chest cavity.
    Unless her muscles tighten...um...internally. On a regular guy. Who could then not repeat the experience, I reckon. ;)

  6. #411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Diana needs to worry about crushing Steve Jr. (if you know what I mean) during climax.
    fair point

    I can think of some counterpoints but really arguing about fictional characters having sex is just kinda weird o_O

  7. #412
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Diana needs to worry about crushing Steve Jr. (if you know what I mean) Durango climax.
    Ninja'd! Lol!

  8. #413
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfingers158 View Post
    fair point

    I can think of some counterpoints but really arguing about fictional characters having sex is just kinda weird o_O
    I don't think it's weird so much as pointless. If you can believe there can be a man who can fry people with his eyes and work undercover as a meek, mild reporter without people figuring out his secret is kept with a pair of glasses, you should be able to believe he can have sex without killing Lois. Maybe it works because "the writers said so" but his glasses work for the same reason. I am always incredibly amused/annoyed by those who take that (what I always read to be tongue in cheek at best) article seriously. It seems to be used more (IMO) as a method to excuse why Superman couldn't be with Lois but could be with X because of Y. WW because of her superpowers (which I find is less untiring and more an easy togetherout). Chloe because of the "bracelet of mind-blowing sex - a ridiculous theory if ever I heard one but not the most absurd I've come across. Etc.

    Any real contention that the Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex article should be seriously considered as an explanation for why Superman couldn't be together with a human like Lois is absurd to me. I always figure that those who want to rely on it for conclusive proof should first explain how a simple pair of glasses is enough a disguise to hide his secret identity for decades. Then maybe I'll take your argument seriously...or at least not laugh aloud at the absurdity of it. ;)
    Last edited by Jade4813; 07-04-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Autocorrect mayhem

  9. #414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade4813 View Post
    I don't think it's weird so much as pointless. If you can believe there can be a man who can fry people with his eyes and work undercover as a meek, mild reporter without people figuring out his secret is kept with a pair of glasses, you should be able to believe he can have sex without killing Lois.
    I agree with you.

  10. #415
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christinereed View Post
    I agree with you.
    And I agree with this agreement. It's so pointless to trot out the old Women of Kleenex argument when the comics and TV shows like LnC and Smallville have shown that Clark and Lois can have an active and gratifying sex life.

    I'm fond of the Golden Age Clark and Lois example posted earlier by TomariS in this thread. Superman and Lois are in bed. They're kissing. I think it's safe to assume after the lights go out they do the deed. The sun comes up. It's morning and TA DA! Lois is alive!

    So the Woman of Kleenex argument is a moot point. Or more like a moo point. It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's moo.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post




  11. #416
    Senior Member TomariS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    ^Yep! I agree with you too, haha! ;P

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Something just occurred to me.

    According to Soule, who is writing Superman/Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman had a sexual relationship.

    Which means any ideas about Lois and Clark not being able to do it are pretty much shot down.
    Honestly I've never understood why some fans try to apply physics and that stuff to explain why Superman can't have sex with a human woman; when Superman himself (and his powers of course) is beyond the realm of the possible or what we consider as 'realism'. It's fiction. Steve did it with Diana and nothing bad happened, then the same applies for Clark and Lois.

    brett: maybe you'll have a flashback of Diana reminiscing that 'special occasion' with Steve. And to be honest I hope both characters (Lois and Steve) are used and treated with respect in this book.


    http://allanced.deviantart.com/
    Last edited by TomariS; 07-04-2013 at 02:13 PM.

  12. #417
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Dune Sea.
    Posts
    11,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    ^Yep! I agree with you too, haha! ;P

    Honestly I've never understood why some fans try to apply physics and that stuff to explain why Superman can't have sex with a human woman; when Superman himself (and his powers of course) is beyond the realm of the possible or what we consider as 'realism'. It's fiction. Steve did it with Diana and nothing bad happened, then the same applies for Clark and Lois.

    brett: maybe you'll have a flashback of Diana reminiscing that 'special occasion' with Steve. And to be honest I hope both characters (Lois and Steve) are used and treated with respect in this book.


    http://allanced.deviantart.com/
    I agree with all of this - some Superfans [only some mind you] are happy to passionately argue that the radiation of Earth's yellow sun could indeed give a humanoid the power to fly faster than the speed of light, but will then turn around and quote physics for how he cant have sex with a human. It's weird, because they only want to limit his abilities to the credible in this one area, which makes me think its got less to do with Superman than it does with Lois.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”


  13. #418

    Default

    brettc1 I also believe that if Superman's powers can be rationalized then him doing it with Lois can also be rationalized. I wonder how Jon Lane Kent was conceived would be explained.

  14. #419
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Dune Sea.
    Posts
    11,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mbml2104 View Post
    brettc1 I also believe that if Superman's powers can be rationalized then him doing it with Lois can also be rationalized. I wonder how Jon Lane Kent was conceived would be explained.
    Heh, thanks. My position is more that Superman's powers CANNOT be rationalized, and therefor his physical relationship with Lois should not have to be.

    Clearly with Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor the SM/WW Team are taking the same position.

    Hopefully for Steve with multiple positions
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”


  15. #420
    Senior Member TomariS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    ^ brett, I bet you would like to see that, haha! And as for Jon: I actually want to see what happened to Jon's parents. I mean...we were told they entered the Fortress and apparently never came out. That's weird. =/







    Together in space!!! (by Gene Ha) =D





    Last edited by TomariS; 07-05-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •