Page 4 of 184 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

More art inspired by Man Of Steel

credit:solitarium

Going by the different changes in wardrobe Amy was caught with in the paparazzi pics from the set, the trailer and the way her name has been placed next to cavill's on the billing of the movie, looks like Lois will have a big and meaty role, I hope so. A great contrast to what's happening in the comics.
    Last edited by Drokki; 12-19-2012 at 04:01 PM.

OMG, beautiful art!! I hope that happens too, Drokki!

Source: http://quietlyandclearly.tumblr.com/

Love this vid...it features DC & Marvel couples. WE HAVE LOIS & CLARK IN THERE, YAY!!!!!!!

Great video!

So I have a question, Why has no one used Lois's past as a army brat recently in the comics? I mean seriously, there's the argument that Wonder Woman can understand Superman better because of the fact that she's "Lived" like he has, as a hero. But Just wikipediaing Lois made me pause and seriously rethink about how I view Lois, and I think a lot of writers are missing out on a few key factors.

Lets start with this factor, firstly assuming that her history is mostly intact in regards to the way her dad treats her and her sister, "part of his unit" teaching them to throw knives and be "like boys" or "little soldiers", I wouldn't be suprised if she's got a handle on how hard it is for Clark on a combat scene. She's moved around so much that she probably understands the idea of being alianted and alone, as a teen and a kid she probably had issues making friends and such. Not only that but if she was taught by her father to defend herself the whole "she's a damsel" thing goes out the window. No she can't beat up say Metallo or the Cheetah, but she would certainly be able to defend herself against some of their attacks, (apparently pre nu lois could throw knives with her toes). To add to that she was shot, stabbed by Deathstroke (and survived -how many can honestly say that they survived that fact) and nearly died twice (or more) so arguing that she can't understand that pain that Clark had when he was dead really doesn't stack up. So where does that leave us in reguards to lois via her ablity to understand Clark's acting as a warrior, I think she can get it. Oh and if that isn't proof enough...During their honeymoon Lois "Going commando (literally) Lois managed to track down her husband and single handedly rescue him from a den of terrorists." Yep that's right....Lois Lane managed to take out a den of terrorist without the help of the JLA. Yeah...Okay so writers, why has THAT Lois not shown up?

Think of it this way, her father is in the army, as such I have no doubt that at times she probably saw or knew friends or members of her dad's unit that were killed in action. She's probably experinced the sense of loss that Clark would feel if he failed at keeping one of his team mates safe. She's also seen first hand some dark stuff moving around from base to base, probably not always in the states. Pre nu lois even went into war torn countries to get a story, and lets not forget her actions in regards to her father and sister which lead to her own father's death. Speaking of which...

So apparently both Clark and Lois may have lost a mother, well if anyone can connect to that idea she can. Then there's the superhero factor. Yeah anyone recall the fact that the team up that started the Batman and Superman team comic came out of an event where lois wound up working with Batman to recover a ring that could kill Clark. Yeah she suited up and worked with Bruce to secure it. Also she's had super powers thanks to evil gods for a while...again no one recalls these facts? I mean...seriously?

It's just really annoying on so many levels that this character is being pushed into "Mary Jane Watson" territory by creators and why? Superman is not supposed to be the "Sore loser" character peter is, so why do I feel like they are writing him like that now?

Can anyone tell me exactly why none of this is being considered at all with Lois, and did the Flashpoint meeting between her and Clark happen? I mean...that would be kind of interesting if it did and she came to that realization (even if they're not in a relationship).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So I have a question, Why has no one used Lois's past as a army brat recently in the comics? I mean seriously, there's the argument that Wonder Woman can understand Superman better because of the fact that she's "Lived" like he has, as a hero. But Just wikipediaing Lois made me pause and seriously rethink about how I view Lois, and I think a lot of writers are missing out on a few key factors.

Lets start with this factor, firstly assuming that her history is mostly intact in regards to the way her dad treats her and her sister, "part of his unit" teaching them to throw knives and be "like boys" or "little soldiers", I wouldn't be suprised if she's got a handle on how hard it is for Clark on a combat scene. She's moved around so much that she probably understands the idea of being alianted and alone, as a teen and a kid she probably had issues making friends and such. Not only that but if she was taught by her father to defend herself the whole "she's a damsel" thing goes out the window. No she can't beat up say Metallo or the Cheetah, but she would certainly be able to defend herself against some of their attacks, (apparently pre nu lois could throw knives with her toes). To add to that she was shot, stabbed by Deathstroke (and survived -how many can honestly say that they survived that fact) and nearly died twice (or more) so arguing that she can't understand that pain that Clark had when he was dead really doesn't stack up. So where does that leave us in reguards to lois via her ablity to understand Clark's acting as a warrior, I think she can get it. Oh and if that isn't proof enough...During their honeymoon Lois "Going commando (literally) Lois managed to track down her husband and single handedly rescue him from a den of terrorists." Yep that's right....Lois Lane managed to take out a den of terrorist without the help of the JLA. Yeah...Okay so writers, why has THAT Lois not shown up?

Think of it this way, her father is in the army, as such I have no doubt that at times she probably saw or knew friends or members of her dad's unit that were killed in action. She's probably experinced the sense of loss that Clark would feel if he failed at keeping one of his team mates safe. She's also seen first hand some dark stuff moving around from base to base, probably not always in the states. Pre nu lois even went into war torn countries to get a story, and lets not forget her actions in regards to her father and sister which lead to her own father's death. Speaking of which...

So apparently both Clark and Lois may have lost a mother, well if anyone can connect to that idea she can. Then there's the superhero factor. Yeah anyone recall the fact that the team up that started the Batman and Superman team comic came out of an event where lois wound up working with Batman to recover a ring that could kill Clark. Yeah she suited up and worked with Bruce to secure it. Also she's had super powers thanks to evil gods for a while...again no one recalls these facts? I mean...seriously?

It's just really annoying on so many levels that this character is being pushed into "Mary Jane Watson" territory by creators and why? Superman is not supposed to be the "Sore loser" character peter is, so why do I feel like they are writing him like that now?

Can anyone tell me exactly why none of this is being considered at all with Lois, and did the Flashpoint meeting between her and Clark happen? I mean...that would be kind of interesting if it did and she came to that realization (even if they're not in a relationship).
    I do not have a clear answer for that, but I can tell you they sure are missing a world of opportunities by sidelining Lois and not giving her (back) some of the qualities/skills you're suggesting. It just feels like they're trying to take everything away from her (and no, I'm not talking about Clark, I'm talking about her career, traits of Lois that aren't there anymore, and etc). It would represent a great development for the character. For me, is appalling to see the differences between the Lois from SV, and the one from the main titles. I would like to say things will get better, but I'm not holding my breath.

I fear for BQM's comic, actually. The fact that is being successful and that at any moment all of a sudden, the higher powers could force Bryan to do/write something he doesn't want to, scares me.

Anyway...and on a happier note:

LOVE THIS VID.

So, if we want Clois we don't have only MoS to look forward to, we have Superman Unbound too
    with Matt Bomer as Superman and Stana Katic as Lois!!

Next up from DC Animation is Superman Unbound based on a 2008 Geoff Johns’ story from Action Comics. Matt Bomer FINALLY gets to play the Man of Steel with Stana Katic from Castle as Lois Lane and Molly Quinn, also from Castle, as Supergirl. Here’s a behind the scenes promo.
    Last edited by Drokki; 01-07-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drokki View Post
    So, if we want Clois we don't have only MoS to look forward to, we have Superman Unbound too
    with Matt Bomer as Superman and Stana Katic as Lois!!

Next up from DC Animation is Superman Unbound based on a 2008 Geoff Johns’ story from Action Comics. Matt Bomer FINALLY gets to play the Man of Steel with Stana Katic from Castle as Lois Lane and Molly Quinn, also from Castle, as Supergirl. Here’s a behind the scenes promo.
    Awesome, I LOVED THE GIFS!!! Welcome Matt and Stana as Clark and Lois, and Molly as Supergirl!!!! I found a vid!!!!!!!

Stana calls Lois an epic female!!! <3
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Awesome, I LOVED THE GIFS!!! Welcome Matt and Stana as Clark and Lois, and Molly as Supergilr!!!! I found a vid!!!!!!!

awesome

what does stana say here:?

"the strongest man in the world and still can't control..." I can't hear the rest of the sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

The less of General Thunderbolt Lane the better. I've got to think they have the good sense to keep away from it because of what a lame ripoff of the Hulk it is.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

My favorite description of Superman and Lois Lane, from Elliot S Maggin's Miracle Monday:

What Superman wanted to tell Lois next was that he was unsure about his ability to have her without having Clark as well. He wanted to say that Clark was his means to be on a roughly equal footing with her, and with those among whom he had to live.
    What Lois would then have said was that a woman arrogant enough to love a superman is uninterested in having a man who is on an equal footing with her. She would have said that she loved Superman, that she was born and raised to love Superman or someone like him just as surely as Prince Charles was born and raised to be the King of England. She would have said that she firmly believed that if Superman had died as an infant with his parents on the planet Krypton, then there never would have been a Lois Lane, because there would have been no place in the world for her to fit in. She believed that everything fit into the Order of the world, and she would have impressed Superman by telling him this.
    Before Lois met Superman, she would have said, she was both an overachiever and a lost soul, and without him she would have been a casualty of her own brute competence. She would still have been the first girl to edit the Hightstown High School newspaper, the first female valedictorian of her college class, and one of the first women to win a Pulitzer Traveling Fellowship from Columbia University. And with nothing better to do with her time, she would certainly have been a millionaire by the age of twenty-five, and a burned-out husk who had conquered all the worlds she had ever known by the age of thirty.
    She would have said, in her characteristic colorful overstatement, that she used to go out with men who would have made Gloria Steinem and Lillian Hellman blush, and that, without exception, she was so unmoved by them she was in the habit of crying herself to sleep.
    Lois would have said that before she met Superman she was a spoiled little girl who had never been said no to, who had never had her heart broken, and who would have died of loneliness by now if it were not for Superman. She would have asked him if he had any idea of what it was like to be totally alone, and he would have said that he did.
    He would have confessed that now, without Clark behind whom to hide, he was afraid that he would soon die of loneliness himself. She would have cried again, he would have joined her, and they would have decided that they desperately needed each other.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scar+On+The+Sky+-+Lois_Lane_And_Superman.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	106891

That was beautiful, lovelikewinter!

Another great vid.
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-10-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Interesting points. Very well put, sorry to see the clip about Unbound taken down. Of note, does anyone think that in the future Lois and Clark would have a family? If so do you think that they would take Chris back in? I miss him.

Here is another passage about Superman and Lois from Miracle Monday. He has taken her for dinner.

They were gone into the sky again, Lois sheltered in red and pressed against his shoulders by the speed. When Lois Lane next saw daylight, the Rocky Mountains, swathed in an eight-foot base of snow, flowed majestically beneath them. Lois thought Superman had changed his mind about where they were going.
    "Aha," she said. "The bathing suit was just a clever ploy. You were planning on forcing yourself mercilessly upon me in the wilderness all along, you cad you."
    "It is a wilderness, my dear Miss Lane," he said, "but I am capable of getting quite a lot more merciless than this."
    "Can't tell by me," she said, shedding the cape when they landed on a rock outcropping near a bubbling spring. "What is this place?"
    A narrow stream of water flowed from a crack between two rocks on the mountainside into a mostly frozen river that was no more than six or eight long strides across. Where the stream hit the river, there was a constant hiss of steam. Around the intersection of the two flows of water were a few square meters of snowless scrub grass, with a heated pool half the width of the otherwise frozen river on one side, and on the other side unearthly configurations of ice that were made directly from steam. It was a valley boxed in on all sides by six peaks, a misty oasis in this crisp frigid desert.
    "Welcome to my newest discovery." Superman bowed at the waist, his cape draped over one arm. "Our own private hot spring."
    "It's stunning. Where are we?"
    "Near the northeast corner of Utah. I think this place is really undiscovered. It would be pretty tricky to get even a helicopter through the air currents into this valley. May I dust off your seat?" He grinned as he clapped the cape over a flat rock and then reached into the pocket in the cape's lining for Lois's studiedly scanty swimsuit.
    "What else've you got in there?"
    "A handful of marbles, a rabbit's foot, two frogs and a road map to Metropolis."
    While she changed into the swimsuit he turned his back, ostensibly in order to dig in the nearby snow for a small floating table and the picnic dinner that he had buried there a few hours earlier. The snow melted at the touch of hands that were still warm from friction. Dinner was his own concoction, made out of mushrooms, walnuts and fresh vegetables, with a mixture of fruit juices that Martha Kent had once taught him how to make. He defrosted and cooked the platter with the wink of an eye. He sat down in the steam-heated pool, surrounded by winter, with a tableful of picnic goodies floating on little pontoons in front of him. She sat in the warm water opposite him and rinsed off her hands in the pool.
    "So, Miss Lane."
    "Yes, Mr. Clean?"
    "Do you come here often?"
    They ate dinner, talked for a while, imagined animal shapes in the mountains through the steam, swam, sat in the natural sauna, and when night fell, they cooled off by rolling around together in the snow. When she wrapped herself again in the red cape he accelerated even more gently than he had before, until somewhere over eastern Colorado they reached the velocity he wanted. He rose higher in the sky and began to weave back and forth as he flew, delicately rocking her to sleep, helped by the thinness of the air. She would have been a touch disappointed to know that he kissed her lightly on the forehead when he left her in her bed and soared off to save worlds until morning.
    Lois Lane woke up before dawn dry and warm, still in her swimsuit and under her blankets. For now, she thought, this was enough for her. She turned over and fell back to sleep.

Awesome things you're posting, lovelikewinter, thank you!

Beautiful parallel between Injustice: Gods among us and Smallville season 11:

http://sirensofgotham.tumblr.com/pos...llville-season
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-16-2013 at 09:30 PM.